Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

CycloDS Evolution download play update

100% working..?

Team Cyclops, the team behind the new CycloDS Evolution that promised "Full NDS download play support, including problem games such as Mario Kart DS", have updated their forum thread (link below) with updated download play results. Only one out of the eighteen tested games does not work normally, the problem game 'Yoshi Touch & Go'.
Team Cyclops said:
  • Big Brain Academy - WORKING
  • Bleach DS 2nd - WORKING
  • Clubhouse Games - WORKING
  • Diddy Kong Racing DS - WORKING
  • Konami Classics Series - Arcade Hits - WORKING
  • Mario Kart DS - WORKING
  • Mario Slam Basketball - WORKING
  • Meteos - WORKING
  • Metroid Prime Hunters - WORKING
  • Nanostray - WORKING
  • Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City - WORKING
  • New Super Mario Bros - WORKING
  • Super Mario 64 DS - WORKING
  • Super Monkey Ball - Touch & Roll - WORKING
  • Tetris - WORKING
  • Winning Eleven DS - WORKING
  • Worms - Open Warfare - WORKING
  • Yoshi Touch & Go - Not working. The game starts then after a countdown the following message is displayed: "The link has disconnected"
While an impressive result, and definitely the best out of any flash kit currently on the market (including G6DS Real), it's still not quite 100% and it seems we're still going to have to wait for that "perfect download play" DS flash kit.

Stay tuned for the CycloDS Evolution review, which should be up in the coming weeks on GBAtemp.

icon11.gif
Team Cyclops forum thread

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also just flash your ds-es. I mean come on, if you just do it properly and follow the guides then chances of a brick are like 0%.
When it comes to download play, it probably won't be your DS that's recieving.

P

pasc

frostfire: That's what I thought too when I had my M3 CF and it all worked flawlessly, but now with my M3 Simply the Performance is VERY BAD (yeah, all DS are flashed). I hope the M3 Team (/R4 Team ) will updated the DS Downloadplay compatiblility there aswell.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The DS-X has good download play too, but not like Cyclo DS, if what they say proves to be true.

I have my DS flashed, though.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could also just flash your ds-es. I mean come on, if you just do it properly and follow the guides then chances of a brick are like 0%.
Download Play Compatibility does NOT improve by flashing for the majority of Slot1 Flashcarts.
Flashing your own DS never helped anyway, the receiving DS's need to be flashed, which their owners may not want or something.

@topic:
Looks pretty good, finally a card that beats ds-x in download play compatibility instead of only claiming to do so (G6Real).
Hope it doesn't get as pricy as ds-x though.
wink.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I'm wondering if there's any DS linker that supports Yoshi Touch & go download play...
they seem to have a very special type of protection; for some reason the rom successfully starts on the remote DS, but you can't actually get in-game (freezes after the 3..2..1...)

Romain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just flash your DS with flashme v8, then put your R4/other_brand_name_here into YOUR FRIEND'S slot, so you have to receive;
except if you want to play to Mario Kart with 2 or more DS than are not flashed, this is not a major issue to not have perfect download play.

Moreover, if you are into that since a long time, you should own many linker. I personally have a Supercard CF and a G6Lite in combinaison with my R4 so there is never the lack of hardware to play with others
tongue.gif

On the other hand, you've got to patch the ROMs (...) that you want to play with, because of the old school technology used by those pieces of love
tongue.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Give them a break... I mean, they got 17/18 working, did that 1 not working one really deserve front page?

you don't get it... there are multiple reasons for that.
1) They promised 100%, it's not 100%, and that needs to be said just like for the G6 Real.
2) What everyone's waiting for is not "per-game fixes", it's an actual method that really allows you to play DS games "1:1" (because that would have to be future proof, unlike fixes for every individual game)
3) Cyclo products are "supported" by the MaxConsole/Divineo couple. There's a high probability that Maxconsole would have claimed "100% download play compatibility" if this game hadn't been proved not to work. We think it's important for people to know the truth, not just big commercial lies.

That's all there is to it, really. We never said it wasn't a great product, on the contrary.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
You know what? first, we don't have special rules that defines what type of information deserves to be posted on the frontpage. If we think people would be interested in something, then we post that something on the frontpage. Plain simple!
Secondly, we don't have our samples yet and the tests are ran by the Cyclops team. If like the G6 we had had our samples, we would have been focusing on the review and posting our results in the review, not in a separate announcement.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah thanks to gbatemp we now know its not really 100%. So some people could have purchased it and then felt ripped off. so we should be thankful the gbatemp staff informed us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a