Hacking cyclods is fake!

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i don't know if this has been reported but i hate to brake it to you... cycloDS is a fake card!!! i even have proof: proof

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, what they are saying is, the people who make fake SuperCards, are now making fake CycloDS carts.

Learn to real badly translated Chinese
tongue.gif

Basically, what the fake makers have done is re-badge their fake slot-2 SuperCards with the CycloDS logo, by the looks of things.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Man, you nearly gave me a heart attack...I just ordered a CycloDS Evolution yesterday
ph34r.gif

(whoopee, it's been almost a year and a half since my old DS Lite + Supercard Lite were stolen
glare.gif
)

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
thebobevil said:
No, what they are saying is, the people who make fake SuperCards, are now making fake CycloDS carts.

tongue.gif

Basically, what the fake makers have done is re-badge their fake slot-2 SuperCards with the CycloDS logo, by the looks of things.
Actually, that's not a fake CycloDS, SuperCard means this: http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...l?page=products
See MiniSD and MicroSD? These are clones of SuperCards...

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Extreme Coder said:
thebobevil said:

tongue.gif

Actually, that's not a fake CycloDS, SuperCard means this: http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...l?page=products
See MiniSD and MicroSD? These are clones of SuperCards...

Ah, okay ... I must be the only CycloDS owner who does not haunt the Team CYclop site lol.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:

tongue.gif

Actually, SuperCard is accusing the Cyclops team of cloning their SLOT-2 cards, which they actually did. The CycloDS mini and micro versions are actually clones of SuperCard products, even using the same menus. This is a very old issue though.

So the OP is actually correct, he's just beating a very, very dead horse.

The CycloDS Evo (Slot-1), is not a clone, and SuperCard has never alleged that it was.

[Edit] Ninja-scooped once again.
ph34r.gif
I type too f*cking slow.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think you even could change the firmware on slot 2 CycloDS to slot 2 Supercard firmware and then they actually worked better
biggrin.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ExDee said:
Rawfl. There are like numerous threads of these. SuperCard is just trying to make profit. Even though CycloDS is better than them
What this means? SuperCard is NOT trying to make profit. It's just trying to defend its intellectual property, because we are talking about Slot-2 CycloDS, which Team Cyclops sold them as theirs, which are Slot-2 SC clones.

And the SCDS One is a GREAT card which can stand without problem to the CycloDS Evo, and in my humble opinion it's EVEN better.

I'm getting tired of all those CycloDS Evo fanboys out there, bashing SCDS One for no reason at all.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, old news from a year ago. All the Slot-2 CycloDS carts are fake Supercards. However, the CycloDS Evo and the CycloWiz are their own, genuine products.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I knew this over 6 monthes ago, but OP, at least say that CycloDS slot-2, instead of just saying CycloDS, because that includes the CycloDS evolution, which is not a clone off of Supercard DS1. All the Slot-2 carts are clones, but not the CycloDS Evolution.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ojsinnerz said:
The OP, is a noob, without a doubt. I knew this 6 monthes BEFORE i got my supercard.... And CycloDS is not a fucking fake. Cyclo Slot-2 are. Idort
The CycloDS IS a clone. CycloDS Evolution is not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: