Hacking DarkCorp GC Backup Disc Channel

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, already posted this before, but I think It's the wrong place and I'm not getting help.

I heard DarkCorp would make me able to load GC backups from Disc Channel, but it isn't even detecting it. GC Backups run fine through Neogamma and Wii Backups run fine through Disc Channel so I don't really know what to do. Tried to search for a solution and people usually answer things similar to this:
http://gbatemp.net/t285459-gamecube-backup...nnel?&st=15
QUOTE said:
slyr1143, I just re-modded my wii and after installing Darkcorp v1.1 full mine also wouldn't play gamecube backups in the disc channel.

After a LOT of messing around I got them loading again. I used Waninoko's cMIOS Installer Rev 5, http://filetrip.net/f9667-cMIOS-Installer-rev-5.html. Extract cMIOS_rev5-Installer.dol and rename it boot.dol and place it in the apps folder of your SD card.

You also need RVL-mios-v8.wad to put in the root of your SD card. I used NUSDownloader, remember to download v8 and rename it. v4, v5 and v10 didn't work for me.

Just run the installer from the homebrew channel, I selected IOS249, and after a quick installation it was all working again.
No luck with it. Anyway... can someone please help me? Keep in mind its old Wii (LU50)

eddthegeeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me but i got it to work. you have to install RVL-mios-v8.wad through wad manager. hope this works for you because it worked and still is working for me
smile.gif

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still unable to read the disc, already tried to reinstall Darkcorp, nothing seems to work, the GC backup isn't even recognized by the Disc Channel, just fails to read it, while it runs perfectly by Neogamma.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to use Darkcorp for GC backups, you aren't getting the best compatibilty.

Look at the Neogamma r9 stickies if you are serious about GCube backup loading.
It does'nt get better than that.
Use the Wiipower/ Wiigator cMIOS.
It fixes A LOT of problems for Gcube games.

DO NOT USE DARKCORP.
Do not install it's cMIOS.
You are screwing with you system while it's not even needed.

It's OUT OF DATE. And NOT needed.
This is the reason people don't help you.

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always used Cioscorp/Darkcorp and never really had a problem with it. I sincerely hate when people go all "Zomg darkcrap, unistall naooo!!!!", If I like it and you don't, just leave it the way it is.

I'm sorry If I sounded arrogant, you tried to help me, though thats not really I was looking for, as already said, my Neogamma is fine, I just want to have my DarkCorp fully working.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
If you want to use Darkcorp for GC backups, you aren't getting the best compatibilty.

Look at the Neogamma r9 stickies if you are serious about GCube backup loading.
It does'nt get better than that.
Use the Wiipower/ Wiigator cMIOS.
It fixes A LOT of problems for Gcube games.

DO NOT USE DARKCORP.
Do not install it's cMIOS.
You are screwing with you system while it's not even needed.

It's OUT OF DATE. And NOT needed.
This is the reason people don't help you.
No, it's not needed, but it's nice to be able to access one's games via the Disk Channel. I use it and love it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkCORP is an IOS clusterfuck. It is the dirtiest hack available for the Wii and is only loved by people who are obsessive about starting discs from the disc channel. There are far more safe and efficient ways of playing your backups.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
DarkCORP is an IOS clusterfuck. It is the dirtiest hack available for the Wii and is only loved by people who are obsessive about starting discs from the disc channel. There are far more safe and efficient ways of playing your backups.
Yeah, I've heard that. It was actually a real gamble for me to install it, took me a year to decide.

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy, as far as I know, the risk of bricking your Wii with cioscorp is pretty much the same as installing any other cIOS. I agree with machomuu, never bricked on me, no need to access backup launchers, theres nothing wrong with it, works wonders, does what I'm looking for, so why complain?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
koolcool12 said:
Old8oy, as far as I know, the risk of bricking your Wii with cioscorp is pretty much the same as installing any other cIOS. I agree with machomuu, never bricked on me, no need to access backup launchers, theres nothing wrong with it, works wonders, does what I'm looking for, so why complain?

cioscorp uses ios !!!!

what about uneek+di ?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koolcool12 said:

Well...
QUOTE(damysteryman @ Aug 21 2011, 05:39 AM) DARKCORP is out-of-date nowadays...
...considering "one" of the developers of DARKCORP states it is out-of-date...I'll take his word on it.

who's complaining? you're asking for help with an outdated, non-recommended program and I am telling you it would be in your best interest to use something else for your backups. and as zizer pointed out, there are far safer alternatives.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
koolcool12 said:

Well...
QUOTE(damysteryman @ Aug 21 2011, 05:39 AM) DARKCORP is out-of-date nowadays...
...considering "one" of the developers of DARKCORP states it is out-of-date...I'll take his word on it.

who's complaining? you're asking for help with an outdated, non-recommended program and I am telling you it would be in your best interest to use something else for your backups. and as zizer pointed out, there are far safer alternatives.
I agree, there are. I really took a risk installing it. Seeing you're problem, what I suggest you uninstall Darkcorp, install priiloader, and reinstall Darkcorp and install the Mios packaged with he Full Package.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
koolcool12 said:

cioscorp uses ios !!!!

what about uneek+di ?
i've tried it on sneek an uneek. it doesn't work.(at least for me). don't even want this on our family's wii. it might have been or could have been a good hack to use if it was updated, on the regular.
it's way to unstable .

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Old8oy: Outdated or not, with it I can run pretty much everything I need to run, so I see nothing wrong with it. I have my NAND backed up and BootMii as Boot2, as far as I'm not retard (pretty sure I'm not), Its just as safe as any other hack.

@zizer: I've actually never heard of uneek, will google to find more about it.

@machomuu: Will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks.

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please correct me If I'm wrong, but Sneek is like a "fake" alternative NAND that you can hack and leave the original alone?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
koolcool12 said:
@Old8oy: Outdated or not, with it I can run pretty much everything I need to run, so I see nothing wrong with it. I have my NAND backed up and BootMii as Boot2, as far as I'm not retard (pretty sure I'm not), Its just as safe as any other hack.

@zizer: I've actually never heard of uneek, will google to find more about it.

@machomuu: Will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks.

Try the latest games, they might not work.
Try a backup of windwaker and enter a dungeon map, not playable
Try loading games with movies, e.g. Wario Land Shake Dimension. Watch the movie.

Cioscorp is just a WHOLE IOS replacement, replacing it with the outdated Waninkoko cIOS rev 17.
cMIOS is outdated for loading GC games.
Disc loading is SLOW 3x
Your Wii lens takes wear.

Darkcorp could basicly be done yourself at will.
JUST REPLACE EVERY NINTENDO SLOT WITH A cIOS.
Just not needed and dangerous if you mamage to screw up a System IOS.
You could just install 2 cIOS and ONE mIOS and you would be able to load every backup there is.
Without ANY danger in accidentally updating etc.
WITHOUT tempering with the official Nintendo stuff, d2x cios is just added to the official Ninty IOSs.
And with a usb device loading at 8x speed ( usb 2.0 )

If you are willing to use Darcorp you have to bare with it's flaws.

About Uneek: Uneek is a NAND emulator. It does'nt need to be hacked.
Basicly if you have a USB HDD, you can have multiple copies of your ( or any )Wii on your hard drive, in ANY region.
It comes down to YOU having a many Wii's you want on your hard drive. Without hacking, it does'nt need any cios.
SAFE as it is'nt your real wii, it's virtual. Modmii can set it up for you. ( easy as shit! )
Games are loaded from usb but in the same fasion as they would from a disc ( so from the channel )

I myself have 4 Wii's set up on my hard drive and I can do whatever I want with it WITHOUT any danger.
If I screw up, I just intall a new copy, lol!
It enables you to play ALL wiiware from hdd + all vc games .
Recently it was the only way to play problem games fully, like Metroid Prime Trilogy because of the IOS reload.
But the the D2X cIOS came out and fixed everything for the "normal"usb loading like IOS reloading games.
Installing D2X ( only 2 cIOS ) on your Wii and having a usb HDD, gives you 100% compatibiblty and the fastest way of playing backups on your Wii.
Not to mention you don't have to temper with your Wii system .

In other words, if I would buy a Wii i'd have it set up within 10 minutes to be able to play EVERY Wii backup from USB .
By only installing the HBC, placing the USB loader app on my hard drive or sd card and installing the d2x Cios. SAFE.

Take your pick, but don't expect any help for something that's outdated and can't be fixed.
If you really insist on using disc backups, use NEOGAMMA for best compability.
It's essential for loading Gamecube backups. + able to use Multi disc iso's. ( 5+/- 5 GC games on 1 disc.
You have no idea how many Wii's I've saved from the garbage bin because the people thought their Wii was broken.
There are better way to ( ab ) use your Wii, without destroying it over time. ( bye, bye lens )

If you want to get up to date with loading backups and the official Nintendo stuff ( so you can play the latest retail games you bought )
Look for the wii hacking modmii stikie on this forum.
It's the safest fastest easiest noob friendly way of setting up you Wii.
Only requiering a Windows based PC and a SD card and usb HDD.
It will generate a tailor made guide you can folow while ( re )hacking your Wii.
Just answer the Questions and follow the guide.
It will get rid of the Darcorp install and makes you Wii run like butter on a hot knife!
Also making your Wii as Brick safe as possible!

( sorry for the typos! )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ