Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm seeing tons of folks advertising their etsy shops selling these on Facebook.
Yep. I wish they didn't but I gave up trying to stop them.

Attachments

• Back.png
    Back.png
    699.9 KB · Views: 57

Golgo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Random11 im sure this has been asked, and I did try looking on the forums.... do you have just the character art for the 30th anniversary characters? Or a place I could find them (ive tried google..) thanks

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Random11 im sure this has been asked, and I did try looking on the forums.... do you have just the character art for the 30th anniversary characters? Or a place I could find them (ive tried google..) thanks

Google is where I got them. Same with the maps for the backgrounds.

Edit: some images I had to photoshop to make them look exactly like the box art like wolf link.

Last edited by Random11,

Golgo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google is where I got them. Same with the maps for the backgrounds.

Edit: some images I had to photoshop to make them look exactly like the box art like wolf link.

cool thanks! Any chance you could tell me the font used on the Smash Bros cards? Appreciate all your help!

Golgo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"ITC Avant Garde Gothic Pro" its not 100% the same as the box, it has some very minor differences IIRC but its the one I used.

thanks so much! I had meant to say too, I saw that you use rubber cement for gluing your cards together... Have you tried Mod Podge paper? I use that with excellent results!!

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks so much! I had meant to say too, I saw that you use rubber cement for gluing your cards together... Have you tried Mod Podge paper? I use that with excellent results!!
Ive never heard of "mod podge paper" before, ill look it up. I like rubber cement because it doesnt make a mess. If you happen to get some on the table or on the front of the card you can easily rub it off. But obviously if someone is comfortable using what they're using than thats all that matters.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it better to print on some type of paper and paste on the card or straight into the card?

When you say "the card" do you mean a pvc card? If you are talking about the PVC cards then its cheaper and probably easier to paste onto them with a label paper. See my credit card sized images for best results.

If you just mean paste paper over top of a sheet of card stock in order to make a card then I would say its easier to just print directly onto the card stock. Assuming your printer can do that.

DarkAngelPW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you say "the card" do you mean a pvc card? If you are talking about the PVC cards then its cheaper and probably easier to paste onto them with a label paper. See my credit card sized images for best results.

If you just mean paste paper over top of a sheet of card stock in order to make a card then I would say its easier to just print directly onto the card stock. Assuming your printer can do that.

I'm tempted to use these http://www.ebay.com/itm/100x-NTAG21...hash=item4d5984b771:m:m8UghBEocHRVNgeTUI9zo9g (If you know of another better, I accept suggestion, i'm from brazil)
I had not thought about it but it seems a good idea to use adhesive paper
Something I need to know, how to spec or something else to use your arts and get a great job
I do not have a printer so I'll have to take it to a printer or computer store
Thank you for your help

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm tempted to use these http://www.ebay.com/itm/100x-NTAG21...hash=item4d5984b771:m:m8UghBEocHRVNgeTUI9zo9g (If you know of another better, I accept suggestion, i'm from brazil)
I had not thought about it but it seems a good idea to use adhesive paper
Something I need to know, how to spec or something else to use your arts and get a great job
I do not have a printer so I'll have to take it to a printer or computer store
Thank you for your help
So basically you have two options. Get NFC tags as PVC cards like the ones you linked or as stickers. If you get the stickers you will have to craft the card yourself by getting the images printed onto a card stock, sandwiching the sticker in between the front and back of the card and gluing everything together. If you get the PVC cards, you can use shipping label paper and cut out around the cards or buy a really expensive ID card printer, or buy inkjet printable cards which need a specific printer but its at least much cheaper then the id card printer.

If you arent very crafty the PVC cards with shipping labels would probably be best. Go here for the images that are formatted for those cards http://gbatemp.net/threads/random11s-credit-card-sized-amiibo-cards.465999/ you can also find more info about how to print them and other options for PVC cards in that thread.

amphallang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Random11,

Love your work here, I kept seeing these cards all over eBay and Etsy, I am interested in you have anymore work on the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo? I just got my in from Japan and was going to start up some designs. Please keep up the greatness!

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Random11,

Love your work here, I kept seeing these cards all over eBay and Etsy, I am interested in you have anymore work on the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo? I just got my in from Japan and was going to start up some designs. Please keep up the greatness!
I could make the rest of the monster hunter stories cards I guess. I only made the template because I couldn't find good quality images of the characters. If someone knows of some hi-res renders for those amiibo that would help

D

Deleted User

Hi @Random11. Made an account to say thanks for these cards, they are awesome. One minor request - the back for the Generic Zelda cards is a few pixels smaller than the other cards (837x1128). Any chance you could upload the full size one as it I cant seem to scale it to the correct size and keep the bleeds in place? Thanks

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Random11. Made an account to say thanks for these cards, they are awesome. One minor request - the back for the Generic Zelda cards is a few pixels smaller than the other cards (837x1128). Any chance you could upload the full size one as it I cant seem to scale it to the correct size and keep the bleeds in place? Thanks
Its fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: Deleted User

windlily

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Random11 ~ These cards are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your work :D

I noticed something about your Wolf Link v2 cards that may or may not have slipped under your radar: the series logo in the Wolf Link card is a bit smaller compared to the others in the series (ex: Twilight Princess Link).
Whether you do something about it is entirely your call~ I was able to fix up the version I'll be using for my personal collection, but I don't think the same can be done for other versions :P

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Random11 ~ These cards are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your work :D

I noticed something about your Wolf Link v2 cards that may or may not have slipped under your radar: the series logo in the Wolf Link card is a bit smaller compared to the others in the series (ex: Twilight Princess Link).
Whether you do something about it is entirely your call~ I was able to fix up the version I'll be using for my personal collection, but I don't think the same can be done for other versions :P

You have a keen eye lol. Thats actually done on purpose. The box art for wolf link had a slightly different logo. The O in "Legend of" has a diamond in it in the newer amiibo where the wolf link didnt have that. And like you noticed it is slightly smaller on the wolf link amiibo. Personally I wanted to match the amiibo box art so I made the logos different to match the different logos used on the official box art. But you can edit it if you like it better so they all match.

Last edited by Random11,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKJyCeQck4