ROM Hack RELEASE Dark Souls Ascension Mod (RPG) - Switch Version

D

Deleted User

No, unfortunately models and textures aren't possible.
Not asking for an ETA, is it being worked on? I want more mods on the switch since it's portable, playing on PC is great but I can't bring my PC with me to other places.

maxx488

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not asking for an ETA, is it being worked on? I want more mods on the switch since it's portable, playing on PC is great but I can't bring my PC with me to other places.
I might do more research about it when I get the time but you can ask on the souls modding discord. There are lots of pro modders there with much more knowledge than me.

Veroniica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately it's not possible to port new textures made for PC to be used on Nintendo Switch because of differences in API for rendering vector graphics and so on... So, there won't be any new texture models ported from PC to Nintendo Switch, unless access to internal tools for making textures used by the studio which ported the game to Switch, Singaporean studio Virtuos, are published. This is very evident with the fact that DS Remastered was ported by the Polish studio QLOC for all platforms except the Nintendo Switch.

@maxx488, looking forward to an updated version of your awesome DS Ascension port! :)

Last edited by Veroniica,
Reactions: maxx488

faloppa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi:

First of all thanks for this amazing job, very well done!

I have an issue.

I put all 4 archives from 8.1 in my atmosphere/title/01004AB00A260000/romfs directory and, when I run the game, it works fine but, not character creation menu. I start with original classes and weapons so, it's imposible without new weapons for new classes.

How can I solve this? It's strange that all enemies and difficult works but the character creation menu not.

Thanks for your future help @maxx488

maxx488

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi:

First of all thanks for this amazing job, very well done!

I have an issue.

I put all 4 archives from 8.1 in my atmosphere/title/01004AB00A260000/romfs directory and, when I run the game, it works fine but, not character creation menu. I start with original classes and weapons so, it's imposible without new weapons for new classes.

How can I solve this? It's strange that all enemies and difficult works but the character creation menu not.

Thanks for your future help @maxx488
Hmm thats wierd.. Just tested it and everything works fine. I've heard atmosphere's layeredFS folder name changed tho, maybe thats the problem. If not try downloading the hq sound file for the ascended version (The one you have) so you don't have to download 4gb again and replace the file.

Also the mod does not show you the gear in creation menu, just shows you class's and rings's names, thats normal

Last edited by maxx488,

Paradis3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing, thank you for the port. I see alot of files on nexus, do i just get the 8.1 or download the update file and optional file also?

maxx488

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is amazing, thank you for the port. I see alot of files on nexus, do i just get the 8.1 or download the update file and optional file also?
The fix patch is for the 5.1 ASCENSION.
ASCENDED does not require any patch but you can download the HQ audio optional file if you want.

I keep both versions because past 5.1 the mod was renamed and changed lots of core mechanics. So everyone can choose whichever they want.
I personally think ASCENSION is the hardest.

actually the original mod is in v12.1
u will updated the port or isnt possible?
I'll see if I have time to do it this week.

Reactions: Paradis3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX