Data Transfer to EmuNAND w/ Gateway 2.0 Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Deboog, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Deboog
    OP

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    I want to apologize in advanced if this should go in the announcement thread, but I didn't see any official discussion thread of Gateway 2.0 so I thought it would be all right to start a new topic.

I realize that 2.0 just launched, and I'm not looking to get answers instantly, but I would appreciate it if anybody could give me the answers to the following questions.

1: Is it possible to use Nintendo's data transfer tool from emuNAND 6.x to emuNAND 6.x. How about from an official 6.x to emuNAND 6.x?

2. When you transfer data from a 3DS that has Gateway installed, does it transfer the DS info? If so, will the Gateway boot also be transferred? Will Nintendo notice it and screw something up?

2. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    I tried it and it's not possible. Opening the system transfer app puts you back into normal nand (4.5) and requires update to transfer.

3. Deboog
    OP

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    This is for the transfer app on both the giving and receiving 3DS?

4. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Okay, that's all I needed to know.

What about online play in emunand, does gateway still suggest not to do that?

5. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Booting into classic mode keeps my 3ds hanging on the horizontal lines screens. this also happeend when I iniitially launched the thing without holding the L button. I think something's wrong with my 3ds. :(

6. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    I get this horizontal line hanging seemingly at random too. I think its just a GW bug.

7. Deboog
    OP

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    To keep this on topic (and wrap up the answers to my questions) can someone confirm that it is impossible to use the receiving end of the transfer tool in EmuNAND 6.x, in both Gateway mode and Classic mode?

Does it force you to reset the 3DS or something?

8. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Yes. Apparent it wont work because the receiving 3ds on emunand will simply revert back to original nand FW hence necessitating that you update officially.