Hacking DARKCORP 1.1 restarting wii??

codmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright,i had cIOScorp on a 4.0u wii,loved it,updated my wii with modmii to 4.2u,then i installed DARKCORP 1.1,when everytime i install darkcorp,it gets stuck on installing and restarts the wii
how can i fix that???

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to use darkcorp, and you are bound to run into problems when using it. My advice to you would be to uninstall darkcorp and use ModMii to reinstall/update your IOS files.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
There is no reason to use darkcorp, and you are bound to run into problems when using it. My advice to you would be to uninstall darkcorp and use ModMii to reinstall/update your IOS files.
That is simply not true, darkcorp is not going to cause any issues.

Replace sd:\apps\darkcorp\boot.dol
with this-
DARKCORP_v1.11_Installer.dol
Rename it to boot.dol, it has that reset bug fixed.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see why people say darkcorp is so problematic. It's come a long way from it's roots as CIOSCORP Yes then it was an unstable useless piece of junk but in recent days I find it to be very effectively figured out. The only reason to avoid darkcorp is the risk of a brick.

codmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plz help,when i use the .dol file and rename it to boo.dol,put it instead of the normal boot.dol i opened it up with my wii in HBC and it says no XML file found or something like that

pllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help i want darkcop soooooo bad!!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
DARKCORP by itself shouldn't cause bricks. It can conflict with other apps though (eg Priiloader).

Actually the only problem With DARKCORP is that it overwrites the system menu IOS's. I don't forsee any chance of the priiloader app having trouble as the app works perfectly fine under modded IOS on my system. I simply choose not to use it because its really just didn't work that well at least didn't back when I had it installed. mind you thats back when they were releasing .29 preloader mods... and priiloader first came out.

Z

Zorua

JackWitherell said:
mauifrog said:
You need all the files from the 1.1 installer pack.

Bump

What if we already do and it says the message: Exception -1 The specified xml file not found!

I have the exact same problem. Put everything from v1.1 on the SD but the problem still persists.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DARKCORP is out-of-date nowadays... are you using a SDHC card?
If so, maybe trying an ordinary non-HC SD Card (usually 2GB or lower in capacity), and see if the installer can read the config.xml from it.

Z

Zorua

damysteryman said:
DARKCORP is out-of-date nowadays... are you using a SDHC card?
If so, maybe trying an ordinary non-HC SD Card (usually 2GB or lower in capacity), and see if the installer can read the config.xml from it.
It reads it if I don't use the boot.dol but then it has the restart problem. Also, I am using a non SDHC card.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe try this .dol file?
DARKCORP v1.1 Installer .dol with restart bug fixed

It should at least tell you what error you are getting...

And make sure there is a config.xml at SD:\DARKCORP-v1.1\config.xml
Maybe try this config.xml?

...and it should hopefully work for you. But keep in mind I have not needed to run the DARKCORP Installer for a long time myself, so I am only going by memory here...

If you are still getting "Exception -1 The specified xml file not found!" after using both that fixed .dol along with that config.xml at SD:\DARKCORP-v1.1\config.xml on a regular non-SDHC card... then I cannot think of any other reasons why it would to that. (I do not think there would be specific SD card incompatibilities, but who knows, there could be ones that are not compatible.)

If you are getting a different error though, then tell me which error it is.

Z

Zorua

damysteryman said:
Maybe try this .dol file?
DARKCORP v1.1 Installer .dol with restart bug fixed

It should at least tell you what error you are getting...

And make sure there is a config.xml at SD:\DARKCORP-v1.1\config.xml
Maybe try this config.xml?

...and it should hopefully work for you. But keep in mind I have not needed to run the DARKCORP Installer for a long time myself, so I am only going by memory here...

If you are still getting "Exception -1 The specified xml file not found!" after using both that fixed .dol along with that config.xml at SD:\DARKCORP-v1.1\config.xml on a regular non-SDHC card... then I cannot think of any other reasons why it would to that. (I do not think there would be specific SD card incompatibilities, but who knows, there could be ones that are not compatible.)

If you are getting a different error though, then tell me which error it is.
Yes, I'm getting the error which you mentioned, "Exception -1 The specified xml file not found!". I did copy both but it's still there.
frown.gif

I'm using the SD which you get with the 3DS. Currently formatting the card, will let you know the results.
Also, I have a black wii and it came bundled with wii sports resort and wii sports. It came with 4.3e. I bought it from the UK in July.
Is it possible that my wii has one of those new chips which don't support DVDs?
Oh also, if I try running anything other than the virgin wii method using your 1.1 full version, it looks for IOS249 and it causes my TV to loose signal. Looks like it crashes at that time.
Even using the virgin wii method, it goes to installing title 75% and then reboots.

EDIT: Tried formatting but it's still not working. Looks like there's something wrong with your modified boot.dol.
Three others here in this thread have also complained of the same problem so looks like it's not just me.....

EDIT 2: Ok, I just tried the full version. Same problem. Looks like there's something wrong with your boot.dol.

EDIT 3: DAMN IT. IT SAYS THAT MY DRIVE IS TOO NEW FOR DVD -Rs. [/rage]
Hmm does this mean that it can read DVD +R??
Please check it.
Thanks.
smile.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Yes, I'm getting the error which you mentioned, "Exception -1 The specified xml file not found!". I did copy both but it's still there.
frown.gif

I'm using the SD which you get with the 3DS. Currently formatting the card, will let you know the results.
Also, I have a black wii and it came bundled with wii sports resort and wii sports. It came with 4.3e. I bought it from the UK in July.
Is it possible that my wii has one of those new chips which don't support DVDs?
Oh also, if I try running anything other than the virgin wii method using your 1.1 full version, it looks for IOS249 and it causes my TV to loose signal. Looks like it crashes at that time.
Even using the virgin wii method, it goes to installing title 75% and then reboots.

EDIT: Tried formatting but it's still not working. Looks like there's something wrong with your modified boot.dol.
Three others here in this thread have also complained of the same problem so looks like it's not just me.....

EDIT 2: Ok, I just tried the full version. Same problem. Looks like there's something wrong with your boot.dol.

EDIT 3: DAMN IT. IT SAYS THAT MY DRIVE IS TOO NEW FOR DVD -Rs. [/rage]
Hmm does this mean that it can read DVD +R??
Please check it.
Thanks.
smile.gif
It means DarkCorp and all backup disc loaders are of no use to you. Your Wii can only play official discs. You can still use a USB loader (I recommend Cfg).

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I don't understand why people still use DARKCORP when they can simply force system menu and games to use IOS249 using Priiloader without messing up their system...

I never knew that you could use priiloader to specify which IOS to use for system menu.
I used priiloader to loader IOS249 like you said and now all of my newer games that gave me read error on boot-up have no errors(except for Kirby Wii).
This is a very useful post.
The only problem I have now is that the Wii only rarely recognizes that I inserted Metroid Other M. Does the Wii have problem reading DVD+R DL or something?
My smash brothers game works without problem.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I never knew that you could use priiloader to specify which IOS to use for system menu.
I used priiloader to loader IOS249 like you said and now all of my newer games that gave me read error on boot-up have no errors(except for Kirby Wii).
This is a very useful post.
The only problem I have now is that the Wii only rarely recognizes that I inserted Metroid Other M. Does the Wii have problem reading DVD+R DL or something?
My smash brothers game works without problem.

DVD+R DL works with modchips, I don't think it works very well with softmods. My Wii won't read dual layer discs reliably anymore, a lot of legit users had this problem when Smash Bros first came out so it's not exactly uncommon. People had to send their Wiis in to Nintendo to get the laser "cleaned" ;)
Kirby Wii has some weird anti-piracy checks AFAIK.
USB loaders are the way to go nowadays anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol