Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I'm wondering who's truly terrible. :mellow:

Glad the guy doing it got caught, I always hate hacker groups, regardless of who they are.

I dont think they found DERP.
The only police action was the squad sent to PhantomL0rds house when DERP faked a hostage call at his address

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

Glad the guy doing it got caught, I always hate hacker groups, regardless of who they are.

in my defence I can say that english isn't my main language.

but not all hackers do shit like this, there are hackers that work for security firms to test the security of their systems and others that work to track down other hackers to stop them. hacking by itself isn't bad, what you do with it is what can be bad.
and also take in account that gbatemp has many users that are hackers.

Reactions: omgpwn666

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The attitude from a lot of people in this thread is pissing me off. If you don't like lets players/streamers don't watch their streams and lets plays, don't support a bunch of little fame seeking skiddies who are ruining innocent peoples fun.

Who said anything about supporting a bunch of skiddies who are ruining peoples' fun? And what does this have to do with lets plays/streamers? I don't think those ruin people's fun (unless they're watching a Superman 64 or equally horrible lets play). Well I don't like Baby, but I occasionally go there to leave a dislike and a mean comment to bug the fans (yes they still exist :wtf: )

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Jelly is also an Americanism, much of the rest of the English speaking world would know it as jam.

Others have queried your definition of hacker but I will echo them.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Who said anything about supporting a bunch of skiddies who are ruining peoples' fun? And what does this have to do with lets plays/streamers? I don't think those ruin people's fun (unless they're watching a Superman 64 or equally horrible lets play). Well I don't like Baby, but I occasionally go there to leave a dislike and a mean comment to bug the fans (yes they still exist :wtf: )
serves the c*** right :rofl2:
fucking streamers
>taking down videogame streamers

Heroes of our generation.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think they found DERP.
The only police action was the squad sent to PhantomL0rds house when DERP faked a hostage call at his address

Yeah, seems I DERPed. I mistook "The events have even landed Phantom at the mercy of a police squad at his home" for him being caught, even though Phantom is the streamer, not the hacker. -.-

in my defence I can say that english isn't my main language.

I was just joking around, it's all good.

Reactions: Satangel

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Did you even bother reading any of this thread before you quoted me? You really are an irritating dumbass.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even bother reading any of this thread before you quoted me? You really are an irritating dumbass.

I read every comment, every word in the post. I should go back and read the articles, though. Oh, and, um, that's not a very nice way for a supervisor to talk to an underling, especially on the dawn of a new year. Unless you're starting the celebration early by getting a little disoriented... :unsure: ...then it'd be understandable...

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I read every comment, every word in the post. I should go back and read the articles, though. Oh, and, um, that's not a very nice way for a supervisor to talk to an underling, especially on the dawn of a new year. Unless you're starting the celebration early by getting a little disoriented... :unsure: ...then it'd be understandable...

Huh what are you talking about? :wtf: Yeah I occasionally have conversations with members here but matters of rank never come into it? :blink:

Reactions: NEP and Foxi4

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P1ngPong one calling a semi-noob a dumbass TRLROORLRROROORL!! ok back on topic... i think EA and LOL needs there severs checked i guess. wait a minute let me read the topic again just to double check something sorry...

just hope twitch.tv is not hurt i go this stream every so often... i just hate how he switched from ps3 to pc atm... but what ever also house arrest LOL!!

also p1ngpong never talks to me has much... it's just like getting an ultra rare gaming card from a booster pack.

Reactions: calmwaters

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jelly is also an Americanism, much of the rest of the English speaking world would know it as jam.

No, we have jam in America too. A different thing but generally used for the same purpose.

And before anyone claims otherwise, they're also both completely different from jello, which is not used for the same thing as jelly or jam.

Anyway, if these assholes had stopped at the DDOS, I could almost just LOL and leave it at that, but having a guy arrested for nothing? Yeah, I hope these guys get their actions returned in full and then some.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh what are you talking about? :wtf: Yeah I occasionally have conversations with members here but matters of rank never come into it? :blink:

Well

1. It's not nice to call people dumbasses. This would be kind of a weird conversation, at least to me.
2. As a person in control here, you're supposed to set a good example. I think.
3. Well this is certainly an interesting discussion; one you've never had before, I daresay.
4. I'm sure you know what some people do to celebrate the new year. Why, I recently read how a man went to a party and woke up the next morning with a hangover. Hmmm.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well

1. It's not nice to call people dumbasses. This would be kind of a weird conversation, at least to me.
2. As a person in control here, you're supposed to set a good example. I think.
3. Well this is certainly an interesting discussion; one you've never had before, I daresay.
4. I'm sure you know what some people do to celebrate the new year. Why, I recently read how a man went to a party and woke up the next morning with a hangover. Hmmm.

1: Wow is that what the streamers were doing no wonder!
2: As a person in control here I will never support or endorse what the skiddies did don't worry!
3: I agree this conversation is indeed interesting.
4: That person should have taken precautions, I like to have a glass of water between every drink to avoid that sort of thing. No wonder his lets play suffered. Yeah.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I followed this situation very close, and there's a very good Reddit post that Black-Ice linked in the first post. Read it, it's pretty cool

No, we have jam in America too. A different thing but generally used for the same purpose.

And before anyone claims otherwise, they're also both completely different from jello, which is not used for the same thing as jelly or jam.

Anyway, if these assholes had stopped at the DDOS, I could almost just LOL and leave it at that, but having a guy arrested for nothing? Yeah, I hope these guys get their actions returned in full and then some.
I think they mainly made that fake Hostage call to the police because they realized how much they made him by accident. He made 1000+ USD in donations alone, got a new personal record of 140k viewers (you'll get a shitload of money from Twitch advertisements for these kind of numbers) AND he basically got immense publicity. In 1 night.
They realized how much he is the real winner here, and they decided to fuck with him too, and show him that they are the reason for his successful night, no one else.
I cant find any reason myself.
PhantomL0rd is freaking huge though, he makes money upon money off streaming League. One of the biggest streamers in NA
Probably just picked a high priority target,
he just released a FB message saying he's out of handcuffs now...
What I read is that he just was the biggest streamer online on Twitch at the time DERP started DDOS'ing everything. They picked him, because they were already assured of their audience.
whats the point
Well DERP said in a conversation with PhantomLord 'mad companies, to piss of big companies.' Definitely EA is a big reason for this kind of behaviour.
Also just trying this out, seeing if it works, seeing if they can get away with this, proving their worth.
Never heard of the guy but that is hardly surprising; streaming is a lesser form of let's play and I am not especially fond of that at the best of times. Normally I would question the use of cyber but seen as swatting is apparently still a thing I guess I will let it slide.
Streaming definitely is a first experience with games, true, but the main reason I just love streams (especially LoL) is be able to watch really good people 24/7, thus making yourself better by just learning their moves, their motives, their items. That is why streaming is just superb IMHO, next to the fact there is quite a bit of interaction possible too. It's amazing IMHO.

Reactions: Black-Ice

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

*has flashback to unfortunate Old Country Buffet incident*

Damn it, I had repressed that memory.

You say that Satangel but a bunch of precut video and text guides would probably do better for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: