CycloDS Evolution download play update

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, May 21, 2007.

May 21, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

CycloDS Evolution download play update

100% working..?

[​IMG]
    Team Cyclops, the team behind the new CycloDS Evolution that promised "Full NDS download play support, including problem games such as Mario Kart DS", have updated their forum thread (link below) with updated download play results. Only one out of the eighteen tested games does not work normally, the problem game 'Yoshi Touch & Go'.
    While an impressive result, and definitely the best out of any flash kit currently on the market (including G6DS Real), it's still not quite 100% and it seems we're still going to have to wait for that "perfect download play" DS flash kit.

Stay tuned for the CycloDS Evolution review, which should be up in the coming weeks on GBAtemp.

[​IMG] Team Cyclops forum thread

2. frostfire

Member frostfire GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You could also just flash your ds-es. I mean come on, if you just do it properly and follow the guides then chances of a brick are like 0%.

3. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Ok, so it's not 100% but it's very close. Nice! I can't wait for my sample.

- Sam

4. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    When it comes to download play, it probably won't be your DS that's recieving.

5. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    frostfire: That's what I thought too when I had my M3 CF and it all worked flawlessly, but now with my M3 Simply the Performance is VERY BAD (yeah, all DS are flashed). I hope the M3 Team (/R4 Team ) will updated the DS Downloadplay compatiblility there aswell.

6. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    The DS-X has good download play too, but not like Cyclo DS, if what they say proves to be true.

I have my DS flashed, though.

7. Kaphis

Member Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    yea R4's download play sucks O.o

8. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Download Play Compatibility does NOT improve by flashing for the majority of Slot1 Flashcarts.
    Flashing your own DS never helped anyway, the receiving DS's need to be flashed, which their owners may not want or something.

@topic:
    Looks pretty good, finally a card that beats ds-x in download play compatibility instead of only claiming to do so (G6Real).
    Hope it doesn't get as pricy as ds-x though. [​IMG]

9. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Wouldn't it be funny if it had a high compatibility with download play, but shit ass game compatibility (Not likely though [​IMG])

10. Gendou Ikari 201

Newcomer Gendou Ikari 201 Member

Brazil
    Even if you have both DS flashed, D/P seems not to work, at least that happened when I tested it.

11. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wonder if they tested this fully. For example, what if one DS has the CycloDS and the other is flahed? Does it still work?

12. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    sounds like an excellent card.
    but i'm happy with my r4 now, not planning on switching just because of download play.

13. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I'm wondering if there's any DS linker that supports Yoshi Touch & go download play...
    they seem to have a very special type of protection; for some reason the rom successfully starts on the remote DS, but you can't actually get in-game (freezes after the 3..2..1...)

14. stop_loading

Member stop_loading GBAtemp Regular

close, but not quite

15. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    I knew it wasn't perfect!! KNEW IT!!!!

Still.....kicks all the other carts asses when it comes to download play [​IMG] Great job

16. Romain

Newcomer Romain Newbie

France
    Just flash your DS with flashme v8, then put your R4/other_brand_name_here into YOUR FRIEND'S slot, so you have to receive;
    except if you want to play to Mario Kart with 2 or more DS than are not flashed, this is not a major issue to not have perfect download play.

Moreover, if you are into that since a long time, you should own many linker. I personally have a Supercard CF and a G6Lite in combinaison with my R4 so there is never the lack of hardware to play with others [​IMG]
    On the other hand, you've got to patch the ROMs (...) that you want to play with, because of the old school technology used by those pieces of love [​IMG]

17. Costello

you don't get it... there are multiple reasons for that.
    1) They promised 100%, it's not 100%, and that needs to be said just like for the G6 Real.
    2) What everyone's waiting for is not "per-game fixes", it's an actual method that really allows you to play DS games "1:1" (because that would have to be future proof, unlike fixes for every individual game)
    3) Cyclo products are "supported" by the MaxConsole/Divineo couple. There's a high probability that Maxconsole would have claimed "100% download play compatibility" if this game hadn't been proved not to work. We think it's important for people to know the truth, not just big commercial lies.

That's all there is to it, really. We never said it wasn't a great product, on the contrary.

18. Costello

You know what? first, we don't have special rules that defines what type of information deserves to be posted on the frontpage. If we think people would be interested in something, then we post that something on the frontpage. Plain simple!
    Secondly, we don't have our samples yet and the tests are ran by the Cyclops team. If like the G6 we had had our samples, we would have been focusing on the review and posting our results in the review, not in a separate announcement.

19. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    yeah thanks to gbatemp we now know its not really 100%. So some people could have purchased it and then felt ripped off. so we should be thankful the gbatemp staff informed us.

20. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    it's unfortunate that it's not 100%, but hey, it's closer to the goal than anyone else before.