Hacking Datel Powersaves now supports Pokemon X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyrule Shield

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling if they made a "First Pokemon in Your Party is Shiny" code, they'd mess it up, and make it illegal for use online.
They need to have an option that allows the extraction of .pkx files.
A PokeGen for .pkx already exist, we just can't extract the Pokemon...

unlimited497

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get "The web operation failed" error? I just got my powersaves. I try to use on Pokemon Y and everytime it gets half way to SERVER PROCESS, the window web operation failed pop up and close to whole thing out. Is anyone having the same problem? My internet connect was connect the whole time. No firewall. Is their database down? If anyone how why it keeps doing this, please help. Thanks.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got my PowerSaves device by ActionReplay (by Datel). At first it worked with Pokemon Y, but not with X.
After trying blowing on the adapter and game card, using Radio Shack contact cleaner, standing on 1 foot and crowing like a chicken and other foolishness, I finally followed the advice of that genius - Goku - post #223. I licked the metal contacts on the X game cartridge and the thing has worked flawlessly ever since!
This device can backup and restore a 3DS save file and perform several codes - save file edit functions. I am glad I have PowerSaves for items and save game backup and restore - and Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter for providing a place to move Pokemon to before restoring a save from before you deposited them and then withdrawing the pokes back to the game boxes. Easy, fast and perfect cloning.
But I am expecting a 3DS AR with encounter codes and shiny codes and various XY Pkx editors to be released soon.
I hope that there will be a 3DS emulator (DeSmuME3DS?) so I can play Pokemon XYZ and Dragon Quest Monsters on a 55" screen.
The start of this dream is the $20 PowerSaves device. Buy one now and share your 1mb powersaves.bin files full of shiny pokemon with me!
:grog::teach:

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
But I am expecting a 3DS AR with encounter codes and shiny codes and various XY Pkx editors to be released soon.
I hope that there will be a 3DS emulator (DeSmuME3DS?) so I can play Pokemon XYZ and Dragon Quest Monsters on a 55" screen.
The start of this dream is the $20 PowerSaves device. Buy one now and share your 1mb powersaves.bin files full of shiny pokemon with me!

This device won't help with the development of a 3DS emu, nor an actual AR device.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
This is pretty cool, I hope a pokegen-like cheat is created. I've done IV breeding and it's a sink hole for time.

You can get 3DSes premodded with video out ports.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Datel can add in codes, I believe they found the checksum to decrypt and re-encrypt the save.

Yes, but you need the decrypted data of a given block to recalculate any 0x10 byte checksums.

Depending on how these save files work, it might not be a good idea for Datel to allow users to download unencrypted saves -- sure it would help making new codes but it could possibly give away the encryption stream. It'd be in their best interest to only allow certain regions to be downloaded, if at all.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update - day 2: I had to re-lick (thanks Goku, but eww!) the metal contacts on my X cartridge a second time (today) to get a reliable connection with the powersaves3ds usb dongle.

The Powersaves Codes include 999x item in slot n for the first 10 slots in Tools, Recovery and Berries (30 Codes).
Other codes put 999 rare candy, ppmax, carbos, zinc, protein, iron, calcium, hp-up or masterballs in slot 1 of the appropriate category, over-writing whatever was already in slot 1. There are also codes for max money, BP and miles. I think this is an excellent start for a 3DS save editor that is not even officially released yet! Twice I got a corrupted save message on Y when I tried to restore a save, but it worked when I re-tried.

I think filetrip.net should provide a place to share Powersaves .bin files. These should be the standard format used for all 3DS savegame files.
They are created on a $20 Datel/Action Replay device from any 3DS retail game carts (not just Pokemon X & Y) and any current 3DS firmware.

The 3DS saves in filetrip are created on a $80 gateway device with restricted firmware and limited portability.
Perhaps Datel will provide Powersaves for Pokemon games soon?

I believe that the fact that Datel can now read, write and modify 3DS save files on a retail 3DS cart on a windows computer via a USB connection is evidence that it may be possible to develop a 3DS emulator and other fun toys in the future!

Reactions: |-Goku-|

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Update - day 2: I had to re-lick (thanks Goku, but eww!) the metal contacts on my X cartridge a second time (today) to get a reliable connection with the powersaves3ds usb dongle.

The Powersaves Codes include 999x item in slot n for the first 10 slots in Tools, Recovery and Berries (30 Codes).
Other codes put 999 rare candy, ppmax, carbos, zinc, protein, iron, calcium, hp-up or masterballs in slot 1 of the appropriate category, over-writing whatever was already in slot 1. There are also codes for max money, BP and miles. I think this is an excellent start for a 3DS save editor that is not even officially released yet! Twice I got a corrupted save message on Y when I tried to restore a save, but it worked when I re-tried.

I think filetrip.net should provide a place to share Powersaves .bin files. These should be the standard format used for all 3DS savegame files.
They are created on a $20 Datel/Action Replay device from any 3DS retail game carts (not just Pokemon X & Y) and any current 3DS firmware.

The 3DS saves in filetrip are created on a $80 gateway device with restricted firmware and limited portability.
Perhaps Datel will provide Powersaves for Pokemon games soon?

I believe that the fact that Datel can now read, write and modify 3DS save files on a retail 3DS cart on a windows computer via a USB connection is evidence that it may be possible to develop a 3DS emulator and other fun toys in the future!

Why do people kept thinking this will lead to an emulator?
This is just a fraction of the 3DS.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

1. Decrypting a save and save editing does not lead to emulator, as there are way lots of things required to emulate a 3DS.
2. no point sharing saves as the saves are encrypted.
3. given that saves are encrypted, until someone else breaks it, no save editing programs as well (datel won't release one; they won't earn money).

Zarde_Draco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has someone other than me experiencing this?

2pr9z0i.png

after this it shows insert cartridge, and the main screen appears and starts all over again!

How to Fix, anybody knows?

rda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine in a few days ago, and I have to say its been working great so far. I haven't ran into any issues with it not reading any of my games including animal crossing and pokemon x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare