• Total voters

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was considering it, and I know how, but I just wondered how many of you guys have it. Anyone?

In case you don't know, it lets you run disks directly through the Disc Channel.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I consider USB loading to be superior in nearly all respects. If I was a disc user, I would still use a cIOS and NeoGamma rather than install a slew of modded IOSes. I am also wary of any softmods which overwrite normal files and risk breaking the Wii's core functionality.

The only advantage of DarkCORP is its transparency - a casual Wii user would have an easier time understanding a system that operates the same as a normal Wii.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
I consider USB loading to be superior in nearly all respects. If I was a disc user, I would still use a cIOS and NeoGamma rather than install a slew of modded IOSes. I am also wary of any softmods which overwrite normal files and risk breaking the Wii's core functionality.

The only advantage of DarkCORP is its transparency - a casual Wii user would have an easier time understanding a system that operates the same as a normal Wii.
As far as actual gameplay goes USB loading is inferior in all aspects (with a cIOS). Only BCA games need patching if you're using a disc (but that also applies to USB loading) and only 1 game fails without a workaround.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you you don't have an external hard drive, (like I do,) then yes, use it. It is actually really convenient not really having to launch any channels or needing an SD card. Just make sure you have a nand backup anyway.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameking66 said:
Szalkow said:

As far as actual gameplay goes USB loading is inferior in all aspects (with a cIOS). Only BCA games need patching if you're using a disc (but that also applies to USB loading) and only 1 game fails without a workaround.
So how is USB loading inferior?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
gameking66 said:
Szalkow said:

I would like to ask the same question.

I installed cIOSCorp to play CSI: Deadly Intent and the frame rate was horrible.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
tattar8 said:
gameking66 said:
Szalkow said:

the frame rate was horrible.
>Implying that cIOSCorp had something to do with it.

QUOTE(tattar8 @ Apr 22 2010, 12:05 AM)
A handful of games need patches and some don't even work. cIOSCorp has had problems with only 2 games.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameking66 said:
harmor said:
tattar8 said:
gameking66 said:
Szalkow said:

the frame rate was horrible.
>Implying that cIOSCorp had something to do with it.
No but with or without cIOSCorp discs run at a slower speed (3x I believe) compared to USB Loaders which run at 6x.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By virtue of DVD drive read speeds, USB loading is faster than cIOSCORP and even untouched Wii disc drives. When was the last time you played Metroid Prime 3 with virtually no door lag from a disc?

cIOSCORP/cIOS disc loading: 3x read
Native disc, w/ or w/o modchip: 6x read
USB: USB2 transfer limit (up to ~12x)

As for changing settings - it's a toggle switch in whatever USB loader you use. It takes me less time to install a game to my WBFS partition, change the settings in WiiFlow, and create a Loadstructor/Crap channel loader (about ten minutes total) than it ever did to burn and verify a DVD at 2x write speed (20mins).

I think I'll take higher play speeds, simple and clean GUI, no disc swapping, and speedy installation over a small improvement in ease of use.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I was considering it, and I know how, but I just wondered how many of you guys have it. Anyone?

In case you don't know, it lets you run disks directly through the Disc Channel.
use it but make a NAND backup first to be on the safe side

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameking66 said:
tattar8 said:
A handful of games need patches and some don't even work. cIOSCorp has had problems with only 2 games.
So about 2 games not working makes USB loading inferior when it improves about 2000?
blink.gif
blink.gif

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
gameking66 said:
tattar8 said:
So about 2 games not working makes USB loading inferior when it improves about 2000?
blink.gif
blink.gif
>Implying that anyone would play 2000 games.

cIOSCorp is only slow for loading screens, the gameplay is more compatible overall.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey2 FTW
yaywii.gif

simple ui...? What's more simple then clicking on the disc channel and clicking "start"?

speed (=lag) is the ONLY advantage of USB loading. The only time that ever bothered me was in intro videos (like SSBB). But With the Wiikey2, I get all the speed and use the disk channel.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm too lazy to get a USB drive (
mad.gif
no NTFS support), so I use cIOScorp to play my games. Haven't touched my Wii in a while, so I haven't updated to DARKcorp yet.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have had chip i installed in my wii when wiiclip was out , but the chip on it wasnt upgradable , so when i tried to find the patch for nsmb , i found about darkcorp (i think it was cioscorp before? ) and every game have been working since then : D!

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use usb because I don't have to buy 50 disks to play at half the normal read speed of a wii game. I also like choosing a game in cfg loader or usb gx with point and click.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
simple ui...? What's more simple then clicking on the disc channel and clicking "start"?
That's why Loadstructor/Crap forwarders are awesome. I fire up WiiFlow or whatever to view my full list of games, but I have my favorites (about two pages worth) as channels. It's the same as if it were the disc channel (faster, even, since it doesn't have to queue the disc) and requires no disc swapping. Also, what could be easier for guests than "click the channel of the game you want"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY