Hacking CycloDS for DSi?

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
TheWorldEndsWithMe said:
That's a really good news!
i hope they change something from the original cyclo and make a new firmware
even thought the firmware that they have right now is great, but it's time for the team cyclops to make some changes!!!
A firmware in a modern style and a firmware that can be better than m3 sakura. and some more features

Ok i was being greedy but it's my hope!!!!

Team Cyclops will continue to produce firmware releases for the CycloDS... you mean a new GUI?

Any changes you want to be made to the CycloDS, should be suggested on the forums. See here: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered one today to replace my DSTT. From what I've seen and according to almost everyone on GBATemp, it's worth the money

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
leiger said:
DeMoN said:
The fact that they're working on it was obvious.
The real question is what new features will it have that will set it apart from the countless other DSi flash carts. I'm hopeful for DSi mode hacked, but it seems like it's a huge challenge even for Team Cyclops
If they release a flash cart with nothing new (I mean, even the R4i has RTS now), then I don't see a reason to buy their flash cart.

Well TC has managed to support DSi-enhanced games on the Nintendo DS. My understanding is that no other flashcart has this yet? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Naturally, that support will carry across to the DSi flashcart and as a bare minimum, DSi-enhanced games will run. Just not sure whether the DSi portion will be unlocked or not, and whether DSi-exclusive games will be supported.

They were the last team to support them AKAIO was the first.

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
leiger said:
DeMoN said:
The fact that they're working on it was obvious.
The real question is what new features will it have that will set it apart from the countless other DSi flash carts. I'm hopeful for DSi mode hacked, but it seems like it's a huge challenge even for Team Cyclops
If they release a flash cart with nothing new (I mean, even the R4i has RTS now), then I don't see a reason to buy their flash cart.

Well TC has managed to support DSi-enhanced games on the Nintendo DS. My understanding is that no other flashcart has this yet? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Naturally, that support will carry across to the DSi flashcart and as a bare minimum, DSi-enhanced games will run. Just not sure whether the DSi portion will be unlocked or not, and whether DSi-exclusive games will be supported.

They were the last team to support them AKAIO was the first.

DSone work on Hardware emu mode.
AK+, AKRPG, NCARD etc............ work fine!

who is first one? who care?

Q:who first Public release ?
A:CycloDS & EDGE DS, but who care.

Who care?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why does everyone here think that Team Cyclops are more skilled than anyone, included Team Twiizers?

If TT still has to break DSi-Mode, I don't see TC doing it... It's not like they're gods amongst hackers/programmers.
They just put togheter a lot of features the other cards already had, tweaked them a bit, and completed it with a nice GUI. That's all.

They haven't even made breakthrus or something. In-Game Guide was made by SC Team a lot before Team Cyclops, and the same goes for RTS.

It'll be eventually out, but don't expect any uber-stellar magic superfeaturez for it
wink.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Why does everyone here think that Team Cyclops are more skilled than anyone, included Team Twiizers?

If TT still has to break DSi-Mode, I don't see TC doing it... It's not like they're gods amongst hackers/programmers.
They just put togheter a lot of features the other cards already had, tweaked them a bit, and completed it with a nice GUI. That's all.

They haven't even made breakthrus or something. In-Game Guide was made by SC Team a lot before Team Cyclops, and the same goes for RTS.

It'll be eventually out, but don't expect any uber-stellar magic superfeaturez for it
wink.gif

+1
even though they did bring out a good cart it doesn't mean they will bring out the best cart for dsi, i mean wtf!! could they bring to the flash cart market that doesn't already exist ???

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:

wink.gif
Im fairly sure the cyclods was the first card with proper auto dldi for homebrew. Also first sdhc card (not that its much of a "breakthrough".

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
welll it seems as though tc is waiting for team twiizers to crack dsi mode, so no people are NOT suggesting they are better than tt as raulpica said. also too many people are talking about "dsi exclusive games" this will NOT happen to my knowledge. there will be dsi shop games (not full ones...) and games that work for dsl/dsphat but have special features only accessible through the dsi (camera, etc.)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sir-Fritz said:
raulpica said:

wink.gif

Im fairly sure the cyclods was the first card with proper auto dldi for homebrew. Also first sdhc card (not that its much of a "breakthrough".

IIRC, Auto-DLDI was firstly supported by the R4 and M3 Simply
tongue.gif

About the SDHC feature, you might be right there, but it's not that difficult to add (just see the loads of R4 clones which added it)
tongue.gif

QUOTE(baffle-boy @ Aug 30 2009, 08:34 AM)
welll it seems as though tc is waiting for team twiizers to crack dsi mode, so no people are NOT suggesting they are better than tt as raulpica said. also too many people are talking about "dsi exclusive games" this will NOT happen to my knowledge. there will be dsi shop games (not full ones...) and games that work for dsl/dsphat but have special features only accessible through the dsi (camera, etc.)
If TT cracks DSi mode, I have the impression that FlashCards will have little to do it with, a lot like Homebrew on Wii has nothing to do with modchips.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The day dsi mode gets cracked by non flashcart teams is a sad day for all flashcart producers.

And they might kinda be like the modchips of the DSi making things easier for people but it's still probably better to softmod your DSi (I'm hoping that TT if and when they get to the point for homebrew channel they will wait to release it and try and work on a bootmii type app for the DSi).

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
ShatteredScreens said:
You guys do know Team Twiizers already have an exploit?

Check my signature
tongue.gif

Since I used to be a regular on the efnet IRC alot (I should probably start getting back on there they may miss me lol) I got alot of news first (even got to test the new Brawl exploit).
Oh, yeah
tongue.gif

I knew that. I was just testing everyone else
smile.gif

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm. How possible would it be to make something like the PSP where the games and firmware run off the SD, or another object that fits on the SD slot of the DSi?

I know nothing about this stuff, so you know, be nice if I'm compleeetely off. haha

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
denieru7 said:
Hm. How possible would it be to make something like the PSP where the games and firmware run off the SD, or another object that fits on the SD slot of the DSi?

I know nothing about this stuff, so you know, be nice if I'm compleeetely off. haha

It'll be a little harder than the PSP.

See PSP custom firmware got everything handed to them because the PSP was meant to run homebrew + ISOs off the memory card and can natively play PS1 games it just took a little tweaking to get it working.

It'll take a bit longer with the DSi, and we first need DSi Mode unlocked (I.E. homebrew channel) then we need wanni to make a cios for the Dsi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: