Currently on 5.05 , 9.00 reliable stable ?

s8n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi members , I am currently on Firmware 5.05 and want to go to 9.00 using the ESP32-S2 method.

My question is should I stay on 5.05 as 9.00 is unstable and wait for a more reliable jailbreak.

chat soon

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 2nd ps4 when they were highly marked down a couple christmases' ago.
My 1st ps4 has 5.05 and it is SO stable, I didn't want to mess with it. If you aren't satisfied with the update, simply put, you can't switch back.
The 2nd ps4 I was past 6.72 so I went to 7.55. It is less stable, it takes me 5 to 15 tries to load up the CFW, and only occassionally it shuts down. Not a problem, if you keep the external HD disconnected until you are completed.
If you are determined to upgrade (alot of games become available with 6.72 and again 7.55), try 6.72 first and see what you think. Then 7.55 if you don't like it, then 9
I also found almost all the games marked FW9.0 play in 7.55. Only COD Vanguard doesn't load, so far in all I've tried. I'm sure there is a few more, but I haven't come across them.

Reactions: s8n

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
9.0 is Rock Solid for me as it is for many others, I had 1 kernel panic in the space of 4 or 5 months. I leave my PRO on rest mode and never had a problem.

You're gonna hear varying opinions from both 5.05 users and 9.0 users, I've had machines on both and honestly they are just as solid as each other.

Plus on 9.0 I don't have to worry about backport's either.

Reactions: zfreeman and s8n

s8n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a 2nd ps4 when they were highly marked down a couple christmases' ago.
My 1st ps4 has 5.05 and it is SO stable, I didn't want to mess with it. If you aren't satisfied with the update, simply put, you can't switch back.
The 2nd ps4 I was past 6.72 so I went to 7.55. It is less stable, it takes me 5 to 15 tries to load up the CFW, and only occassionally it shuts down. Not a problem, if you keep the external HD disconnected until you are completed.
If you are determined to upgrade (alot of games become available with 6.72 and again 7.55), try 6.72 first and see what you think. Then 7.55 if you don't like it, then 9
I also found almost all the games marked FW9.0 play in 7.55. Only COD Vanguard doesn't load, so far in all I've tried. I'm sure there is a few more, but I haven't come across them.

s8n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys thanks for your insight and knowledge it is much appreciated. 9.00 looks pretty good from Peter's response. I'm hoping for some more peeps to chime in and I will go ahead and buy a ESP32-S2.

• Love
Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(