Nirvana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
Nirvana said:
Yeah, you'll be able to run WiiWare/VC stuff off of a hard drive or USB stick.

I've installed rev14. I can confirm that the reset glitch has been fixed and that games that weren't working on 13b, such as Ghostbusters, works fine on 14.
Well, you installed it... why not confirm for yourself?

Uh, did you even read what I wrote?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyCheeks said:
I wouldn't recommend installing this. Unless you like having your USB loader reset back to the HBC/Wii Menu every time you attempt to load a game. Even trying to revert to a previous revision won't fix it.

What? It works just fine. I installed the minute it was released and tested a dozen games so far. Loads just fine, no more reset glitch....I'm more than happy
smile.gif
Thank you to everyone involved in the release! It might just be my imagination, but games seem to come up slightly quicker as well. I am using the latest USB Loader Config (v37) btw...

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

SDHC still isn't working properly in Wad Manager.

HBC can read and launch apps fine from my SDHC card. My Wii can read VC/Wiiware fine from it. MplayerCE can play movies fine off of it.

But Wad Manager 1.4 and HBB error trying to use the SDHC card. For WadManager it's Error ret -1. And for HBB it's says something along the lines of failing to initialize FAT system. Card may be placed in wrong. Which is ridiculous, because how else would I have launched HBB in the first place.

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyCheeks said:
I wouldn't recommend installing this. Unless you like having your USB loader reset back to the HBC/Wii Menu every time you attempt to load a game. Even trying to revert to a previous revision won't fix it.

obviously something is very wrong on your end. because games are loading fine for me from my USB HDD.

hellfire_5176

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Kakkoii said:
GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

HBC can read and launch apps fine from my SDHC card. My Wii can read VC/Wiiware fine from it. MplayerCE can play movies fine off of it.

But Wad Manager 1.4 and HBB error trying to use the SDHC card. For WadManager it's Error ret -1. And for HBB it's says something along the lines of failing to initialize FAT system. Card may be placed in wrong. Which is ridiculous, because how else would I have launched HBB in the first place.

HBC can launch apps from SDHC but is the apps the ones no recognizing the SDHC because they don't support it, altough HBB is weird it does that, but error -1 is definetly unnable to init the FAT system (read the SDHC)

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
JohnnyCheeks said:
I wouldn't recommend installing this. Unless you like having your USB loader reset back to the HBC/Wii Menu every time you attempt to load a game. Even trying to revert to a previous revision won't fix it. DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

If you're experiencing that issue, you're obviously running USB Loader GX, fix it by deleting your config files...

tongue.gif
I was about to post telling those to disregard that.
Neogamma works a treat and no longer dies if you quit to wii menu after running a game and load another game.
happy.gif
So all is good.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hellfire_5176 said:
QUOTE said:
Why is it when i download this file it say's

[ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]:

WAD Installation:

- Copy "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file to the root of a SD card.
- Insert the SD card on your Wii.
- Run the installer and select "WAD Installation".

but in the pack it's cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol?

it is illegal to share .wad files (unless they are WADer files)..!!
wink2.gif

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hellfire_5176 said:
[ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]:

WAD Installation:

- Copy "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file to the root of a SD card.
- Insert the SD card on your Wii.
- Run the installer and select "WAD Installation".

but in the pack it's cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol?

Those are the instructions for an offline install, if you have your wii connected to the internet, you can do a network install. Either way you should rename cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol to boot.dol and run it from the homebrew channel

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Kakkoii said:
GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

HBC can launch apps from SDHC but is the apps the ones no recognizing the SDHC because they don't support it, altough HBB is weird it does that, but error -1 is definetly unnable to init the FAT system (read the SDHC)
I know, but HBB and Wad Manager specifically state they support SDHC. And so do the cIOS's they use. Yet it doesn't work.

Error -1 is what HBB is giving also. HBB merely gives a description of the error instead of just saying Error ret -1.

slicknixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated to rev14 and now none of the usb loaders i try can recognize my usb drive. even when i go to a channel loader it doesn't work. i hooked my drive back into my pc and wbfs manager recognizes the drive still with all the games installed. looks like i'm going back to rev12

you suck wanin

Nirvana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slicknixon said:
just updated to rev14 and now none of the usb loaders i try can recognize my usb drive. even when i go to a channel loader it doesn't work. i hooked my drive back into my pc and wbfs manager recognizes the drive still with all the games installed. looks like i'm going back to rev12

you suck wanin

Works for everyone else. Have you tried updating your loaders?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slicknixon said:

you suck wanin

You should come off abit nicer and simply ASK why it was not working for you...and maybe someone would have been nice enough to tell you it is because you never swapped your HD to the OTHER usb port.

So, yeah, YOU suck.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ben. said:
JohnnyCheeks said:
I wouldn't recommend installing this. Unless you like having your USB loader reset back to the HBC/Wii Menu every time you attempt to load a game. Even trying to revert to a previous revision won't fix it. DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

If you're experiencing that issue, you're obviously running USB Loader GX, fix it by deleting your config files...

tongue.gif
I was about to post telling those to disregard that.
Neogamma works a treat and no longer dies if you quit to wii menu after running a game and load another game.
happy.gif
So all is good.
It seems to break USB Loader GX somewhat. So it looks like I'll be using NeoGamma in the meantime until they update it.

Never used NG before, HOLY CRAP is the UI plain and dull... But it does work very well, I can see the appeal of it being the swiss-army-knife of loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!