Hacking Custom Backgrounds for USB Loaders

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two backgrounds I pieced together for WiiShizzza's USB Loader Ultimate v7.2...

fairyusbloader.png

photousbloader.png

Enjoy!
yay.gif

wiinublet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My usb loader to match my crazy intro. Works with v7.4. non wide screen.
80272711.png

Change the following in your config.txt file:

Code:
 console_coords = 40,71,340,290
covers_coords = 440,57
console_color = 15,0

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are a few I threw together today (got bored for a few minutes)

V7 Ultimate - Widescreen (16x9)

console_color=15,0
wconsole_coords=38,71,338,290
wcovers_coords=444,110

DarkNTSC7416x9_Kosaic.png

Red_Sky_Kosaic_16x9.png

Ducati_Kosaic_16x9.png

Stars_Kosaic_16x9.png

Porsche_Kosaic_16x9.png

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
background.png

i am not an artist and it is super basic. i use paint not photoshop because i don't have those skills. the discrepancies are minor and they are hidden by a lot of the GUI. when you flip between games and the cover art disappears for a second you see Samus's cannon in your face. i think it is pretty cool and it looks good on my 50" TV.

EDIT: it is widescreen and i have it set so the cover art is on the left (the top edge of the box comes up just short of samus's helmet so it is never block by the cover art) and the console is on the right. i don't feel the need to outline the console or the cover art especially since the cover art disappears for a second when you scroll through games. i use the GUI USB Loader and the cover coordinates are 20,92. everything else is default.

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
that's not a proper skin
It will work. It just wont have the black box with titles. The titles instead would be using the image as background and no legend for the buttons. An image is an image. Whether he has boxes or not, if its the correct format and file extension, it will work.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iazybandit said:
Bladexdsl said:
that's not a proper skin
It will work. It just wont have the black box with titles. The titles instead would be using the image as background and no legend for the buttons. An image is an image. Whether he has boxes or not, if its the correct format and file extension, it will work.

it does work.

i don't have a legend for the buttons because i am using the GUI USB Loader and the buttons are implemented into the loader itself.
this loader also has the console part implemented so the titles are in a sleek white box not just displayed over the image.
the loader basically saves me a ton of work and since i am not very artistic, it is easy for me to make a simple background and still have it come out looking good in the loader.

i wasn't aware that you all were making skins for a specific loader. what are you using? SD/USB Loader 1.5?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7