Hacking CycloDS / 3-in-1+ / Rumble / Browser / GBA Saves working OK

D-an-W

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just thought I would share this for people having problems with the CycloDS / 3-in-1+ combo as I couldn't really find any success stories.

CycloDS running latest Beta firmware and a 3-in-1+ recently purchased, Rumble works fine, Opera Browser works fine and now I can also switch between GBA games loaded into NOR and have there saves updated and loaded each time I swap the game.

Using the latest GBAExpLoader in NOR mode (R Trigger) I load the game (Mother 3 translation for example) into NOR using the 'A' button option, this backs up the SRAM to a *.sav file, loads the Mother3.sav file (If there is one saved) and flashes the NOR with the ROM and the save. I then physically turn off the DS, turn it back on and load the GBA game from the DS Menu, NOT the CycloDS Menu. This way I can turn the DS on and off (Saving progress as I go) as many times as I like without any save issues.

If I wish to change the game in NOR memory, again I use the GBAExpLoader NOR option 'A' Button, this backup the current NOR SRAM to a *.sav, writes the *.sav for the new game (If there is one) and proceeds to flash the NOR as before. Once loaded I power off the DS and proceed to load the game from the DS Menu as before.

The files are kept in \Games\GBA\*.gba, GBA_Save\*.sav and \GBA_Sign\*.sgn

Doing it this way I have switched between several games without issue and had the latest save present in the game once loaded.

If this is all common knowledge, sorry for wasting your bandwidth but I just thought I would share (I hope it all makes sense)...

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There never was really a problem with the 3-in-1+ in regards to GBA games or anything RAM related, but I believe that the initial batch of the 3-in-1+ had a hardware problem so that the rumble didn't work at all no matter what. Apparently the EZ team already fixed the problem so the new ones should have rumble working. If you have one that doesn't rumble properly then that just sucks.

pajamaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D-an-W said:
CycloDS running latest Beta firmware and a 3-in-1+ recently purchased, Rumble works fine, Opera Browser works fine and now I can also switch between GBA games loaded into NOR and have there saves updated and loaded each time I swap the game.

Thanks for the info!! I've seriously been wondering if it's safe to buy the new ez 3in1+ models.

Where did you buy yours from? and how much did you get it for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon