Homebrew Daggerfall for the 3DS?

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought I read awile ago, someone was working on a marrowind port,, hell they have ported quake 2, hexen 2, doom, and even halo,, so why not daggerfall

Reactions: Quantumcat

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i thought I read awile ago, someone was working on a marrowind port,, hell they have ported quake 2, hexen 2, doom, and even halo,, so why not daggerfall

Well the problem is that all these shooters (except for Halo, but I think the 3DS "port" was only a homebrew game) are open source. AFAIK, Daggerfall is not.

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The BEST try is Daggerfall Unity, port it over to Unity for 3DS and compile it. HOWEVER, know that the engine limitations (loading from sdcard, has a character limit) are the only real problem.

Besides that I see no possible way, cause nobody wants to work with raw data how DaggerXL (or XL Engine for that matter) does. If it worked on the normal DS (using DSx86 was it?) your hopes is to use the DSi Homebrew loader (look at boot9strap, replace the boot.nds with the homebrew boot.nds) and see if it works. Of course, you know the cons of this :^) Lower res, and emulator stuff.

I've been trying the same with Fallout.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu