djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If you got rid of either Grog or Teh Person Above Meh the ensuing riots among members would be enough to ban YOU, DjGarf. Moderators DO have a responsibility to keep the forum as enjoyable as possible for the members.

We need an administrator. It's just that simple.

-Tempest out.-
LMFAO!!!!!
fine that's how u want to be then lets put up with the forum being this way then!!

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to leave you to your dillusions djgarf. Enjoy.

Dice on the other hand. You need more experience with the board if you think you only have access to the latest 10. New Posts and Active Topics options give you access to far more than that. You should try them out.
smile.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I find it funny that prior to editing all DJGarf did was laugh at me, as if he thought that said enough.

The board will endure. If you look at it lightly, you can see that this stops all the "n00b posts" that several people have a huge problem with, while at one and the same time making "use the search feature" obsolete as people use that anyway to browse now!

There's a bright side to everything. The brightest at the moment will be when the server regains it's full operational capacity.

-Tempest out.-

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've created a TEMP GBAtemp board, it's not much and it uses ezboard, but it's better then arguing while we wait for our Admins to wake up...
It's open to anyone, and while it's not as great as our old home, think about it like your spendingthe week at your Grandma's house or something.... It's not the same but it'll do for now... Please read the announcement to get to grips with what this is supposed to be...

http://pub16.ezboard.com/bgbatempver2

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
what is dillusional about facing the fact that 1) the hard drive the board is stored on is FULL and 2) the grog and person above me posts are spam and taking up space that is greatly needed!
it dosent take a genius to work out what should go first but ah well!

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what is dillusional about facing the fact that 1) the hard drive the board is stored on is FULL and 2) the grog and person above me posts are spam and taking up space that is greatly needed!
it dosent take a genius to work out what should go first but ah well!
Djgarf instead of slinging mud why don't you do something useful for the BOARD as a whole and post a front page link to the GBAtemp TEMP BOARD that I created for everyone to use? I don't know about you because you only seem to post as a mod, but I'm a member of this board as well as a mod and I sick of having to read this while the boards going though a tough time...

Nothing's going to fix what's wrong with GBAtemp until one of the Admins come on, and it's up to them as to what should be and shouldn't be on GBAtemp...

What you guys should be worried about is what will happen is none of them come back to fix the board... What then?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
For a start those topics are USELESS on a GBA related forum.

Secondly no staff member will ban any other staff member without going through a procedure which involves EVERY staff member.

I for one see no point in keeping 80 + pages of pure crap on each of those topics and a few others.

Until Omero or KiVan return though, I don't think deleting them will really help resolve the disc space very much, as the SQL will still be on the database.
I would still prefer for topics like that to be killed on birth though.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Ok seriously then I don't really care for those topics much anymore. . it's just a way to get away from reality. The LEAST you could do is just reset the topic and reset it every few weeks. . . Taking it off completely is too drastic for my liking.

I heard from shaun that the forum is back up again . . .

Go for us. . GO GO GO!

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, the forum is back up again, I'm glad to see this but I'm worried about the "real" problem to be solved. I mean, if no one of the admins come out to help solving the situation, what happens? I hope a solution will be found. Anyway the admin is really important and it's hard to endure without one...
frown.gif

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One of the bigger problems was the ability to upload directly to the server's space. People need to stop being so lazy and host their own images, or atleast use Koekie's Upload Dump. Getting rid of all the uploads won't fix all the space problems, but it is a start.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Pucky here about the upload's and am taking down my art gallery on GBAtemp in full, so even if there are two useless threads on the board I'm sure my taking down all my uploaded images more then makes up for there existance...

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Pucky here about the upload's and am taking down my art gallery on GBAtemp in full, so even if there are two useless threads on the board I'm sure my taking down all my uploaded images more then makes up for there existance...
But all it is, is a series of links, right? The actual images themselves are not loaded onto the hard drive, only the links are. So the size really shouldn't be any kind of issue at all, I don't think. It's not like you're saving your images onto the server. They are saved on an alternate server.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, if I remember correctly, the gallery images are actually stored on the GBATemp servers. That was part of the appeal of the gallery.

NeoBahamut

Dragon King of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I agree with deleting members who have less than 200 posts it will make the board to be ''cleaner'' and get off these spammers.......
hmm... actually, deleting members at 0 posts... some new members who just come in may agree
also... delete the topics that are at least 4 months old... I think no one would revive them, unless the guy is a spammer

anyway... glad the forum is back to normal

-Bahamut Unsummoned-

Hybrid Stigmata

The New Build
Trophies
Website
home.earthlink.net
XP
Country
United States
I think we should switch board type, and delete all user information.

Users with 500 or more posts should manually be added to the new board. Any other users would be completly removed. This would save us from lots of diskspace.

The grogtopic should, however, be transfered too, as it's the most important topic in the history of GBATemp.

And kill the attachment function.
getting rid of CRAP like the grog post would help with diskspace lol
agreed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over