Hacking Currently using Gateway on O3DS, want to switch to rXtools.

Blue Lamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My O3DS is setup with menuhax so that it autoboots to Gateway Emunand when I turn it on.

I have installed rxTools on a 2DS before but I dont have a full understanding of how everything works. I'm just able to follow instructions.

How can I dual boot Gateway/rxTools (rxtools as default boot) without deleting my games/saves?

This tutorial said it would delete my Emunand. Could I just skip the first parts of it and add rxTools folder and such?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Sorry I know I sound clueless but appreciate your guys' help.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not sure if this will work, make a backup of your sd card.

I don't know if there is a big difference between one and the other... you may delete all the gateway-related files and set up rxtools. If you see that doesn't work, restore your original sd's content.

If it works, you should not lose anything

Last edited by Arubaro,

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only thing you have to do is install ctrbootmanager and edit boot.cfg accordingly:

Code:
    // Default boot entry
    default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (11 max)
    entries =
    (
        {
            title = "rxTools";
            path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
            offset = "0x12000";
            key = 0; // key to override default boot entry (A)
        },
        {
            title  = "Gateway";
            path = "3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
            key = 0; // key to override default boot entry (A)
        }
    );
The default timeout is 3, you can change this by setting timeout = 3; to whatever value in seconds.
Replace key with any from https://goo.gl/4XLDIL to add a key to hold during boot to start it.

Reactions: Blue Lamb

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good news is Gateway and rxTools use the same emuNAND. You're right that you can just add the rxTools folder (plus the firm folder in there), and it will work with your pre-existing emuNAND.

If you want easy access to both, use ctrbootmanager with menuhax to control what autoboots while retaining the option to boot into something else.

Reactions: Blue Lamb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)