Hacking Cyber Gadget Save Editor Now Supports Pokemon X/Y

darvish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's just clicking buttons and accessing certain menus I'm sure someone could help putting together a short tutorial. Even though PKHex has an option to be used in any language, on those Japanese code sites posted earlier in the thread there's some decent picture tutorials that make it so clear the program could be in jibberish and exporting codes would still be easy. Hopefully someone can provide a simple step-by-step shortly.

I'll play around with it for a bit when it's delivered and I guess seek help when the time comes. Thanks for the answers though. I'll look into translating their .pdf with Google.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
If not the WILL of most of us is pretty decent. I can see people buying JP carts and this device in other regions and datel losing out on potential business as a result if they are not careful with how they handle this and decide to milk the powersaves out in other regions. I Personally would LIKE to support datel as ive always supported action replay brand in general.

But if they do not offer similar services in my region I would certainly have to consider buying this cyber gadget device and a JP game, being it allows for user code creation as a traditional action replay would.

I sent a message to support on maxmemory (the power saves website) telling them if they cannot provide a similar option in my region of their brand i will have to consider buying this Cyber Gadget device at the end of August.

If DATEL IS SMART they will take advantage over their stronghold/monopoly on the regions outside of japan and market a new action replay to rival this cyber gadget device.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
If not the WILL of most of us is pretty decent. I can see people buying JP carts and this device in other regions and datel losing out on potential business as a result if they are not careful with how they handle this and decide to milk the powersaves out in other regions. I Personally would LIKE to support datel as ive always supported action replay brand in general.

But if they do not offer similar services in my region I would certainly have to consider buying this cyber gadget device and a JP game, being it allows for user code creation as a traditional action replay would.

I sent a message to support on maxmemory (the power saves website) telling them if they cannot provide a similar option in my region of their brand i will have to consider buying this Cyber Gadget device at the end of August.

If DATEL IS SMART they will take advantage over their stronghold/monopoly on the regions outside of japan and market a new action replay to rival this cyber gadget device.

Totally agree with you on this!

Reactions: vettacossx

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I disagree. They're not losing any money, not even from you since you already bought their device - you're already given Datel your money, and their current model wouldn't get them any more money from you anyway. They have only one competitor in one small region. The people who use the Powersave device for Pokémon are merely the vocal minority.

Datel would have to be losing future sales in multiple regions/worth a material amount of money to reconsider their business model. At which point they'll probably release a brand new device to make a very nice cash grab.

Edit: In fact, continued use of Datel's device COSTS them money, albeit a very small amount. The more popular their device is, the more it costs them for bandwidth usage. Then there's whatever they have to do to maintain their servers and fix them when the servers go down from usage, etc.

Oh, and should they release another device to support custom codes, the amount of lost sales due to people who would buy this Cyber Gadget device is a very, very small amount due to the expense and niche use.

Reactions: cearp

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
If Datel's save editor weren't "over-the-cloud" to hide how they were able to decrypt it, I would have bought it day-one. This little thing, however, I would buy right now if I could.

Please start selling to western countries, you'd make a ton of money.

Reactions: rainparadesamurai

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Datel's save editor weren't "over-the-cloud" to hide how they were able to decrypt it, I would have bought it day-one. This little thing, however, I would buy right now if I could.

Please start selling to western countries, you'd make a ton of money.
Having to send the save file to their servers is a necessity - even Cyber Gadget does it. There's still no way to sign saves without having a hacked 3DS to do it.

Also, the company that made Cyber Gadget also made a cheat device for PS3 - it also never left Japan. So take that as you will.

Reactions: rainparadesamurai

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Having to send the save file to their servers is a necessity - even Cyber Gadget does it. There's still no way to sign saves without having a hacked 3DS to do it.

Also, the company that made Cyber Gadget also made a cheat device for PS3 - it also never left Japan. So take that as you will.

I thought by "Manual" it meant you could do it yourself, and not just your own codes. Oh well, thanks for the info. Still a nice device.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought by "Manual" it meant you could do it yourself, and not just your own codes. Oh well, thanks for the info. Still a nice device.
It allows you to edit the save however you want, but you still have to send it to them to sign the save; the 3DS would otherwise reject the save.

Of course, if there are other checks done by the game itself, that will have to be done by the user... I would think.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A reminder if you use Gbatemps "Ignore" feature, you won't see things from users you don't want to, and then you don't need to make really ridiculous (and, frankly, stupid) posts about said people you don't like seeing.

In other news, how likely is it that if I order a "used" Pokemon Y cart from ebay, the person who bought it hasn't played it? I'm two clicks away from buying a relatively cheap Cyber Gadget but I don't have a Japanese 3DS nor do I have the game yet... And it needs to have the Pokedex if I want to use it in a NA Pokebank (right?)

Reactions: Huntereb and Hozu

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A reminder if you use Gbatemps "Ignore" feature, you won't see things from users you don't want to, and then you don't need to make really ridiculous (and, frankly, stupid) posts about said people you don't like seeing.

In other news, how likely is it that if I order a "used" Pokemon Y cart from ebay, the person who bought it hasn't played it? I'm two clicks away from buying a relatively cheap Cyber Gadget but I don't have a Japanese 3DS nor do I have the game yet... And it needs to have the Pokedex if I want to use it in a NA Pokebank (right?)

It does need to have the Pokedex in order to use Bank. I ordered a second Japanese cart used, but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't tell you if it has a save.

In other news, I'm working out how to use the device using my original Japanese cart and plan to update the community save hopefully in a couple of hours. It's not going to be anything extravagant like a living Dex (somebody did suggest that I do just for them), but I thing people will be happy.

Reactions: Rizzorules and h448

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legitimately a JP system. mcould care less buying a Japanese 3DS. I just want to experiment And try out a JP cart on the 3DS I have now

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Uh, don't you need some kind of progress in the game to be able to use Bank in the first place? You're not going to be able to just import a JP game cart and have it work.
If I were to import, I'll make sure it has a save + pokedex. (doesn't need nat dex, apparently).

Well, then again, without a JPN 3DS, my only usage is limited to

1. Maxing IVs
2. Changing Shininess
3. Changing attacks
4. Obtaining Items *
5. Obtaining formes outside battle *
6. Getting Hoopa and Volcanion (which eventually, I'll delete to get the legal one from Powersaves)

While in my tired state,
I've listed things that I want to do with CyberGadget, which half the things can be done on Powersaves in some way (bolded ones),
just not custom insertion.

If I want the ability to get WonderCard insertion/manipulation, and other game blowing things,
I'll need a JPN 3DS t.T

(regarding wondercard insertion: how does one collect the pokemon, without entering the game? LOL)

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you talking about importing a cart without a Japanese 3DS, I feel obligated to remind you that you will not be able to obtain items since you will be relegated to using only Bank to transfer over your hacks. Since Bank will not take items, they will be trapped on a cart that you cannot play. Again this applies to those who are thinking of importing a Japanese cart without having a Japanese 3DS.

For those with flash carts that can play Pokemon, expect an update to the community .3DS files in about half an hour. My X update is done. Working on Y.

Reactions: tjexp and h448

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
For those of you talking about importing a cart without a Japanese 3DS, I feel obligated to remind you that you will not be able to obtain items since you will be relegated to using only Bank to transfer over your hacks. Since Bank will not take items, they will be trapped on a cart that you cannot play. Again this applies to those who are thinking of importing a Japanese cart without having a Japanese 3DS.

For those with flash carts that can play Pokemon, expect an update to the community .3DS files in about half an hour. My X update is done. Working on Y.

Great news,Will you upload both of them at the same time?

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for sharing this to the comunnity and making posible to have them without buying a Japanese console, a Japanese game and a Cyber Gadget save editor. We are talking about Hoopa and Volvanion right?( well i think ill wait and see)

Reactions: ZOOT

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New community save update is up. Check it out if you would like to find some Cyber obtained content.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm done making it no longer necessary for you to know japanese to use the cyber editor:

EZaLD.jpg

I'll post this later tonight.

(Thanks to Glitch on the PPorg IRC who did the bulk of translation. Real MVP.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh +1