Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
daedalus-banner.jpg

"Woot for progress! For the past couple of days, all we've been hearing from the DaedalusX64 team were updates and partial changelogs. Time to change all that with some concrete evidence. Shinydude100 has announced that they've finally managed to compile their first alpha build for DaedalusX64! Congrats to Captain Morgan, shinydude100, Kreationz, Moers, and Wally!

For now, shinydude100 has only managed to check a few games if they worked or not. He says that though the alpha build isn't at full speed yet, the general FPS speed has increased. It seems he even had quite a good run on Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!

Certain games have dramatic speed-increases that are sustained in certain spots like main menus and logos. I almost screamed when I saw the Nintendo Logo on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time run for like a good second at 129 FPS. Then of course it dropped down, but the menu before initiating game-play ran at about 55-60 Frames per second. The area of the game where Link walks out of his house to be greeted by Sarah, that seemed to run at about 8 Fps Average, but it goes up and down, the Z target makes it jump up to 9 FPS and running around drops it to a 6.8 to 7.. Each PSP may run this differently due to: If your psp is at 333 Mhz, if your options are set the same way I have mine, etc.

Of course, this being an alpha version, it doesn't get released to the public. As Kreationz said in the previous post, the first public beta (yes, beta) will come out around early December.

DaedalusX64 - Image 7Be that as it may, we get a special treat from the DaedalusX64 team. They're letting us in on the progress - visually! Chilly Willy has posted a couple of screens of Mario 64 running on his TV with the following message:

Just a teaser for those of you not a dev.

Screenshots of Mario64 running on my TV. The aspect ratio in the pictures looks off, but remember these are a shots of an NTSC TV. I have it set for no overscan. Oh - fixed the screenshot function too. It was dumping the screen after one update when it needed to be dumping after two updates. Now you actually get an image instead of a blank screen. "

Source + tons of pictures!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it only for PSP 2000's? 'cause I remember something about PSP Phat having less RAM or something? Er no idea. I have a PSP Phat so I'm just wondering if PSP Phat can handle it.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyintheSea said:
All PSP's have the same amount of ram. You gotta overclock them to 333mhz. (Full speed)

Please, don't type anymore.
lecture.gif

The PSP slim has more RAM than the phat (this is common knowledge). You don't have to overclock anything. With custom firmware you can simply tell your PSP to run games at 333 mhz.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
m3rox said:
SkyintheSea said:
All PSP's have the same amount of ram. You gotta overclock them to 333mhz. (Full speed)

lecture.gif

The PSP slim has more RAM than the phat (this is common knowledge). You don't have to overclock anything. With custom firmware you can simply tell your PSP to run games at 333 mhz.
that is called overclocking.
for the psp standard speed is 222mhz, so making it run at 333 is overclocking(tough that speed is well within the safe regions of overclocking)

Akiranon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thedicemaster said:
m3rox said:
SkyintheSea said:

lecture.gif

that is called overclocking.
for the psp standard speed is 222mhz, so making it run at 333 is overclocking(tough that speed is well within the safe regions of overclocking)
It's not really overclocked. 333mhz is the PSP's native speed. Sony underclocked it to 222 to save battery life.
tongue.gif

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Um... The Slim is said to have 64MB of RAM while the Phat has only 32MB...

Just thought I would put the actual numbers out there.

And this sounds pretty sweet!! Just think, if it gets good enough, a portable Smash Bros would be created!!

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been following this since the news broke out and I really hope they do a good job of it. To be able to play OOT (my favourite game ever) on my PSP would just rock!!!

I think I remember reading that shinydude100 only has a Phat and that Phat's are his priority and when someone asked if he would make it Slim compatible he said he will do his best. I also think, when someone asked about the Slim's extra RAM, he said they might try and do something with it but the extra RAM is not that useful for what they are doing.

Oh and as for Sarah, he must have meant Saria (if that's spelt right
tongue.gif
)

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
thedicemaster said:
No, the PSP standrd speed is variable - it runs at 222 but games increase this on the fly as and when needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc