Custom Firmware for Atgames Legends Flashback with support for Arcade games

Deleted member 502272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legends Flashback 2019 standard edition has a new official firmware that was released on the 12th. The 2019 Deluxe version got one today.

Looks like they fixed the Jungle Book and Donald Duck game. They also resolved the missing games. (SSW2, SSW3, and Immortals)

they did not fix the NES A~B button issue and you still cannot remap the buttons with Hold R+Start.

I have had some time to test the unreleased CFW for the LFB2019. You can get colecovision games to run off the SD Card after all. Here are the new 2019 versions of the game thumbnails if you want to swap the ones on your 2018 version.

Attachments

• LFB2019_Art_Pack.rar
    7.6 MB · Views: 323
  • moo_SuperStreetFighterII.zip.png
    moo_SuperStreetFighterII.zip.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by Deleted member 502272,

simplyretrogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have a confirmation of which ROMs are compatible with the Legends Flashback 2019, currently Atari 2600, NES and Genesis ROMs have worked for me and show on the SD card section, but can't seem to get SNES, MAME or other ROMs to detect?

rrifonas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have a confirmation of which ROMs are compatible with the Legends Flashback 2019, currently Atari 2600, NES and Genesis ROMs have worked for me and show on the SD card section, but can't seem to get SNES, MAME or other ROMs to detect?
The systems you mentioned are the ones working. I think SNES work if the rom has .fig extension. Arcade ROMs will not work.

RushHQ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. It seems with mame I have only gotten The Simpsons (4 Player) to work. Everything else (besides Mortal Kombat II with visual issues) will not work and will just take me back to the menu. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with the flashback?(I kinda wanted to play Ms.Pacman) I have the earliest model.​

Last edited by RushHQ,

RushHQ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. It seems with mame I have only gotten The Simpsons (4 Player) to work. Everything else (besides Mortal Kombat II with visual issues) will not work and will just take me back to the menu. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with the flashback?(I kinda wanted to play Ms.Pacman) I have the earliest model.​
Nevermind! Turns out the roms I was using were from a corrupted source.

Franky32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legends Flashback 2019 standard edition has a new official firmware that was released on the 12th. The 2019 Deluxe version got one today.

Looks like they fixed the Jungle Book and Donald Duck game. They also resolved the missing games. (SSW2, SSW3, and Immortals)

they did not fix the NES A~B button issue and you still cannot remap the buttons with Hold R+Start.

I have had some time to test the unreleased CFW for the LFB2019. You can get colecovision games to run off the SD Card after all. Here are the new 2019 versions of the game thumbnails if you want to swap the ones on your 2018 version.

Hi!

I've have the LFB2019 Deluxe model and I've got the 2600 stuff working (via the SD card) just fine. Will the CFW allow the use of thumbnails/art, like the awesome sets that you've been creating?

Thanks!

rrifonas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I've have the LFB2019 Deluxe model and I've got the 2600 stuff working (via the SD card) just fine. Will the CFW allow the use of thumbnails/art, like the awesome sets that you've been creating?

Thanks!
Don't try using this CFW with the Legends Flashback 2019. It's for 2018 version. There is no CFW for this console.

Reactions: Franky32

Franky32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try using this CFW with the Legends Flashback 2019. It's for 2018 version. There is no CFW for this console.
Apologies if I posted incorrectly, I was trying to reply to Draxxon: He mentioned, "I have had some time to test the unreleased CFW for the LFB2019", so I was curious about the unreleased CFW. When will it be released? I am certainly willing to help test, if needed! I was hoping to use the 2600 thumbnail/art packages that Draxxon compiled for the Flashback 9/X machines...assuming that a CFW was available for the LFB2019...I already have A26 roms working on mine, but without the custom art...

Thanks!

rrifonas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if I posted incorrectly, I was trying to reply to Draxxon: He mentioned, "I have had some time to test the unreleased CFW for the LFB2019", so I was curious about the unreleased CFW. When will it be released? I am certainly willing to help test, if needed! I was hoping to use the 2600 thumbnail/art packages that Draxxon compiled for the Flashback 9/X machines...assuming that a CFW was available for the LFB2019...I already have A26 roms working on mine, but without the custom art...

Thanks!

I did not proceed with CFW for the Legends FB 2019 after the last update from AtGames. They included encryption for games stored in the emulator partition, so I think they don't want to see the partition exposed.
Also, there are 2 versions (Normal and Deluxe, so 2 versions to support) and they changed their retroplayer in a way that made the arcade games support to be sub-optimal;you can't add credits easily with the controller included.

Franky32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not proceed with CFW for the Legends FB 2019 after the last update from AtGames. They included encryption for games stored in the emulator partition, so I think they don't want to see the partition exposed.
Also, there are 2 versions (Normal and Deluxe, so 2 versions to support) and they changed their retroplayer in a way that made the arcade games support to be sub-optimal;you can't add credits easily with the controller included.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the info! I really wanted to get Draxxon's art pack to work, but I'm not willing to buy another poopy device from AtGames. I'll be switching to a Retron 77/Stella 6.1 soon...

Dinsdale5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rrifonas I know that you haven't done a CFW for the Legends FB 2019. I do have an odd issue though that perhaps you can help with? One of the games, "Humans" shows a placeholder on the menu but there is no box art and the game fails to load. While this is not really a major issue as I can play the rom through the SD card option, its more of the principle of the thing that it's not working. Have you seen this? The issue was larger with two other Star Wars titles not working in the same manner but AtGames posted a new Firmware update Feb 14th that partially corrected the issue but "Humans" remains missing.

Deleted member 502272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the info! I really wanted to get Draxxon's art pack to work, but I'm not willing to buy another poopy device from AtGames. I'll be switching to a Retron 77/Stella 6.1 soon...

The A.T.A.R.I. Art Pack will work on the AFB9s or the AFBXs. At some point it should be easy to pick one up cheap.

The Arcade Flyer/Boxart Art Pack and the LFB2019 New Art Pack are for the older LFB2018 with the CFW. I'm sure you can pick one of those up cheaply. No Atari2600 or ColecoVision support though. The idea with these is if you want to add a lot of games to you main game list convert the atgames thumbnails to flyers and box art, so you can easily add more stuff that matches, instead of creating similar atgames style thumbnails, which sucks btw. The 2nd, New Art pack is if you wanted to turn your 2018 into a 2019 or 2019 deluxe in appearance. And to be completely honest, for some reason no one cares if you build a pack of 1000+ Atari roms and share them, for whatever reason, don't ask me. With this system, however, I wouldn't create all in one art and rom packs. Just some art only packs to start you guys on your own lists. Just because of how much larger in size these games are, and *chough* Nintendo *cough* Disney.

I thought the unreleased CFW for the LFB2019 worked great. I had hoped to create art packs for it as well. But for reasons stated above it was never released. I totally get it though, the new replacement roms for the broken Disney games were encrypted and put in the emulator partition. They would have been distributed in the CFW files.

At this point you basically want to find a 2018 unit. With the new CFW you can add all the new 2019's built in games and artwork to it easily. The unreleased CFW was for the 2019 standard edition, one wasn't made for the deluxe to my knowledge, so Atari 2600 was not supported. It also broke Fix-It Felix Jr. while the CFW was running. the CFW didn't dump sub folders, which Fix-It Felix was structured as. (IIRC rrifonas said it was the PC version) Removing the sd card and playing normal would allow you to play Fix-It Felix again. I'm sure most if not all of these issues could have been resolved. I personally run my Atari roms on the AFB9/X. But basically ColecoVision is all that was gained. And on a side note D+Start for adding coins was removed as an option on atgames side of things, as rrifonas stated above. pressing menu on a 6 button OG sega pad or the menu button twice fast on the unit is how you added coins. vertical shooters got stretched. that's about all I remember.

I still have a 2nd LFB2019 running the CFW, colecovision romset is running from the SD Card but its not ideal to play coleco on a 6 button pad. the onscreen coleco controller pops up when playing the roms from the sd card, so that's good. I didn't do anything with the main game list menu except test stuff, I never modded it or added any games. My idea at this point with this unit is to have it be its own thing running only the colecovision games set.

Franky32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The A.T.A.R.I. Art Pack will work on the AFB9s or the AFBXs. At some point it should be easy to pick one up cheap.

The Arcade Flyer/Boxart Art Pack and the LFB2019 New Art Pack are for the older LFB2018 with the CFW. I'm sure you can pick one of those up cheaply. No Atari2600 or ColecoVision support though. The idea with these is if you want to add a lot of games to you main game list convert the atgames thumbnails to flyers and box art, so you can easily add more stuff that matches, instead of creating similar atgames style thumbnails, which sucks btw. The 2nd, New Art pack is if you wanted to turn your 2018 into a 2019 or 2019 deluxe in appearance. And to be completely honest, for some reason no one cares if you build a pack of 1000+ Atari roms and share them, for whatever reason, don't ask me. With this system, however, I wouldn't create all in one art and rom packs. Just some art only packs to start you guys on your own lists. Just because of how much larger in size these games are, and *chough* Nintendo *cough* Disney.

I thought the unreleased CFW for the LFB2019 worked great. I had hoped to create art packs for it as well. But for reasons stated above it was never released. I totally get it though, the new replacement roms for the broken Disney games were encrypted and put in the emulator partition. They would have been distributed in the CFW files.

At this point you basically want to find a 2018 unit. With the new CFW you can add all the new 2019's built in games and artwork to it easily. The unreleased CFW was for the 2019 standard edition, one wasn't made for the deluxe to my knowledge, so Atari 2600 was not supported. It also broke Fix-It Felix Jr. while the CFW was running. the CFW didn't dump sub folders, which Fix-It Felix was structured as. (IIRC rrifonas said it was the PC version) Removing the sd card and playing normal would allow you to play Fix-It Felix again. I'm sure most if not all of these issues could have been resolved. I personally run my Atari roms on the AFB9/X. But basically ColecoVision is all that was gained. And on a side note D+Start for adding coins was removed as an option on atgames side of things, as rrifonas stated above. pressing menu on a 6 button OG sega pad or the menu button twice fast on the unit is how you added coins. vertical shooters got stretched. that's about all I remember.

I still have a 2nd LFB2019 running the CFW, colecovision romset is running from the SD Card but its not ideal to play coleco on a 6 button pad. the onscreen coleco controller pops up when playing the roms from the sd card, so that's good. I didn't do anything with the main game list menu except test stuff, I never modded it or added any games. My idea at this point with this unit is to have it be its own thing running only the colecovision games set.

Lots of great info here, thanks! I've not been able to find an affordable Flashback X and I'm not wanting to pay much for a device that won't run games like Galagon, because of the older version of Stella. The Flashback 9s seem more affordable (and a great way to use your boxart sets) but they don't support paddles. From what I can tell, my LFB Deluxe runs 2600 games as well as the 9/X except that I can't get actual Atari controllers to work (I'm stuck using Genesis style units) and it doesn't support customization beyond adding roms to SD. In the meantime, maybe I will get a 2018 LFB as they are cheap and easy to find!

Okieoneshinobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have most of my games running in the All Games, Featured, Console, and Arcade sections, but now I cannot save the games. How do I fix that? What file extentions work for custom images? Is it just .png images, or can I use gifs and video files? Also with the music, are there other audio file extensions which work? Is there any way to change the Arcade, Console, and Featured sections to another name? In the all-games.ini, does Platform do anything, and if so, what are the proper names for the platforms? Has anyone made custom art yet? Or where can I upload my background art sk others can ese it?

Deleted member 502272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember CHD files work but bin/cue runs better.
Custom images are in PNG format.
OGG is the BG music format.
I don't know how to change the names of the sections. You would need to ask rrifonas.
I don't think "platform" does anything.
Not sure why your games aren't saving.
I've made custom thumbnails packs for the LFB2018. They are posted in this thread.
I've made a shit ton of packs for the Atari FB9/X, which is the exact same thing.

rrifonas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to rename the sections, it's hardcoded in the menu.
About games not saving, try to remove some games from the sections and place them as 'sd card' games instead.

Genycis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to ask this question out of curiosity. Is it at all possible with any tweaking to Roms or other alternatives, to get TurboGrafx 16 Roms to work on the AtGames Legends Flashback (50 game system)?

I've managed, with the firmware mod from this forum (thank you rrifonas and anyone else involved) to get NES roms to work, SNES roms to work, Genesis roms to load up, and even a Sega Master System attempt.

However, I tried TurboGrafx 16 roms but no luck at all on that (was hoping to play Neutopia and Dungeon Explorer lol). I've also tried Colecovision games but can't seem to get Coleco roms to load up at all.

I've tried to download an arcade game or two (like Pac Man or Bagman) but not even sure if it's possible to load them or how to convert all the files into one file that loads up in AtGames.

Any thoughts or advice on how, if at all possible, to get any of these types of Roms to work?

Also, one final question regarding button configurations... is there any recommendations to SNES games as to how to get certain buttons to work? My son tried playing Super Metroid but for some reason, we couldn't figure out how to get a button to fire, or if there's a way to configure in game (as I know the Super NES joypad had A, B, X, Y, and L, and R, along with Start and Select, and the AtGames is missing an actual "Select" button)?

Sorry for the questions... thanks in advance to anyone that can shed any light.

Deleted member 502272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
turbografx is not supported. you would need to create a new CFW and swap in the TG core and lose a current core. if its even possible. Rrifonas?

colecovison is only on the 2019 unit, and there is no CFW for it.

the controller lacks a button for snes select.

Besides nes, snes, genesis and master system you can also run sg-1000, game gear, sega cd, mame arcade and final burn alpha arcade games. how to do that is all in this thread.

I'm pretty sure all of this has been covered already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse