Homebrew Custom Menu Themes help before I update? I've used TubeHax previously on my JP new 3DS w/V.10.1.0-27

OldSchoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea what I should do?

I didn't mention before that I deleted the _MACOSX folder. Let me know if I need that, and I'll download it again.

Last edited by OldSchoolGamer,

OldSchoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange... It seems that it's an internet connexion error...
Can you disable the DNS and then retry the whole thing (turn off, etc) to see if that works?
I put the DNS back on Auto-Obtain, and this is what I get when I open the browser now (whether I do the power off/on trick or not)...

IMG240.jpg

OldSchoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re-enabled the DNS (and replaced that _MACOSX folder I'd deleted), and after doing the power off/on trick, I got this...

IMG243.jpg

D

Deleted User

I don't know if this will solve your problem here, but if you've already scanned the QR code and then turned your WiFi on, change the DNS to Google's (8.8.8.8 for the primary and 8.8.8.4 for the secondary) from auto-obtain. Also make sure that you have 3 or less tabs open, with the tab from the QR code being the one that's open.

Now, from what I've tried it seems like using the touchscreen is the way to go for speed, as it takes a second to load before the A button can be pressed. After switching the DNS, turn the console off (making sure WiFi is enabled) and instead use the stylus to enter the browser (just keep tapping the spot where the icon is during boot, and quickly). You might have to try a few times, but using the touchscreen instead of the A button does seem to be faster. And lastly... if you've tried all that before I mentioned any of it, disregard this.

OldSchoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this will solve your problem here, but if you've already scanned the QR code and then turned your WiFi on, change the DNS to Google's (8.8.8.8 for the primary and 8.8.8.4 for the secondary) from auto-obtain. Also make sure that you have 3 or less tabs open, with the tab from the QR code being the one that's open.

Now, from what I've tried it seems like using the touchscreen is the way to go for speed, as it takes a second to load before the A button can be pressed. After switching the DNS, turn the console off (making sure WiFi is enabled) and instead use the stylus to enter the browser (just keep tapping the spot where the icon is during boot, and quickly). You might have to try a few times, but using the touchscreen instead of the A button does seem to be faster. And lastly... if you've tried all that before I mentioned any of it, disregard this.

Why switch the DNS to Google's? I did it - I'm just curious.

I just tried 5 times and every time I got this error again...

IMG240.jpg

D

Deleted User

Why switch the DNS to Google's? I did it - I'm just curious.

I just tried 5 times and every time I got this error again...

Eh, the post I had in mind ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/browserhax-is-still-working.400991/ ) gave instructions that you ought to try changing your DNS, and since the tubehax DNS was giving you an error, I figured changing the DNS to Google's would help. It also seems as if changing the DNS prior to the time you try it helps as well. But at this point, if you're not getting to the point where the page loads the file, then perhaps it's more than just the browser nag (which seems to possibly be what Pingouin7 was pointing towards unless it was because you were using tubehax's DNS settings).

Wiidii100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to crush your hopes, but Google Translate says it is something like this: "In order to use, please do the body updated with the body configuration." I think this message came up when you turned the DNS off. Nintendo has claimed your browser.

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the looks of it, it seems you got the browser nag. Nintendo pretty much blocked your use of the browser unless you update. The only way to bypass this is to have a N3DS.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Reactions: Deleted User

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh, didn't see that. But I was awaiting his response to whether he had a N3DS or not.

Now that I know, the way the trick worked for me is to put 107.211.140.165 as primary DNS and 107.211.140.065 as secondary DNS. Restart the 3DS and when it turns on, go to the browser ASAP and visit the BrowserHax link. Then you have to wait a good 30 seconds before the homebrew launcher starts.

Last edited by ChaosRipple,

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Oh, didn't see that. But I was awaiting his response to whether he had a N3DS or not.

Now that I know, the way the trick worked for me is to put 107.211.140.165 as primary DNS and 107.211.140.065 as secondary DNS. Restart the 3DS and when it turns on, go to the browser ASAP and visit the BrowserHax link. Then you have to wait a good 30 seconds before the homebrew launcher starts.
Well, I just tried that, and I get the same error as OP...
I remember it worked at the *hax 2.5 release, and this is the first time I use BrowserHax since...
(I use IronHax or MenuHax2 usually)

OldSchoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Thanks man, I finally got it!
Well, I just tried that, and I get the same error as OP...
Something must be different between ours and yours, it seems.

I'll be setting up MenuHax and whatever else I can use without the Homebrew Launcher, but then I'll probably have to update...
I'd like to still have access to the Launcher, but I also want access to the eShop and the Badge Center/Arcade. Any way to do both?

D

Deleted-236924

The only way would be for you to have Ocarina of Time 3D or Cubic Ninja.

Updating to access the eShop and Badge Arcade means you lose menuhax and browserhax. You'd have to setup oot3dhax beforehand, or have Cubic Ninja so that you always have access to homebrew :P

Or, because you are on N3DS, there is SmashHax, but that's unconvenient and requires a linux box from which you can send wireless signals.

Last edited by ,

OldSchoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way would be for you to have Ocarina of Time 3D or Cubic Ninja.

Updating to access the eShop and Badge Arcade means you lose menuhax and browserhax. You'd have to setup oot3dhax beforehand, or have Cubic Ninja so that you always have access to homebrew :P

By any chance, would the NA version of Ocarina of Time 3D work? (on JP n3DS)

I really hope so, considering that now I can use the Region Free launcher to play the game on this system...

Last edited by OldSchoolGamer,
D

Deleted-236924

It would not, because to run it region-free, you have to be in homebrew launcher already in the first place :P

OldSchoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll just forget about updating... since I care more about using the Region Free than the eShop.

Then if there's ever another easy method for me to use the Homebrew Launcher with the current firmware, I'll go ahead and update. So thanks again for the help you guys, I appreciate it.

Just one last question - since I won't be updating the firmware, does that mean there's no way to download updates for any game, regardless of whether they're digital or physical? I'm fine with that, I'm just asking to be sure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs