DAT0, CMD, and CLK values to check EMMC breakout PCB adapter install?

ratgoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,I have been practicing my BGA work for a while now and I'm ready to tackle the EMMC on my switch OLED to install a PCB re-ball breakout adapter. After I have mounted the PCB and EMMC I was wondering what readings (values and type of test) I should be seeing if all went according to plan? I have the 4 pad breakout adapter with breakouts for DAT0, CMD, CLK, and VDDF which I sourced from abal1000x on github.
Thank you all!

alecocr20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I suppose it should be the same values as when doing the normal installation Diode Mode and between 0.6 and 0.9 volts
I would like to know how did you practice, which tools etc. Would like to try this at some point

ratgoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for the reply, I practiced on a broken switch but I saw a practice set on aliexpress called "bga practice BGA chip BGA153 welding machine practice planting ball and tin practice chip steel mesh board set" might be worth a shot.
Hello,
I suppose it should be the same values as when doing the normal installation Diode Mode and between 0.6 and 0.9 volts
I would like to know how did you practice, which tools etc. Would like to try this at some point
Post automatically merged:

Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 2.55.39 PM.png

these were the readings i referenced in diode mode, pretty sure rst is VDDE. either way it read the same and worked

Last edited by ratgoul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it