Database Errors, Reprise

kutabare

akutareguchi
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please be quick, I cannot sit still for very long.
wink.gif

psxer2600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a different error code, but the same problem: full disk. It doesn't have to do with the server being unable to handle the traffic, it has to do with storage space.

Lord Graga

He's the llamamaster!
Trophies
Website
graga.tri-bit.biz
XP
Country
I think we should switch board type, and delete all user information.

Users with 500 or more posts should manually be added to the new board. Any other users would be completly removed. This would save us from lots of diskspace.

The grogtopic should, however, be transfered too, as it's the most important topic in the history of GBATemp.

And kill the attachment function.

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Users with 500 or more posts should manually be added to the new board. Any other users would be completly removed. This would save us from lots of diskspace.

The grogtopic should, however, be transfered too, as it's the most important topic in the history of GBATemp.

> . < i REALLY hope that's a joke, Lord Graga... i mean, delete ALL user accounts below 500 posts? Yeah, that's fair, isn't it? lol im pretty sure you're joking though. What about deleting the accounts with no posts that are oer a year old, those would probably have been made just to get ROMS.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
in one poitn i agree... delete the 0-posters. the only problem is DB consistency doing this. such a modification could usually only be done clean and stable during a little shutdown of the forum. otherwise it could get a bit tricky.

Garageboy101

GBAtemp's personal GooK -('.-)
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

getting rid of CRAP like the grog post would help with diskspace lol

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why not just create a gbatemp temp forum? (get the joke?
wink.gif
) We could use that instead of this until everything is sorted. . . right?

Oh I found out how to browse the forum without getting any errors.

As tempest said there are some parts of the forums which can't be veiwed. This is the index mainly. So the only topics we can reply to are those in the 10 latest topics. Once that topic has disappeared from the top ten there's no other way to retrieve that topic. Now to post a new topic you have to so to a topic which is in the same forum group and click on new topic/poll. You'll then be able to create a topic. (So if you want to make a topic with a suggestion you'd need to enter a topic which is also in the same forum as your topic is going to be in) The bad thing is once any topic from a certain forum group (such as general topic in this case) has disappeared from the top ten, there is no other way to post in that forum anymore. The only thing I could suggest to stop that from happening is by a moderater moving a topic from another forum into the general discussions forum so that we can then post there. PHEW!

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you got rid of either Grog or Teh Person Above Meh the ensuing riots among members would be enough to ban YOU, DjGarf. Moderators DO have a responsibility to keep the forum as enjoyable as possible for the members.

We need an administrator. It's just that simple.

-Tempest out.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)