Hacking Cyber Gadget Save Editor Now Supports Pokemon X/Y

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm done making it no longer necessary to know japanese to use the cyber editor:

EZaLD.jpg
That looks awesome!

MjnMixael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you glitch and Scires, now hopefully datel sees the glorious english cyber gadget sav editor and do something to allow injection on their own device.

*Something spiffy happens in the world of pokemon hacking.

OBLIGATORY "Hopefully Datel does whatever I want now" response. Srsly. Datel will be Datel regardless of this thread.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Of course, if there are other checks done by the game itself, that will have to be done by the user... I would think.

Of course, but I doubt any game would be doing that at this point.

A reminder if you use Gbatemps "Ignore" feature, you won't see things from users you don't want to, and then you don't need to make really ridiculous (and, frankly, stupid) posts about said people you don't like seeing.

Funny how I didn't see the argument, so I must have two 'tards already blocked. :rofl:

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Got a couple of questions (the second being very long-winded - you've been warned). Maybe Kaphotics or someone similar can answer.

What is the server-side decryption process? Are they servers that these companies own, or are they sending them off to Nintendo's servers to process the decryption somehow? I just assumed it was the latter, in which case, I assume that the Cyber Save Editor team figured out how to do what Datel was already doing, but let's you store the unencrypted saves whilst still not making the decryption method public knowledge.

The other question I had was regards to the dongles themselves. We've got a whole bunch of these things that can dump saves, provided you're using the right program for the device. What's stopping someone from making their own program that would allow us to dump any save with any dongle? Granted, they wouldn't be decrypted, but why couldn't you use the Powersaves dongle with the Cyber Save Editor, for example? I presume the program checks the hardware's PID or something along those lines, but surely there's a way around it. And on that note, surely it'd be possible to use such a device to dump DS saves, too. I was kind of surprised that I couldn't dump my saves from my copies of White 2 and Black using the Powersaves dongle. I bought an NDS Adapter Plus, which works great, but I don't understand why a program hasn't been written to allow the same thing to be done with ANY dongle yet. Maybe someone can shed some light on this. Is this whole thing just because it's too much effort vs. what would be gained? Or is there something I'm missing?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Got a couple of questions (the second being very long-winded - you've been warned). Maybe Kaphotics or someone similar can answer.

What is the server-side decryption process? Are they servers that these companies own, or are they sending them off to Nintendo's servers to process the decryption somehow? I just assumed it was the latter, in which case, I assume that the Cyber Save Editor team figured out how to do what Datel was already doing, but let's you store the unencrypted saves whilst still not making the decryption method public knowledge.

The other question I had was regards to the dongles themselves. We've got a whole bunch of these things that can dump saves, provided you're using the right program for the device. What's stopping someone from making their own program that would allow us to dump any save with any dongle? Granted, they wouldn't be decrypted, but why couldn't you use the Powersaves dongle with the Cyber Save Editor, for example? I presume the program checks the hardware's PID or something along those lines, but surely there's a way around it. And on that note, surely it'd be possible to use such a device to dump DS saves, too. I was kind of surprised that I couldn't dump my saves from my copies of White 2 and Black using the Powersaves dongle. I bought an NDS Adapter Plus, which works great, but I don't understand why a program hasn't been written to allow the same thing to be done with ANY dongle yet. Maybe someone can shed some light on this. Is this whole thing just because it's too much effort vs. what would be gained? Or is there something I'm missing?

1. It's their servers. What happens there is unknown.
2. Nothing (in terms of security).
2.1 Incompatible softwares. That's all I think.
2.2 I guess people just haven't bothered yet.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is there a way to make the Cyber Editor recognize the PowerSave 3DS adapter instead? Would seriously help some people save about $50+ (in my case, I had already ordered the PowerSave and converted for Japanese lisence, then that day found out about PKHeX and Cyber Save Editor 2...).

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is there a way to make the Cyber Editor recognize the PowerSave 3DS adapter instead? Would seriously help some people save about $50+ (in my case, I had already ordered the PowerSave and converted for Japanese lisence, then that day found out about PKHeX and Cyber Save Editor 2...).

No. This is not possible.

The hardware is fundamentally too different for this to work.

This is like asking "Can I use Zune Music to put stuff on my iPhone?"

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^_^; If I wanted to do that, for example, I'd use Winamp, which can.
But dang...

edit: Is the hardware really that different? (I don't have both, nor would be willing to pop them open to find out) If they are actually just different appearances, then couldn't someone edit the driver to target a different hardware, or something like that?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well powersaves has the license system....not sure if cyber gadget has something similar, i imagine they would want to make sure someone doesn't just clone the hardware and sell it for much cheaper with no way of making sure users actually bought the device

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No. This is not possible.

The hardware is fundamentally too different for this to work.

This is like asking "Can I use Zune Music to put stuff on my iPhone?"

And how are they "too different"? As far as I know, they're very similar devices.

^_^; If I wanted to do that, for example, I'd use Winamp, which can.
But dang...

edit: Is the hardware really that different? (I don't have both, nor would be willing to pop them open to find out) If they are actually just different appearances, then couldn't someone edit the driver to target a different hardware, or something like that?

That's what I assumed myself.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
for the people who don't have jp consoles, and because i think i read that using the cybergadget device you can put any save on the cart (as opposed to powersaves where you can only back up and restore the save to the one unique cart)
- so, couldn't someone just upload a save for the cart which has progressed far enough to enable pokemon bank?
so that no one needs to buy a japanese 3ds for this... right?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the people who don't have jp consoles, and because i think i read that using the cybergadget device you can put any save on the cart (as opposed to powersaves where you can only back up and restore the save to the one unique cart)
- so, couldn't someone just upload a save for the cart which has progressed far enough to enable pokemon bank?
so that no one needs to buy a japanese 3ds for this... right?

If you've decrypted part of your saves using the Powersaves - clean save trick, you can actually insert your save file into your new JP cart. You can use your own :P

SciresM was able to transfer his SAV from his bricked cart by just writing the decrypted SAV to his JP cart, which wasn't bricked.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
I think Datel shares/sells info with Cybergadget actually, last time they both announced their save tool at the same time with an unreleased hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...