Currys sold my xbox 360

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by thegame07, Jan 7, 2010.

Jan 7, 2010

Currys sold my xbox 360 by thegame07 at 5:45 PM (1,055 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. thegame07
    OP

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I placed an order for a xbox 360 on the 29th of january from Currys. I was waiting patiently for days untill today I decided to phone them and ask them why It still hasn't shipped. I got through to customer support and asked what was up with my package and they said it's because of the weather, So I told them that's completly fine and understandable.

1 hour later I get this email......

What a joke! This could have cost me alot of bother, we all know how hard it is to get a console at this time of year. anyway amazon got stock in today and I saved £20 [​IMG]

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I've never trusted Currys [​IMG]
    At least you got £20 off from Amazon [​IMG]

3. thegame07
    OP

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom

The one from amazon came this morning aswell [​IMG] Only ordered it yesterday just before I made this post [​IMG]

4. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    send them spam email [​IMG]

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Speak to head office mention trading standards and trade descriptions act!...hopefully blag the elite for same price as bundle deal just tell them how it inconvenienced you and your bank etc!

that you was NOT HAPPY with their customer service at all and that the person you spoke to was arrogant when they talked to you [​IMG]

basically just bluff it and get it for same price!

6. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    I prefer my idea

7. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Isn't this more of a blog article?

8. kicknhorse

Member kicknhorse GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    My girlfriend had a similair problem with a coat she brought from Marks & Spencers online.

It was towards the end of the line, and there was only a few left in stock. When she purchased it, everything went through fine, money was taken et cetera.

Then she got a phone call saying they had ran out of stock and were unable to get any more at the time as this was the last of them - all stores were out of stock too.

But it turns out there is some kind of law that if the order is placed and accepted they have to complete this as soon as possible. The order was delayed by about 3 days but Marks & Spencers got more of these coats made specially (of course made a few more for retail at the same time) and refunded all the postage she paid originally - which we were both very happy with.

I guess this may be different with electrical items, but I cannot see how it would vary much.

I realise this may not concern you now as you managed to get it cheaper - but it could be helpful to someone else.