Hacking Data Transfer to EmuNAND w/ Gateway 2.0 Questions

Deboog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to apologize in advanced if this should go in the announcement thread, but I didn't see any official discussion thread of Gateway 2.0 so I thought it would be all right to start a new topic.

I realize that 2.0 just launched, and I'm not looking to get answers instantly, but I would appreciate it if anybody could give me the answers to the following questions.

1: Is it possible to use Nintendo's data transfer tool from emuNAND 6.x to emuNAND 6.x. How about from an official 6.x to emuNAND 6.x?

2. When you transfer data from a 3DS that has Gateway installed, does it transfer the DS info? If so, will the Gateway boot also be transferred? Will Nintendo notice it and screw something up?

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booting into classic mode keeps my 3ds hanging on the horizontal lines screens. this also happeend when I iniitially launched the thing without holding the L button. I think something's wrong with my 3ds. :(

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Booting into classic mode keeps my 3ds hanging on the horizontal lines screens. this also happeend when I iniitially launched the thing without holding the L button. I think something's wrong with my 3ds. :(
I get this horizontal line hanging seemingly at random too. I think its just a GW bug.

Deboog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To keep this on topic (and wrap up the answers to my questions) can someone confirm that it is impossible to use the receiving end of the transfer tool in EmuNAND 6.x, in both Gateway mode and Classic mode?

Does it force you to reset the 3DS or something?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
To keep this on topic (and wrap up the answers to my questions) can someone confirm that it is impossible to use the receiving end of the transfer tool in EmuNAND 6.x, in both Gateway mode and Classic mode?

Does it force you to reset the 3DS or something?

Yes. Apparent it wont work because the receiving 3ds on emunand will simply revert back to original nand FW hence necessitating that you update officially.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: