Gaming CVG Reviews Mario Kart 7 And Says It’s The Best Mario Kart Game Ever

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having snaking is just like "oh if i mess up this corner i could always just snake a bunch of times to catch up" and snaking isnt that hard to learn and trust me iv played mario kart DS online and watching 2 people just slide from side to side the whole race gets BORING when you compare it with the wii version of everyone sliding round the corner at the same time, trying to weave in and out each other to avoid items.
It's not boring if you're racing other people your same skill leval lol. It might surprise you, but 'snakers' (even though I hate the term) do not like racing non-snakers either. It was a poor matchmaking system; the 'rivals' mode was a good idea but it didn't work very well.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Less items flying at you?
I swear if I get hit by a blue shell just before the finish line again i'm gonna go insane and kill some people.
This game is sounding great though, can't wait for GBAtemp tournaments.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I swear if I get hit by a blue shell just before the finish line again i'm gonna go insane and kill some people.
I guess it's not stereotypical Mario Kart, but all the tournaments I've been in banned the use of items so it's purely about skill - luck is erased from the game. Maybe it's not as fun to most people, but it might be an idea to bring up when planning the inevitable GBAtemp MK7 tournament. It can sometimes be fun slamming on the brakes before the item boxes, getting a red shell and holding onto it until just before the finish line though :lol:

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it's not stereotypical Mario Kart, but all the tournaments I've been in banned the use of items so it's purely about skill - luck is erased from the game. Maybe it's not as fun to most people, but it might be an idea to bring up when planning the inevitable GBAtemp MK7 tournament. It can be fun slamming on the brakes before the item boxes, getting a red shell and holding onto it until just before the finish line though :lol:

They banned ALL the items? im having trouble imagining such a thing :blink: but iv read that MK7 you can create groups with specific setups in the game so such a thing is possible. I think the best idea for a tournament would be to get rid of the "uber" weapons such as bullet bill / lucky 7 / blue shell and possibly lightning, Yes there will still be a huge element of luck in what items you get but it would be much fairer imo.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's my opinion on which MK game is the best:

They're all awesome!! Sure, each one has it's flaws such as:

SNES: Touchy Controls
N64: Kinda Slow-feeling
GBA: Touchy Controls
GCN: Two Racers just wasn't a good idea
DS: ...I actually can't find anything wrong with this one...
Wii: Difficult to control at times

But they all have one awesome thing in common, epic track design. And that's what I think MK is about. MK has the most creative track designs of any racing game. Driving around on Rainbows in space, through a river that falls into a pipe in the ocean, a giant spherical cage combined with twisted metallic road, floating ships in the sky, there's nothing like these games.

Any things that get taken out or added in to the games have been done so to satisfy the majority of players. Sure, people rage all the time about snaking being removed, but that was taken out for balance. Because while you're out there snaking away and looking like a boss and feeling awesome, there's a person miles behind you frustrated and ragequitting. People simply need to look through the other person's eyes. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Do you think you would like it if someone were to be speeding around the track at a surprising speed while you're left in the dust with no hope and feeling like a failure? I wouldn't think so.

The point I'm trying to make out is that Mario Kart was made for entertainment purposes, not competitive. Just enjoy the ride, it's only a video game and if you really feel the need to be superior than other people go talk to a psychologist or something. I've had enough of stupid "this is better. no this is better. go screw yourself" conflict.

Chill out and accept that something hasn't gone your way. You'll feel better without the anger filling you up inside.

Reactions: 1 person

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They banned ALL the items? im having trouble imagining such a thing :blink: but iv read that MK7 you can create groups with specific setups in the game so such a thing is possible. I think the best idea for a tournament would be to get rid of the "uber" weapons such as bullet bill / lucky 7 / blue shell and possibly lightning, Yes there will still be a huge element of luck in what items you get but it would be much fairer imo.
Haha, yep! We actually only ever used items when we raced randoms online (the only time when you couldn't organise it before hand), but that was rare because it's not too much fun playing with people with a huge range in skill, it's only fun when it's head to head. It's intense! You're sweating the entire time, because you know if you hit a wall or something then all you can do is hope that your opponent does the same so you can catch up :P

And I think that's a good idea, too. Hopefully MK7 will allow us to select which items we want to play with - I doubt it, but it would be very nice indeed! There is still a fair bit of skill behind item usage, such as dropping that bannana on the racing line of a tight corner or aiming with green shells!

N64: Kinda Slow-feeling
That might be because you're playing the PAL version, which was considerably slower than the NTSC copy. Or you just don't MT enough! lol

For instance, the NTSC WR for luigi raceway is 1'38"55 whereas it's 1'58"12 for PAL.

Reactions: 1 person

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D:
B-b-b-but why?
Because Nintendo was lazy when converting it from NTSC to play on PAL? It's also in 'letterbox' instead of being full screen. Wave race is just as bad, too. Rare was known to be better, both their PAL and NTSC games run at the same speed.

Here's wave race :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5ZI9VJBDw

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Haha, yep! We actually only ever used items when we raced randoms online (the only time when you couldn't organise it before hand), but that was rare because it's not too much fun playing with people with a huge range in skill, it's only fun when it's head to head. It's intense! You're sweating the entire time, because you know if you hit a wall or something then all you can do is hope that your opponent does the same so you can catch up :P

And I think that's a good idea, too. Hopefully MK7 will allow us to select which items we want to play with - I doubt it, but it would be very nice indeed! There is still a fair bit of skill behind item usage, such as dropping that bannana on the racing line of a tight corner or aiming with green shells!
Lets also hope they allow us to edit what items to use in the grand prix, cause bots are just cruel when they blue shell you just before the finish line..

alexbulluk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Pre-ordered and it's been shipped. Hopefully I'll get my hands on this tomorrow, all the reviews so far have been great, and I played MKDS to death, so I think this game will be spending quite some time in my 3DS.

See you guys online :D

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
This may be a stupid question but, does it install a MK channel on the 3DS?
I read on several places that it does, but all I've seen in videos is them accessing it in-game.

alexbulluk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Got it today (30th) and played it loads. I'm loving it so far. It really is excellent online (and the GP is great too).

For those wondering; There is no MK7 channel to install. It's built into the game.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you checked everywhere for the option to install it directly on the Home Menu? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the MK channel was installable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1