EmmC Dat0 Pcb (Reball Emmc Adapter) sourcing

Spokenlastchance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to modify a Switch OLED in the future, and I would like to use the Emmc Adapter board. However, with Hwfly going out of business seemingly and Picofly becoming the most common chip on the market I cannot seem to find them.

I did see a user linked the clip layout for possible printing

https://github.com/abal1000x/emmc_adapter/releases/tag/v2.0.0

The only other ones I were able to find were theses below, but they seemed pretty dodgy. It seems like no one is offering them on Aliexpress anymore. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

https://shopee.com.my/HWFLY-EmmC-Dat0-Pcb-(Reball-Emmc-Adapter)-i.12887749.19292461939
https://everymarket.com/products/hwfly-oled-v4-1-v5-chip-flex-cable-dat0-adapter-f

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
you can use the gerber file from the github link to make an order with JLCPCB. costs almost nothing. just specify 0.6mm thickness and leave the rest as default

Reactions: Spokenlastchance

Spokenlastchance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the gerber file from the github link to make an order with JLCPCB. costs almost nothing. just specify 0.6mm thickness and leave the rest as default
Zam offered to sell them to me. I likely will just take them up on the offer, but that's good information to have some others!

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Take note if you're going to use this adapter you have no indicators where the chip is placed under the pads so its going to be based on guess.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Take note if you're going to use this adapter you have no indicators where the chip is placed under the pads so its going to be based on guess.

what? aligning against the corner markers on the mainboard is easy. stop guessing.

ratgoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont, but follow @deeps suggestion above. Its pretty inexpensive and the production quality is solid.
Thanks, I made an order. All said and done a little less than $5 for 5 chips shipped, with the first time discount. Seems a little too good to be true, we'll see how they come out.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to go to that site, and after uploading the zip file, I cannot select 0.6mm. 0.8mm is the smallest I can select :unsure:

The first OLED I ever tried modding, I messed up the clk point, and I'd really like to install this adapter to run a wire from the emmc to the trace above point D, in hopes of making it a working Switch again.

EDIT: Ooohhh... I just instinctively selected 1 layer for the PCB. When selecting 2 layer, 0.6mm becomes an option. Seems counter-intuitive but... ok... probably prevented me from making a mistake, selecting 1 layer :unsure:

Last edited by urherenow,

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first OLED I ever tried modding, I messed up the clk point, and I'd really like to install this adapter to run a wire from the emmc to the trace above point D, in hopes of making it a working Switch again.

How was the clk point messed up? If its actually severed, then this wont help.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How was the clk point messed up? If its actually severed, then this wont help.
Pretty sure it's severed. Won't know for sure until I get my tools to remove the emmc. But why wouldn't this help? I'm going to make a direct connection from the trace to the emmc via that adapter. Does it lead to other places besides the emmc, with diodes in-between? Is there an available diagram of where exactly that via leads to?

At any rate, the board is dead either way (if it works or not), so it's a good candidate for my first attempt at reballing stuff. I got the soldering part down, after getting a better microscope. My second attempt has never had a single glitch. I masked the wires on CLK and CMD, and also along the edges of the dat0 adapter, so none of that is going to budge, even if I drop the Switch on the ground.

Last edited by urherenow,

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it's severed. Won't know for sure until I get my tools to remove the emmc. But why wouldn't this help? I'm going to make a direct connection from the trace to the emmc via that adapter. Does it lead to other places besides the emmc, with diodes in-between?

In any scenario (in my experience) where running a bypass wire from the emmc to the apu side trace would work, repairing the severed trace would also work and would be easier. If the trace is unrepairable, a bylass is unlikely to work out. But every situation is different.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In any scenario (in my experience) where running a bypass wire from the emmc to the apu side trace would work, repairing the severed trace would also work and would be easier. If the trace is unrepairable, a bylass is unlikely to work out. But every situation is different.
If it is indeed broken, it's the via itself, so there's no repairing that, that I know of. Although I'm stupid and dangerous enough to wonder if stuffing the hole with solder paste repeatedly will fix the connection. I just ordered a hot air gun for this.

While trying to make it work without the chip, I washed the tiniest sliver of solder wick (read: copper wire) from under the APU, so for all I know, the APU itself is fried. Again, I can't even begin to see if it's repairable before I get the air gun and get the emmc removed. My hopes aren't high. It just seems like a fun project for me, and a bit of reballing experience.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is indeed broken, it's the via itself, so there's no repairing that, that I know of. Although I'm stupid and dangerous enough to wonder if stuffing the hole with solder paste repeatedly will fix the connection. I just ordered a hot air gun for this.

While trying to make it work without the chip, I washed the tiniest sliver of solder wick (read: copper wire) from under the APU, so for all I know, the APU itself is fried. Again, I can't even begin to see if it's repairable before I get the air gun and get the emmc removed.

Damn. Reading that bit about the sliver of braid ... ouch. Hope it works out for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.