D2B cut pins, which WiiClip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by elsocplayer, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008

D2B cut pins, which WiiClip by elsocplayer at 4:46 AM (2,890 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. elsocplayer
    OP

Newcomer elsocplayer Member

United States
    So I was gonna get a chip with the clip installation today. Unfortunately the guy only had chips that would work for other wii chips except for the D2B with the cut pins. I've been searching around and came to a decision to buy the wasabi v3 with v5 wiiclip or the D2PRO9 with WiiClip v4C. Which ones do guys think is the easiest and safest to work with? and secondly which stores do you recommend to buy from in U.S.A?

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    D2Pro - it'll be totally solderless.

Wasabi v3 can be solderless if you use a wiiclip v5b (ie, the d2sun version) - but it is a bit tricky.

The Wiikey v2 is a good option as well (and a bit cheaper). Just make sure you are clear with the buyer that you have a D2B so they can only solder the points that are needed for it.

It's worth noting that there are no points on the legs which need to be soldered for D2B - so it is a fairly easy job and may be worth just doing a wired install.

Modchip central are OK - or maybe go with OzModChips. The Australian dollar has recently taken a thrashing in the last few weeks - (ie, nearly $1 us to 60c US!), so with the exchange rate in mind, you might get a bargain buying from him.

3. elsocplayer
    OP

United States
    Ok thanx for the very well explained answer. But I do have one more question since you brought it up, how reliable is the Wiikey v2? Do they sell it with the clip?

4. ModchipCentral

Member ModchipCentral GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    We have installed many of the Wiikey2 with no issues currently.

We sell it with the V4C Wiiclip as well. www.ModchipCentral.com [​IMG]

5. elsocplayer
    OP

United States
    Alright sounds good. I was checking for it and I emailed you guys about the one I saw in your website but you pretty much already answered that emailed for me. Thanx :-).
    One last question and sorry to be such bother, I updated to the new 3.3 last week, would that cause any problem as far as compatability with the chip?

6. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nope... just that you can't use discs that are Trucha Signed.

7. elsocplayer
    OP

United States
    Alright, thanx a bunch guys. I think I'm gonna go with the wiikey2.