Hardware Custom Cooling Solution: Will Keep Your Switch From Bending or Cracking!

Are you using any form of cooling?

• No. Let it burn baby!

• I will now. Thanks.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a dock shell off ebay, and it helped prevent the bending and scratches... but the vents cracked anyway. Seemingly for no reason, as it never left the dock before or after the vent cracks appeared.

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 135439 Ever since the news of switches bending last year and now with the cracks I've always been concerned with overheating. This works perfectly for me as the switch barely gets warm even after hours of playing. Anybody done something similar? Post your cooling solution.

how does this cooling solution work? the smurf cools it down because it kills all sexual energy inside house?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have heard some ppl plug a usb-powered mini fan beside switch.:lol:

anyone recommnd a good, quiet usb fan?

Reactions: comput3rus3r

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
yep Switch really does bend from heat cause of the BADLY designed dock friend of my does repairs and he did tests his Switch started bending after only a week in the dock with not that much of playing time but now there are small dock cases foe the original dock board attach to that 1200rpm PC Fan and you are good

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Nintendo cheaped out and didn't put any metal or plastic mid-frame in the switch. The backplate is directly attached to the sides. So if it bends under heat the sides will bend too. You know how hot switch can get. It's like using a heat gun on an piece of ABS plastic. When the plastic is heated a tiny amount of external force will cause it to bend. If there is a midframe attached to the sides then we wouldn't have this problem. Do whatever you want to minimize the risk but it will bend eventually.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about cracks, but my switch is bent a bit, can't really tell during use, I've read about this a lot because I used to think about exchanging it, and it seems that the metal body only lets it bend a bit, then it will stop.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
i've seen dead units cause of very big bend and they usually bend right where the tegra chip is and the chip dies

Damn... screen scratches, faulty sticks, now bending. Nin thinks it's okay to sell something this untested?

and yes Nintendo really pushed Switch with lots of issues i've never seen console with that many problems and seen how many units just die for now reason cause of Bad power or video chip is mind blowing atleast 70% of dead units are cause of these two chips if they are not dropped or something + it appears that even Nintendo official dock cause most issue scratches overheating and frying those two chips

thats why i went and got 2 units and now looking for a 3th one its good to have backups with such a problematic piece of tech

Last edited by LyuboA,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i've seen dead units cause of very big bend and they usually bend right where the tegra chip is and the chip dies

and yes Nintendo really pushed Switch with lots of issues i've never seen console with that many problems and seen how many units just die for now reason cause of Bad power or video chip is mind blowing atleast 70% of dead units are cause of these two chips if they are not dropped or something + it appears that even Nintendo official dock cause most issue scratches overheating and frying those two chips

thats why i went and got 2 units and now looking for a 3th one its good to have backups with such a problematic piece of tech
Such a shame that those first revisions may remain only hackable units for good. I guess we better watch out for what we have.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Such a shame that those first revisions may remain only hackable units for good. I guess we better watch out for what we have.

i'm sure they will hack the pached units too but i think they are waiting for the Pro to come out next year so they can work on Marico revision which is what pro is moslty likely going to use too but yes we should take care of our unpached units theres still sold with new stock unpached units but its a luck to get one you can get two with the same serial and one to be pached and the other not Nintendo seems to be cleaning old unpached boards with the new pached for little confusion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo