CycloDS Evolution download play update

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if there's any DS linker that supports Yoshi Touch & go download play...
they seem to have a very special type of protection; for some reason the rom successfully starts on the remote DS, but you can't actually get in-game (freezes after the 3..2..1...)
It may be that just that game isn't dumped 100% correctly perhaps? Seems like it just may be a bad dump, and considering that game is so old, and dumping methods have been refined since then that the game may require a redump.

Although it could be what I said is 100% false! And just maybe, for some reason, there's lots of extra protection after all...
wacko.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this deserved to be on the frontpage, namely because i just like to see change, but also because i doubt team cyclo would be quick to post their findings anywhere else so at least theres some truth out there!!

nice work on shaunj for recommending the games to test, still gotta love the fact that this solution got 17/18 games, thats very promising
biggrin.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashing your own DS never helped anyway, the receiving DS's need to be flashed, which their owners may not want or something.
The put the flash cart in the unflashed DS and receive the download on your flashed DS.

As for this news being about "one game," there's way more DS games with download play than just the 18 that are listed here, so I think it's safe to assume that many others will also not be working.

I don't understand why companies like these guys and the G6 people say that their kits have "100% download play compatibility" when that claim is so clearly and indisputably false. Is it some kind of language barrier thing or do they just not think anyone will care that they're lying? Maybe no one does...

...word is bondage...

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Flashing your own DS never helped anyway, the receiving DS's need to be flashed, which their owners may not want or something.
The put the flash cart in the unflashed DS and receive the download on your flashed DS.

As for this news being about "one game," there's way more DS games with download play than just the 18 that are listed here, so I think it's safe to assume that many others will also not be working.

I don't understand why companies like these guys and the G6 people say that their kits have "100% download play compatibility" when that claim is so clearly and indisputably false. Is it some kind of language barrier thing or do they just not think anyone will care that they're lying? Maybe no one does...

...word is bondage...

They do it because most westerners are gullible and believe what the media tell them.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I remind you, that there is absolutely no proof that this list is real.
wink.gif

why would it be fake.. if the cyclo team where lying they would have said yoshi works.

Lol, I just can't see them lying as once the reviewers get their samples the "jig" would be up and they would be caught with their pants down. This would ruin their credibility so there is no logical reason that they would do this. However, I definitely think they are keeping games off the list that don't work, but hell who wouldn't in their position. Anyway if they have all of the features of the other devices, auto-boot, and DLDI patching I'll give it a try.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It may be that just that game isn't dumped 100% correctly perhaps? Seems like it just may be a bad dump, and considering that game is so old, and dumping methods have been refined since then that the game may require a redump.

Although it could be what I said is 100% false! And just maybe, for some reason, there's lots of extra protection after all...Â
wacko.gif

Well, the strong protection theory doesn't make much sense either. If it really doesn't work because of a protection Nintendo has put into it that works better then the other ones, why don't they put that protection in all the games?
And the bad dumping, I think all versions (E,U,JP (and maybe KR or something)) have been tested, which would lower this chance? Might be that the dumping method fails for all those versions then in that theory though...
But I think it's probably just programmed differently, which conflicts with the patching stuff.

Has any one ever got yoshi's download play to work on either a flashed or unflashed ds? Or even with the retail game?
Well the real game itself obviously works (played it myself, U version, unflashed to unflashed), don't think any flashcart got it to work though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)