Dark_AleX announces 1.50 kernel for PSP Slim!

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by The Teej, Feb 4, 2008.

1. The Teej
    OP

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    Dark AleX's Time Machine: install 1.50 kernel on your PSP Slim

Sony PlayStation Portable homebrew developer Dark AleX has certainly contributed a lot to the handheld homebrew scene, and his latest project is certainly looking to be quite the contribution indeed. Introducing the Time Machine, a handy app that installs the 1.50 kernel onto your PSP Slim. Yes, that's what it does, and there's a video to prove it, too!

Of course, installing the 1.50 kernel onto your PSP Slim may not be the only thing it does, as Mathieulh has revealed that Time Machine is still a work in progress, and is not yet the final product. We're certainly curious ourselves as to what else Time Machine can do, but until we get more info about it, we'll just have to let this video of it in action tide us over. Enjoy!

Source: PSP Updates

2. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    You're a *few* days late on this one [​IMG] Everyone already following the PSP scene knows this [​IMG]

Nice gesture though for those who live under that rock!

3. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    this was the last thing stopping me from getting a slim.

4. Spikey

Spikey Your Special Someone

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    For a second there I got excited thinking it was actually released. Damn you!

5. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    I was too busy having sex.

6. VVoltz

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    Hell yea!!!!!, that guy is a machine!!!, I tell you a frikin machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bring on the Time Machine!

7. Jay Boy

Jay Boy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2002
    Canada
    Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does this thing do? It downgrades to 1.50 which allows...?

I haven't received my psp yet >.

8. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    Apparently it allows you to install 1.50 firmware on a psp slim, which wasnt possible before. Basically you will now be able to use older homebrew that has not been updated for 3.x psp firmware.

9. linkinkid

linkinkid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2008
    United States
    Miami,Fl
    i know this is cool and everything, but aren't now all the cool homebrew apps coded to work on slim too?i have snes0.42tylME,daedalusr14 psptube,and gpSpkai3.87 all working fine in my slim,i'm sorry for my ignorance but what else could we want?(that doesn't already works on slim)

10. Spikey

Spikey Your Special Someone

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    Even of homebrew that works on later firmwares, most homebrew runs BETTER on kernal 1.5, including snes9xTYL. Then there are also people who enjoy homebrew that has not yet been ported to work on later versions. So basically, 1.5 kernel on a slim will yield 100% compatibility with homebrew for the PSP Slim.

11. paul1991

paul1991 Banned

Banned
    May 5, 2007
    United States
    This may be a topic for another thread, but I have a question.

The Custom Firmwares for the phat are really just modified verison of 1.5 kernel with the features of the real latest psp FW. Right?

What is the lite FW based on? Could the lite FW have been created if not for pandora?

12. HyoImowano

HyoImowano GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2007
    United States
    I have no idea what you're talking about when you talk about "lite" firmwares.

The Custom Firmwares are modified versions of that firmware (i.e. 3.71, 3.80, 3.90 etc.) that allow you to boot ISOs from the memory stick as well as launch homebrew designed for 3.xx kernel.

13. linkinkid

linkinkid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2008
    United States
    Miami,Fl
    i believe he refers to the firmware for the psp slim as "lite"

14. HyoImowano

HyoImowano GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2007
    United States
    oic [​IMG]