Hacking Custom IOS38 rev 14

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chA1nBull3t said:
BlackEnigma said:
It looks like Rev14 didn't harm my Rock Band 2 save data. The save just corrupted itself on its own. Thank goodness for compulsive nand backups. I used bootmii to restore my nand to Thursday of last week and re updated to Rev14 and my save is fine.

Hehe, you were making me nervous there for a minute
tongue.gif
. I remember when my RB2 saves got corrupted when I got a power-outage mid-game.
The savefile seems to be overly sensitive
wacko.gif

Yeah, I guess I'm realizing that now (about them being sensitive). I was inclined to put the blame on the cIOS since that was the last thing I did before the save wasn't working but after I saw it working again I tried to think if there was anytime today where I was careless with turning it off or something.

Too much goes into a Rock Band save for them to be treating people like that
smile.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This cIOS is excellent already just the reset bug fix is worth it alone, now we just have to wait for the nand emulation software and wiiware/vc loading from usb

gamer220

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your able to load backup games thru the disc channel, does this mean there is no use in downloading CIOSCORP. DO they do the same thing? Can you see the banners and sound thru the disc channel with the backups?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess this doesn't fix all 002 errors.

I just tried launching Wii Sports Resort using Waninkoko's USB Loader (1.0 or 1.1) as a game channel WAD and immediately got the 002 error. I haven't gotten the game to work, but I don't want to have to use neogamma or any other USB loader - unless they can be stripped and launched from a game-specific WAD.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gamer220 said:
If your able to load backup games thru the disc channel, does this mean there is no use in downloading CIOSCORP. DO they do the same thing? Can you see the banners and sound thru the disc channel with the backups?

As for now It can do anything from System Menu, load the banner, sounds, even load the game.

But, depending on the game IOS to use it's the effect it will outcome to.

Now, cIOSCorp replaces all IOS, when this is nothing like it.

Just patch your ISOs to use IOS249 and you'll have better results that cIOSCorp.

On the other hand, I think SoftCorp will be modified to copy the working DIP from Rev14 and inject to every other IOS and cIOSCorp v3 will be born.

But since I'm not responsable for this, this is just my point of view.

Wait and see.

EDIT: Ghostbuster still runs into Error002, not sure what this means then: QUOTE[ CIOS38 rev 14 ]:

- Support for games with new error 002.
- DIP plugin updated (cover commands emulation fixed).
- ES plugin updated.
- FFS plugin updated.
- EHCI module improved.
- SDHC module improved.
- FAT module improved.
- Implemented new anti error 001 system.
- Anti error 002 system removed.
- NAND emulation system added (from SD/USB device).
- Content override system added (from SD/USB device).
- System Menu support (Disc Channel works again).
- Installer support for cBoot2.
- Installer support for all IOS.
- Some bugs fixed.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Best cIOS release so far everything works so far so good! I can't wait for the NAND Emulator in the near future I'm backing up my NAND now in preparation for it! 2GB System Menu 3.2U this is going to be fun! But I have 1 question whatever you do on the NAND emulator will it affect the wii in anyway? for example installing WADS & updating system menu Wii that NAND on your SD Card?

There should be a program that can configure the NAND emulator. After the release so it can be fully customized in every way! if there were to be a program it should let you select system menu versions of 3.2,3.3,3.4,4.0,4.1 + Preloader Hacks too and have a region choice of USA,PAL,JPN, & KOR and Allows you to shop from Any Region USA,PAL,AUS,JPN, & KOR, Install .bin & decrypted Saves, Istall Packed WAD's and Unpacked WAD'S, Brick Finder incase if you were to brick and it finds the brick and fixes the brick! and many more ideas I can't think of at the moment if you come up with ideas post them on up I'd like to see others ideas I can't create programs but I'd like to see it happen:).

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if I missed something along the way, but last I knew, the RB2 DLC wasn´t working in USB loaders.

I´ve tried it now with the new cIOS and USB Loader GX, and still no go.

Are you guys using the disc channel, or a USB loader?

Booting a new game without powering down the Wii works, and that alone was worth the wait. (I keep forgetting that!)

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Logan said:
I don't know whether its just the placebo effect or something, but anyone else think the games boot up a lot faster with rev 14?
no placebo effect, the games are booting up really fast:D
beside the reset glitch i noticed that he also fixed some wiiconnect24 issue, because i can now download the latest data in mario kart channel
gbasp.gif

bow.gif
great work once again!!!
bow.gif

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
warfab said:
Wii be waiting for 14b. SDHC loading doesn't work for my on any loader.

What makes you think there will be a 14b there was only a 13a to fix a quick error in 13 and it was a first. this release was proper so dont hold your breath youll be seeing a 15 before a 14b (However rev14 is the last cIOS by waninkoko to be ever released according to him.)

xxxx1234 said:
QUOTE(slicknixon @ Jul 27 2009, 12:41 AM) just updated to rev14 and now none of the usb loaders i try can recognize my usb drive. even when i go to a channel loader it doesn't work. i hooked my drive back into my pc and wbfs manager recognizes the drive still with all the games installed. looks like i'm going back to rev12

you suck wanin

You stupid kid, just unplug/change your usb drive. It is that simple.

Thank you this was established already. just keep reading

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Kakkoii said:
Error -1 is what HBB is giving also. HBB merely gives a description of the error instead of just saying Error ret -1.
All of those apps work fine for me with SDHC...do you have any other SD cards you can try? I'd also try reformatting the card (after backing everything on it up).

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I previously had cIOS Rev12 installed so I tried this with USB Loader GX. Deleted my config files and updated to the latest loader release. Now games that used to work without the 002 fix option on in USBLGX, need the fix to be applied. Seems like this cIOS went backwards in this aspect.

Also, tried playing The Conduit using this instead of IOS 223 and the Multiplayer Options screen still seems to freeze up, but not as often as previous Wanin cIOSs.

Can anyone point out any other obvious advantages they noticed (yes I read the changelog) to this besides running VC/WW titles from an external drive? I have an 8GB SDHC card so I don't see this as something that I really NEED at the moment.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]:
WAD Installation:
- Copy "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file to the root of a SD card

Is this the same WAD file used to install rev13b?

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jservs7 said:
I previously had cIOS Rev12 installed so I tried this with USB Loader GX. Deleted my config files and updated to the latest loader release. Now games that used to work without the 002 fix option on in USBLGX, need the fix to be applied. Seems like this cIOS went backwards in this aspect.

Also, tried playing The Conduit using this instead of IOS 223 and the Multiplayer Options screen still seems to freeze up, but not as often as previous Wanin cIOSs.

Can anyone point out any other obvious advantages they noticed (yes I read the changelog) to this besides running VC/WW titles from an external drive? I have an 8GB SDHC card so I don't see this as something that I really NEED at the moment.

his Nand Stuff is not using your Nand to load any of the Wiiware or VC or any of the stuff thats been emulated .. its running Directly from your SD/USB meaning No Write to your Wii Nand .. thus Saving your wii even more.. Since Nand Memory life span is based of writes ..

i think this will be kinda cool
smile.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skiller said:
jservs7 said:

his Nand Stuff is not using your Nand to load any of the Wiiware or VC or any of the stuff thats been emulated .. its running Directly from your SD/USB meaning No Write to your Wii Nand .. thus Saving your wii even more.. Since Nand Memory life span is based of writes ..

i think this will be kinda cool
smile.gif
Thanks for the detail Skiller.
smile.gif
This does sound promising.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
jservs7 said:

+-----------+
| CHANGELOG |
+-----------+
[ CIOS38 rev 14 ]:
- Anti error 002 system removed.

As stated in changelog this was removed

QUOTE(bosman @ Jul 26 2009, 08:58 PM) [ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]:
WAD Installation:
- Copy "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file to the root of a SD card

Is this the same WAD file used to install rev13b?

Yes it the same wad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-