'Cyberpunk 2077' delayed to December

capsule_616x353.jpg
After undergoing multiple delays, one of 2020's most anticipated games, Cyberpunk 2077, was apparently set to release in a few weeks on November 19th, especially after having gone gold. But even this did not stop one more delay as CD Projekt Red, the game's developer, announced via a tweet today that their game will be pushed back by 21 days and has now a new release date for December 10th:

The reason for the delay is to allocate extra time to better prepare and optimize it for its 9 versions (current and next gen) that will launch simultaneously. As the tweet clarifies, going gold means that all content is ready and the game is fully playable but that doesn't mean improvements are out of question.

Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will indeed release on December 10th or will it be delayed further into next year?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sigh stupid fucking consoles making delays
Rumour has it it's the Stadia version that's kind of to blame here, which is funny as there's probably more people doing a 6 day crunch finalizing that version than will actually play it....

I laughed anyway at the news! I should be pissed off as it's the no1 game I'm looking forward to, but that backlog of games, and it's only 3 weeks so...

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Ironically now I’m wondering wether to get the game as I happened to have booked that day off for unrelated reasons.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Rumour has it it's the Stadia version that's kind of to blame here, which is funny as there's probably more people doing a 6 day crunch finalizing that version than will actually play it....

I laughed anyway at the news! I should be pissed off as it's the no1 game I'm looking forward to, but that backlog of games, and it's only 3 weeks so...
Then even more of a "WHAT?" since Stadia will be shutdown probably before 2022.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh no.. It's delayed THREE WEEEKEEEESS!!!!??? Whatever will we gamers dooo!?!?

Y'all need to chill.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh spare me. Looking for an excuse to pirate? Just admit you were going to..
If a game gets 3 delays or more, I pirate it. There's no excuse to delay a game more than twice honestly.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After thinking it through I've decided to cancel my pre-order. Given that it's almost inevitable that post launch bugs will be discovered and with all these constant delays not doing much to help with those worries, I think I'll hold off getting this game until I can afford a PS5 and have this be one of my first next gen titles to play.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
After thinking it through I've decided to cancel my pre-order. Given that it's almost inevitable that post launch bugs will be discovered and with all these constant delays not doing much to help with those worries, I think I'll hold off getting this game until I can afford a PS5 and have this be one of my first next gen titles to play.
That's a wise move.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They’ve lost credibility

it’s one thing to delay a game a year or years and say put it out of your mind indefinitely it’s ready when it’s ready (Metroid 4) but to move the fence post by months every few months many times, with little to no transparency

not respectful to consumers. Feels like a holiday cash In even if it isn’t

how good can the game be that it went gold and is still delayed? Not a good omen

it’s a great thing I have never cared about this one or been into the hype. If it’s great good. If it ain’t I wasn’t emotionally invested whatsoever
What on earth do you mean "little to no transparency"? It's not like they waited until release day to say "Sorry, you're not playing it til December!" Has Projekt Red really become deserving of the woeful glares of desperate gamers? I guess so...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I feel bad for people who lost games permanently after cloud gaming service shutdown like happened to OnLive.
So do I, but they should learn that Google is an expert of killing projects.
No way in hell they will keep this up if it doesn't start turning a profit. Or they should atleast turn it in to a Xbox Games kind of service and it might work.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if some of the guys here actually read the whole post where part of the reason they are delaying the game is to optimize it for multiple versions, or just post a reply after seeing this thread's title. If they they forgo the idea of simultaneous launch on 9 versions of the game and have a separate release date for the next-gen, then they could have release on time.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if some of the guys here actually read the whole post where part of the reason they are delaying the game is to optimize it for multiple versions, or just post a reply after seeing this thread's title. If they they forgo the idea of simultaneous launch on 9 versions of the game and have a separate release date for the next-gen, then they could have release on time.
I don't think it's next-gen that's taking extra time, the game was essentially next gen from the get-go. Like others have pointed out, it's more likely that streaming services are to blame for this delay.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's next-gen that's taking extra time, the game was essentially next gen from the get-go. Like others have pointed out, it's more likely that streaming services are to blame for this delay.
I mean.. If that's actually 100% fact? Then that's just mental. Game streaming doesn't account for enough of the playerbase to warrant a delay in releasing the title. If anything, they should have just delayed the release to streaming services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.