Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many of us are. what kind of theme would you like?

I'm interested in a custom Star Wars theme...I can get the graphics ready to send to someone if I know the size they need to be. I've tried several times to make my own themes and just can't get the hang of it. Maybe because I'm still in the early stage of learning photoshop...

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in a custom Star Wars theme...I can get the graphics ready to send to someone if I know the size they need to be. I've tried several times to make my own themes and just can't get the hang of it. Maybe because I'm still in the early stage of learning photoshop...
sure. just send the pics and song you want and ill make it happen. if you do want bgm try to find one that is 1:30 min or shorter in length otherwise i will have to cut some out.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
After a long long long period without spare time, I've decided to make custom themes again :D

This is my first work of the year:
Fate Stay Night: Archer theme

PEOqpow.png

Download link: https://3dsthem.es/8403
You disappeared I thought you had given up on making new themes.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure. just send the pics and song you want and ill make it happen. if you do want bgm try to find one that is 1:30 min or shorter in length otherwise i will have to cut some out.

OK thanks. I do have another theme that I currently have that has the background music....can it be taken from one theme and put into the other?

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I'm seeing a lot of anime-related and entertainment related themes. Does anyone have more nature-based ones, or are interested in creating them?

I have in program something if you are intrested. Or at least depend what you mean for nature theme, but if you intend something like animal (not anime design animal like i usualy do) or simple nature photo i have something in program.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Oh no mate, I'll never give up!
I was so busy with exams and other stuff but now I'm ready to rock again ;)
I had a similar problem, I had to do a monograph with more than 500 pages. I'm sure the teacher will not read more than 50 pages. Honestly i hate to do tests. You study the whole semester to do a final exam that only has 40% of what you have learned.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: Tyrann

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello community:D today i finally managed to install ...luma woohooo :D

and i wanted to ask you guys if there are any moving themes for cfw like animations and stuff.. i hope you alll know what i want t say :D

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Last edited by miraclaime, , Reason: add links
Reactions: Ryumaru

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Final tutorial on how to create border textures with the same quality as the official Nintendo themes.
I'd like to know what are the most frequent questions users have in creating the border textures so that I can add the proper explanations in the definitive tutorial on how to create border textures identical to those of the official Nintendo themes.
This will help me make definite content, just reply to this post.
I already did the beginning of the tutorial.

Remembering that depending on the type of question it will be added in the extra topics of the tutorial.

An item that I will add to the extras, and how to create Modeled textures using perforations in autoforms.
Examples: The examples are sorted from the simplest to the most advanced texture mode, from left to right.

Preview (3).png Preview (9).png Preview (1).png Preview (5).png Preview (8).png Preview (6).png Preview (2).png

Remembering that I will explain the most used concept the development of this technique will depend on you.​

Last edited by Ryumaru,

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Final tutorial on how to create border textures with the same quality as the official Nintendo themes.
I'd like to know what are the most frequent questions users have in creating the border textures so that I can add the proper explanations in the definitive tutorial on how to create border textures identical to those of the official Nintendo themes.

Remembering that depending on the type of question it will be added in the extra topics of the tutorial.

An item that I will add to the extras, and how to create Modeled textures using perforations in autoforms.
Examples: The examples are sorted from the simplest to the most advanced texture mode, from left to right.

View attachment 73642 View attachment 73643 View attachment 73638 View attachment 73635 View attachment 73641 View attachment 73639 View attachment 73637

Remembering that I will explain the most used concept the development of this technique will depend on you.​
I know the exact drawable area size for borders but it seems the position of drawable area in 3ds is a bit missplaced, so could you attach your raw border psd that you usually use ? (the one that you use before editing border, err idk whats it called.. maybe base border?), both 64px and 32px please :)

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

View attachment 73642 View attachment 73643 View attachment 73638 View attachment 73635 View attachment 73641 View attachment 73639 View attachment 73637

Can you teach us how to make amazing folder textures? That's my question :3

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I know the exact drawable area size for borders but it seems the position of drawable area in 3ds is a bit missplaced, so could you attach your raw border psd that you usually use ? (the one that you use before editing border, err idk whats it called.. maybe base border?), both 64px and 32px please :)
I will make available 2 base files along with the tutorial. The file will only have a basic autoform, in order to do what you asked you will need to read the tutorial that I will do.

Can you teach us how to make amazing folder textures? That's my question :3
As soon as I finish this tutorial I will do the final tutorial version of how to make the folders.

Goof_Ball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will make available 2 base files along with the tutorial. The file will only have a basic autoform, in order to do what you asked you will need to read the tutorial that I will do.

As soon as I finish this tutorial I will do the final tutorial version of how to make the folders.

Have 2 themes in the fridge that I was going to upload until you posted this, now I'm waiting to make sure they don't have any more weird issues. Looking forward to it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: