Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or just save your picture rotated clockwise 90* to jpeg with any paint program then use this program
http://freeconverter.info/online/jpg-to-bgr
once converted just rename it to .bin that's it. Make sure the size is correct when saving it to jpeg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Purple flashes was fixed for me in version 1.5. I had them in version 1.4
It's worst!

Heu... wait 1.5?! I'm going to update... :-|

Last edited by MrMandraque,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone with Gateway on N3DS, do you ever experience Gateway SOMETIMES showing the red dragon screen, and other times it just shows a black screen and nothing happens? It's really irritating, I have a feeling it's Gateway's fault for the boot rate.

I have autoboot enabled, and autobootfix set to 2. Booting from the GW.3DSX file.
With gw.3dsx i have 99% succesful boot rate (autoboot, no buttons pressed) on my N3DS 9.0 EU and with mset exploit about 70-80%

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And I just finished my theme :D
View attachment 36640

For those interested, here are the images I used (the first one is based on something I found on redbubble then edited a bit, and the second one was just found on Google Images, I don't take any credit for them) and the theme part of my boot.cfg.
View attachment 36641 View attachment 36642
Code:
  theme =
   {
     bgTop1 = "ff00ff";
     bgTop2 = "ffff00";
     bgBottom = "007777";
     highlight = "4800ff";
     borders = "ffffff";
     font1 = "4800ff";
     font2 = "d6c886"; // selection
     bgImgTop = "/ctrboot_top.bin"; // 400x240 pixels
     bgImgBot = "/ctrboot_bottom.bin"; // 320x240 pixels
   };

It fits quite well with that menuhax background, if you're that of a Chaos Gore Magala fan (and I am).
View attachment 36643
thank you I love Shagaru (the monster). and your image choice is so nice!

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
bug in file browser (v1.5) again, crash when change the line screen

c8f163c3b8e31aea579cf85630fc56b0.jpg

Last edited by Ninoh-FOX,

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to configure boot.cfg so that the selected line is not highlighted all the way across the top screen?
Or perhaps make it transparent or just a dot/arrow/pointer?

In lots of the screenshots above the chunky horizontal line obscures part of the background image.

I'm curious: What are people launching besides reinand, rxtools, HBL, gateway?

Last edited by romanaOne,

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I missing something? Copied a top/bottom bin file and updated the boot config but stuck with the typical purple screen on boot.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something? Copied a top/bottom bin file and updated the boot config but stuck with the typical purple screen on boot.
Same here, I pointed my config file to ctrtop.bin and the top screen is still black like I had it before.
I'm trying to understand what .bgr bin format is, I downloaded someone's background so I thought it would work out of the box with nothing special. Is my black background overtaking the bin file? It's the last thing to fix in my setup and everything will be complete.

I'm a fan of your work OP, thanks for keeping us updated with this!

EDIT: I updated from 1.5 to 1.6, and the background finally works out of nowhere! Time to make some backgrounds~

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: Ninoh-FOX

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, is the autoboot default to home menu? Or how do i set an boot entry to home menu? I'm assuming this boots through menuhax boot, so if i have it on type 1 with L key, i'll need to boot holding L to boot this, right?

Last edited by escequi,

KevinJRussell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got two problems with my menu. I'm using 1.6, it's a New 3DS XL downgraded to 9.2, and I installed it while following this guide ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ ), and here is my boot.cfg, in case it's important.

Code:
boot_config : 
{
  timeout = 3;
  autobootfix = 2;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 0;
  entries = ( 
    {
      title = "Reinand";
      path = "/reinand.dat";
      offset = "0x12000";
    }, 
    {
      title = "Cakes";
      path = "/cakes.dat";
      offset = "0x12000";
    },     {
      title = "HomeBrewMenu";
      path = "/bhbl.3dsx";
    } );
};

#1 All the text is blurry. This is my second time using this boot manager, and the text was clear the first time, so I think it's just an error of some sort. It also highlights the selected row, and then if I select a different row, it highlights that one as well, but the previous highlight doesn't disappear. It eventually highlights every row and doesn't re-draw the previous ones.

#2 It hangs if I let it auto-boot. I tried to adjust the autobootfix to 5, and that hasn't seemed to help. If I interrupt the countdown and manually select ReiNand, it boots just fine.

Anyone know how to fix these issues?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it normal for my gateway card to not boot all the time on my n3ds but its fine on other units? saw others have had this and my leds sometimes are random colors
My Gateway doesn't boot perfectly with CTR boot manager, sometimes it just leads to a black screen and the dragon logo never comes up, forcing me to retry.
But yeah the random LED lights are normal, I'm not sure if they indicate anything. I just know that even if no LED lights start up, it will still boot emunand just fine. So Im sure it's there just for looks.

Hey, is the autoboot default to home menu? Or how do i set an boot entry to home menu? I'm assuming this boots through menuhax boot, so if i have it on type 1 with L key, i'll need to boot holding L to boot this, right?
I recommend type 2, with two buttons such as R + A. This autoboots CTR boot manager with no buttons pressed and if you want to bypass it into sysnand, you just hold R + A as it boots up.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol