Currys sold my xbox 360

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I placed an order for a xbox 360 on the 29th of january from Currys. I was waiting patiently for days untill today I decided to phone them and ask them why It still hasn't shipped. I got through to customer support and asked what was up with my package and they said it's because of the weather, So I told them that's completly fine and understandable.

1 hour later I get this email......

QUOTE said:
I've tried calling however I got no answer therefore I'm writing with regards to your Currys online order XXXXXXXX.
Unfortunately the warehouse have just advised me that one of the items you've ordered has gone out of stock: Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade (product code 741585)
We have no dates for when this item will be returning in stock however we do have an alternative to offer:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite (product code 433597) This package still contains the Entertainment Pack, we can offer this for £179.99 which is £40 extra

If you would like this alternative please call or reply to this e-mail.
Unfortunately I will need a reply by Friday 8th at 4.00pm otherwise the system will automatically cancel your whole order and you will be refunded in full.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

After reading this I was furious because when I ordered the thing it was definitely in stock, they even took money out my bank! then after waiting 8 days for it to ship I get this email! after I chase them up.

I picked up the phone immediately and phoned back customer service to complain and all I got was "I'm sorry I don't know how that happend" I told the women to cancell the order and get the money back into my bank account right away.

I replied to the email above:

QUOTEHi,

I am left very angry at this situation with the order! When I placed the order it was in stock and I even got an email stating so, I was waiting for 8 days for it to process even though it clearly said it was in stock when I bought it.Now I'm left hunting for another one because your company didn't inform me of their mistake untill I phoned them to chase up the order? I mean what type of online service is this? the money was even took out my bank.

It is quite clear the xbox 360 that was in stock when I purchased it has been sold to another customer or been used for a replacement, it's great to have your time wasted then be insulted to suggest an alternative for £40 more. I'm afraid I won't be using Currys ever again and feel I deserve compensation for the way I have been treated with this order. I would like this passed on to a manager or a higher supervisor please, Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for your help timothy but I'm very unhappy with the company not with your help.

I have since phoned customer service before I wrote this and cancelled the order.

Thanks

What a joke! This could have cost me alot of bother, we all know how hard it is to get a console at this time of year. anyway amazon got stock in today and I saved £20
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Speak to head office mention trading standards and trade descriptions act!...hopefully blag the elite for same price as bundle deal just tell them how it inconvenienced you and your bank etc!

that you was NOT HAPPY with their customer service at all and that the person you spoke to was arrogant when they talked to you
smile.gif

basically just bluff it and get it for same price!

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
Speak to head office mention trading standards and trade descriptions act!...hopefully blag the elite for same price as bundle deal just tell them how it inconvenienced you and your bank etc!

that you was NOT HAPPY with their customer service at all and that the person you spoke to was arrogant when they talked to you
smile.gif

basically just bluff it and get it for same price!

I prefer my idea

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My girlfriend had a similair problem with a coat she brought from Marks & Spencers online.

It was towards the end of the line, and there was only a few left in stock. When she purchased it, everything went through fine, money was taken et cetera.

Then she got a phone call saying they had ran out of stock and were unable to get any more at the time as this was the last of them - all stores were out of stock too.

But it turns out there is some kind of law that if the order is placed and accepted they have to complete this as soon as possible. The order was delayed by about 3 days but Marks & Spencers got more of these coats made specially (of course made a few more for retail at the same time) and refunded all the postage she paid originally - which we were both very happy with.

I guess this may be different with electrical items, but I cannot see how it would vary much.

I realise this may not concern you now as you managed to get it cheaper - but it could be helpful to someone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER