Damaging My DSi?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by nadoon, Oct 14, 2009.

Oct 14, 2009

Damaging My DSi? by nadoon at 8:10 AM (792 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Please don't tell me it's the wrong topic section, I couldn't find the right one. Anyways, I have a question. I ordered this DSi case from dealextreme. Purple DSi Case And it was really difficult putting it on. It has no buttons, swivels or anything you just have to squeeze the DSi in. When I sometimes take it off, there's white powder all over my DSi, And recently, It god a few scratches from UNDER the case?? Anyway, do you think this case is damaging my DSi? Do you think I should get this one? This one

2. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    i don't have any experience with dsi cases but i know with my crystal clear ds case, you have to clean it regularly otherwise it scratches the shell. i thought it was doing damage so i took it off. i dropped it a day later and have major scratchage on it now.

my advice? buy one and try it out. if its a real one, i doubt it would cause troubles seeming as its hori and they make very good accessories. the only problem is fakes. if it doesn't work out, i suggest a soft puch. its nice for keeping out dust and preventing scratches when you leave it in your pocket.

3. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Its god AND/OR another deity/thing/s punishing you for getting a DSi.

Dealextreme is notorious for selling shit, and taking ages to deliver it. My advice is to get whatever it is you want from a reputable dealer, that doesn't brand fakes as the real thing.

4. C175R

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    mmm i have the same one. but I bought it on ebay for 16cents [​IMG] but I never had any problems [​IMG]
    and just to let you know, the red one is silicone case. not hard case as the purple one. [​IMG]

5. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates

I know that, I want it silicone to avoid it from scratching my DSi.

6. Christopher8827

Member Christopher8827 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I have a silicon case - its okay but the pieces that holds itself on the DSi makes the lid shut not tightly. When I dropped my DSi with the case on, the lid flopped open.

7. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    So are silicon cases bad? Because I'd rather get a silicone case since no way something that squishy would scratch the DSi.