1. Draxxon

Draxxon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The "Arcade" L:egends Flashback with 50 games is identical to the more common version. Its just a different shell. everthing works the same.

You cannot add box art toroms in the "game" folder. only the "rom" folder.

check and make sure you have the proper firmware and scripts.

Last edited by Draxxon, Aug 12, 2020
  2. relaxxx

relaxxx Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm looking at the V2.8.4 instructions and the first step says copy retroplayer.ini... There is no file. Do I use the file from 2.6 download?

Ummm... I guess, it worked.

I was like, "what in the world is OVERLOCK?" It is overclock... BTW has anyone checked the CPU temps? Because these have no heatsinks at all.

Well, I grabbed a SMS ROM to test, Wonder Boy In Monster Land... it loads but unplayable. The boy is stuck and falls through the screen! Not a great start.

Another weird thing about this game box, the power button is a physical on/off button. That means there is no proper software shutdown. Possible corruption issue? I already corrupted my SD card playing with this firmware for 30 mins.
    -
    Hey, I found out that the ROMS you copy to the GAME folder are not sorted alphabetically. They are sorted in the order that they are copied. Windows File Explorer is not good at copying file in exact order. I used an Android TV box with ES File Explorer to copy MD ROMS and they all turned out in order. Then I copied some NES ROMS and they all show up in order AFTER all of the MD ROMS.

Last edited by relaxxx, Oct 27, 2020
  3. rrifonas

OP rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't looked at this CFW in a while but you can use the same retroplayer from 2.6 or not use any retroplayer as the settings are stored in a read-only file in the emulator partition.

It's overclock... a typo... I've never checked the temps (connecting this device over UART is terrible) but it doesn't create a lot of heat and I used some very conservative values (if I recall it was 1.1GHz or 1.3GHz, this CPU can work in theory at 1.5GHz)

This issue with Wonder Boy in Monster Land is the same issue a 'real' Genesis has when loading this game with a Genesis controller. There is a setting in genesisplus-gx to choose the controller type but I'm pretty sure it's global.

And yes, if you moved the partitions to the SD Card, it might corrupt at some point. The original firmware is still available in the AtGames website and you can always re-apply it if the CFW doesn't work for you, this CFW is just a hack to try to make this device more useful. The overclock is also reversible. This thread have some great information if you want to open the img file to improve or customize it.

Last edited by rrifonas, Oct 28, 2020
    relaxxx likes this.
  4. relaxxx

relaxxx Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks. CFW is a big improvement. You should do a max 1.5Ghz overclock update for people who want to push it. I took it apart and the CPU didn't seem too warm actually. Plus I can stick on a heatsink, no problem about that. Weird about that Wonderboy IML SMS bug, you'd think all the emulator codes would have patched that issue ages ago. It was literally the first ROM I tried.

5. relaxxx

relaxxx Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    How do we know that the V2.8.4 overclock is actually in effect? I can't find any difference in performance. I also tested the temperature between OFW and CFW and the CFW was actually one degree cooler. Basically nil, margin of error. What I did was run GnG on demo for 25 minutes with each FW, with the cover off, and check the APU with an IR thermometer. If it was overclocked then it should have been a little bit warmer. It runs very cool for a ARM APU with no heatsink, 37C vs 36C.

6. hossbags2

hossbags2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do i need to install both updates. I have the LF2018 and mainly want the arcade games. Also what mame/fba rom sets should I get.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Flashback, Firmware, Atgames