Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Nevermind, I found what I was looking for and it works great. http://gbatemp.net/threads/re-release-bootctr-a-simple-boot-manager-for-3ds.401630/

Why is there a fork?:unsure:

BootCtr is not a fork of CtrBootManager, where did you got this idea? It is a fork of HBL-emergency from @mashers. They basically have similar features, however the development was completely indepedent for the most part (I did get some ideas from CtrBootManager source code, however I ended implementing things differently anyway).

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So which is the best one to go with?

Depends entirely what you want. BootCtr does not provide a graphical menu, and this is by design, since I prefer the fact that simply holding a key is faster than selecting a menu entry.

Source code wise IMO, my code is cleaner, however CtrBootManager seems to have more features, some that I don't plan to implement anyway (like netloader).

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I'm interested in is making everything boot far more often than not. Multiple buttons for different programs don't hurt either.

GiovyX96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since you're trying to boot Pasta/a CFW into sysNAND, you have to hold down a button after it starts booting (probably around when it says ----PASTA CFW----), so menuhax won't trigger again. There's nothing for ctrbootmanager to do.

I can't do anything for have menuhax -> ctr -> pastacfw and stop without holding a botton?

Last edited by GiovyX96,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can't do anything for have menuhax -> crt -> pastacfw and stop?

Not really, no. If you were using an emuNAND it wouldn't be a problem (you'd just unlink the emuNAND from your sysNAND, and it wouldn't run into a bootloop). You might want to consider switching to holding down a button like L or something for Menuhax to boot Pasta, so that you then just let go once it starts booting.

Reactions: GiovyX96

GiovyX96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you have to hold down a button after it starts booting (probably around when it says ----PASTA CFW----), so menuhax won't trigger again.

This open the Pasta Launcher, but don't change anything, still bootloop xD

So the only mode for have menuhax -> ctr -> CFW and stop is with the emuNAND?
Also the other cfw have this "problem" on sysnand?

edit

You might want to consider switching to holding down a button like L or something for Menuhax to boot Pasta, so that you then just let go once it starts booting.

This works ^^

Last edited by GiovyX96,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Depends entirely what you want. BootCtr does not provide a graphical menu, and this is by design, since I prefer the fact that simply holding a key is faster than selecting a menu entry.

Source code wise IMO, my code is cleaner, however CtrBootManager seems to have more features, some that I don't plan to implement anyway (like netloader).

Well, I didn't respond to you until now (didn't wanted to talk about you hijacking my thread) but I do now as i don't agree with you on "your" code being cleaner.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I didn't respond to you until now but I do now as i don't agree with you on "your" code being cleaner.
This is why I said IMO (in my opinion), this is not a critic for you or anything.

Edit: ok, you did a edit after my answer. You really think I am hijacking your thread (c'mon, this is a forum, so there are things like "my thread, your thread"? The idea is to have discussion, btw). I was just responding to something someone asked.

I can put some examples on why I think my code is cleaner (that you may or may not agree with me, this is why I said IMO, code aspect varies according to the person), not that it really matters since in the end all people want are features. And I have to agree that you homebrew have way more features than mine, not that it really matters too for me since I am just doing this for fun (and because your homebrew did not supported one user case that I had, now it supports however I invested too much time in BootCtr to drop it now).

Last edited by m45t3r,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah except for online pvp it's ass