BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The football sized asteroid DA14 is expected to pass under the orbits of geosynchronous satellites, but miss earth today or tomorrow ( I can't remember when).

But earlier this morning, Chelyabinsk, a Russian city of about a million people, was rained down upon by the heavens. Another space rock exploded in the atmosphere before touching down and doing more damage than it did by disintegrating in the skies. A few hundred were hurt and a roof of a zinc factory collapsed, but so far, no deaths reported.

Videos for your entertainment.

This one shows that its predawn, meaning the skies were clear and you could see the explosion from far far away.

This one you can hear the windows and car alarms haha

And finally. People in the office dicking around till the blast throws one across the room.

:arrow: Source: Io9

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just hope the Russians don't think those were missiles.

Maybe it's time for Russia to reconsider dismantling the automated nuclear retaliation system that they have in place? One wrong meteorite, and we're looking at WW3.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ah...oomsday-machine-ready-action/story?id=8757004

When triggered by an elaborate system of sensors placed around Russia, the program was designed to launch a fleet of missiles at major targets across the U.S. Some experts estimate that a Russian counter-strike could have killed more than one hundred million Americans.

Russian cold war technology != robust and failsafe.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's time for Russia to reconsider dismantling the automated nuclear retaliation system that they have in place? One wrong meteorite, and we're looking at WW3.

Wait, so Russia copied their retaliation system from Dr. Strangelove? They do know how that movie ends, right?

Personally, I blame Cloud Strife, the no-good ruffian.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
even space blames communism. capitalism for the win.

if Russia didn't have so much oil it wouldn't be shit.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
IiFH1BA.jpg

Reactions: ferofax

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies