Hacking Homebrew Dark_AleX announces 1.50 kernel for PSP Slim!

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Dark AleX's Time Machine: install 1.50 kernel on your PSP Slim

Sony PlayStation Portable homebrew developer Dark AleX has certainly contributed a lot to the handheld homebrew scene, and his latest project is certainly looking to be quite the contribution indeed. Introducing the Time Machine, a handy app that installs the 1.50 kernel onto your PSP Slim. Yes, that's what it does, and there's a video to prove it, too!

Of course, installing the 1.50 kernel onto your PSP Slim may not be the only thing it does, as Mathieulh has revealed that Time Machine is still a work in progress, and is not yet the final product. We're certainly curious ourselves as to what else Time Machine can do, but until we get more info about it, we'll just have to let this video of it in action tide us over. Enjoy!

Source: PSP Updates

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
You're a *few* days late on this one
smile.gif
Everyone already following the PSP scene knows this
tongue.gif

Nice gesture though for those who live under that rock!

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Hell yea!!!!!, that guy is a machine!!!, I tell you a frikin machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring on the Time Machine!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it allows you to install 1.50 firmware on a psp slim, which wasnt possible before. Basically you will now be able to use older homebrew that has not been updated for 3.x psp firmware.

linkinkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is cool and everything, but aren't now all the cool homebrew apps coded to work on slim too?i have snes0.42tylME,daedalusr14 psptube,and gpSpkai3.87 all working fine in my slim,i'm sorry for my ignorance but what else could we want?(that doesn't already works on slim)

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is cool and everything, but aren't now all the cool homebrew apps coded to work on slim too?i have snes0.42tylME,daedalusr14 psptube,and gpSpkai3.87 all working fine in my slim,i'm sorry for my ignorance but what else could we want?(that doesn't already works on slim)
Even of homebrew that works on later firmwares, most homebrew runs BETTER on kernal 1.5, including snes9xTYL. Then there are also people who enjoy homebrew that has not yet been ported to work on later versions. So basically, 1.5 kernel on a slim will yield 100% compatibility with homebrew for the PSP Slim.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a topic for another thread, but I have a question.

The Custom Firmwares for the phat are really just modified verison of 1.5 kernel with the features of the real latest psp FW. Right?

What is the lite FW based on? Could the lite FW have been created if not for pandora?

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what you're talking about when you talk about "lite" firmwares.

The Custom Firmwares are modified versions of that firmware (i.e. 3.71, 3.80, 3.90 etc.) that allow you to boot ISOs from the memory stick as well as launch homebrew designed for 3.xx kernel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉