Homebrew Custom game icons tutorial and sharing hub

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Carnivores-Dinosaur-Hunt-icon001-[01005F5011AC4000].jpg Chroma-Quaternion-icon001-[01003F0014F32000].jpg LEGo-Builders-Journey-ICON002-[01005EE0140AE000].jpg Super-Magbot-icon002-[010018D013CAA000].jpg Wave-Break-icon001-[01006D801367E000].jpg

more added upto 4200 icons on the repo, a lot of covers/icons are for games not released as of yet

hetop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The .nsp uploaded by @8BitWonder works fine with ams 0.19.3, just rename to exefs.nsp
How did you get it to work? It seems impossible to me.

I started fresh by following this the guide from nh-server on github from start to finish, then I did exactly what it said in your first post, but using @8BitWonder uploaded files instead and renamed them as they should be, but I'm still stuck with the same error:

"A fatal error ocurred when running Atmosphere.
Program ID: 0100000000000004
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_000000000bc68b99.bin"

Should I post the .bin file here or is it not to any use for those other than Atmosphere developer?

Reactions: flaviometal

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How did you get it to work? It seems impossible to me.

I started fresh by following this the guide from nh-server on github from start to finish, then I did exactly what it said in your first post, but using @8BitWonder uploaded files instead and renamed them as they should be, but I'm still stuck with the same error:

"A fatal error ocurred when running Atmosphere.
Program ID: 0100000000000004
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_000000000bc68b99.bin"

Should I post the .bin file here or is it not to any use for those other than Atmosphere developer?
You could ask over reswitched discord

flaviometal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The .nsp uploaded by @8BitWonder works fine with ams 0.19.3, just rename to exefs.nsp
Can you send us your "00FF747765616BFF" working folder? Upload the compacted file, just to see if it works? Followed tutorial three or four times, but doesn't works for me. Like user @hetop, I'm using Atmos 0.19.3 / Hekate 5.5.6 / FW 12.0.2.

I'll appreciate you help. :switch: :yay:

Last edited by flaviometal,
Reactions: MAN-biker and hetop

hetop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can you send us your "00FF747765616BFF" working folder? Upload the compacted file, just to see if it works? Followed tutorial three or four times, but doesn't works for me. Like user @hetop, I'm using Atmos 0.19.3 / Hekate 5.5.6 / FW 12.0.2.

I'll appreciate you help. :switch: :yay:

I think I've somewhat solved it, although I'm completely new to the Switch-scene, so I'm not sure if what I'm doing now has any disadvantages or advantages over what I was doing before.

What I used to do, and what I suspect you did as well, was boot into RCM-mode and in TegraRCMGUI I selected fusee-primary.bin to try and boot into Atmosphere. That did not work and I got the abovementioned error.

What did work, however, was selecting hekate_ctaer_5.5.6.bin instead, click on Launch and then click on Atmosphere F550 EmuMMC. That way it booted into Atmosphere without issues and I could use sys-tweak however I wanted.

The reason I used fusee-primary.bin and not hekate_ctaer_5.5.6.bin is because with Hekate-payload I have to manually click two more times just to launch the OS, whilst with Fusee-payload it boots straight into Atmosphere without me having to click on anything else. But if you boot into Hekate and click on Options, then on Auto Boot OFF and click on Atmosphere F550 EmuMMC it should now say Auto Boot ON and the next time you send the Hekate.payload it should boot you straight into Atmosphere.

If you want to get back to Hekate at any time, instead of it autobooting into Atmosphere, after you've sent the Hekate-payload, and when it says Hekate IPL Custom NX Bootloader on the screen, click and hold VOL- and it should launch you back into Hekate.

Hope it was informative and understandable and might help anyone else who encounters this issue.

Reactions: flaviometal

flaviometal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I've somewhat solved it, although I'm completely new to the Switch-scene, so I'm not sure if what I'm doing now has any disadvantages or advantages over what I was doing before.

What I used to do, and what I suspect you did as well, was boot into RCM-mode and in TegraRCMGUI I selected fusee-primary.bin to try and boot into Atmosphere. That did not work and I got the abovementioned error.

What did work, however, was selecting hekate_ctaer_5.5.6.bin instead, click on Launch and then click on Atmosphere F550 EmuMMC. That way it booted into Atmosphere without issues and I could use sys-tweak however I wanted.

The reason I used fusee-primary.bin and not hekate_ctaer_5.5.6.bin is because with Hekate-payload I have to manually click two more times just to launch the OS, whilst with Fusee-payload it boots straight into Atmosphere without me having to click on anything else. But if you boot into Hekate and click on Options, then on Auto Boot OFF and click on Atmosphere F550 EmuMMC it should now say Auto Boot ON and the next time you send the Hekate.payload it should boot you straight into Atmosphere.

If you want to get back to Hekate at any time, instead of it autobooting into Atmosphere, after you've sent the Hekate-payload, and when it says Hekate IPL Custom NX Bootloader on the screen, click and hold VOL- and it should launch you back into Hekate.

Hope it was informative and understandable and might help anyone else who encounters this issue.

Oh, that's cool! Sadly, I don't use that "Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC" option. My hekate ini file only has options Atmosphere 0.19.3, Atmosphere 0.19.3 (Sysnand) and Oficial Firmware. Never used Emunand, too. Even tried to setup a fresh new Hekate from scratch, but nothing seems to work. Even so, thanks for the tips!

EDIT: It worked! I'm thinking has something to do with Incognito. Tried to boot the "Force Sysnand" Hekate option (without Incognito), and sys-tweak works. Thanks!

Last edited by flaviometal,
Reactions: hetop

hetop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, that's cool! Sadly, I don't use that "Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC" option. My hekate ini file only has options Atmosphere 0.19.3, Atmosphere 0.19.3 (Sysnand) and Oficial Firmware. Never used Emunand, too. Even tried to setup a fresh new Hekate from scratch, but nothing seems to work. Even so, thanks for the tips!

EDIT: It worked! I'm thinking has something to do with Incognito. Tried to boot the "Force Sysnand" Hekate option (without Incognito), and sys-tweak works. Thanks!

It doesn't have to be named FSS0, that's just what mine is called. The one called Atmosphere, without the (Sysnand) is probably your Emunand. Glad you got it working either way. :)

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
so to make it clear if one is on atmospher 0.19.3 and fw 12,0,2, one cannot boot directly into atmosphere via fusee.primary.bin? You need to boot via hekate? Is this because of sys-tweak?

hetop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so to make it clear if one is on atmospher 0.19.3 and fw 12,0,2, one cannot boot directly into atmosphere via fusee.primary.bin? You need to boot via hekate? Is this because of sys-tweak?

You might be able to get it working, and maybe not. Me and @flaviometal couldn't get it booting the normal way, but according to @cucholix it should work with Atmosphere:

Although I'm not sure if they booted with fusee-primary.bin or via Hekate. Would be best to ask them, or try for yourself and see what works for you and what doesn't.

flaviometal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It doesn't have to be named FSS0, that's just what mine is called. The one called Atmosphere, without the (Sysnand) is probably your Emunand. Glad you got it working either way. :)

Got it. In my case, I'm using a modified version of Hekate, called "GomaNX". The author of this pack uses 3 selections on his boot: Sysnand/Emunand (Atmos with Incognito ON), just Sysnand (Atmos with Incognito OFF), and the Oficial HOS. The middle option (just Atmos on Sysnand) was the option that worked for me. With oficial version of Hekate, that's must be de middle option too.

dracinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I get a black screen when I try to use it but it boots fine when the folder is deleted.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compiled this so people won't have to keep using fss0 through Hekate. If you have issues, update AMS to the latest version.

This should fix the fatal error from 0100000000000004.
What change(s) did you make?

I updated libs for AMS 0.19.3 on my fork but was able to boot through both fusee/fss0 with the build from earlier and my forked build, so I figured no update would be necessary.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I use Lital's compilation and it works.

Previously i cannot boot my switch to cfw because of the old files. It suddenly turns off after the atmosphere logo.

Lital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I updated libs for AMS 0.19.3 on my fork but was able to boot through both fusee/fss0 with the build from earlier and my forked build, so I figured no update would be necessary.
I updated my libs, libnx-master and atmosphere-libs. I'm learning how to compile on the fly coming from no experience. All I know for sure is that it runs on fusee-primary for me now and it didn't before. Haha.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I'm having trouble building yours I'm getting this error. "fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory"

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble building yours I'm getting this error. "fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory"
Double-check that you have switch-libjpeg-turbo installed in DKP.

Edit:
I can also just attach a build from my fork if it's still being bothersome.
Includes an NSP with and without logging enabled.

Attachments

• build.zip
    166.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: hetop

flaviometal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Compiled this so people won't have to keep using fss0 through Hekate. If you have issues, update AMS to the latest version.

This should fix the fatal error from 0100000000000004.
Thanks, man! I'll try and come back to tell if worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt