• Views 87,465
  • Replies 163
  • Likes 43

xmvsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've found this mod to be the greatest thing for my 3ds, It makes it perfect for me to actually play it at night (picross until i fall asleep basically). So thank your for this.

Is it possible to get the @Sono and @Nutez version ported to the latest luma? I know that "screen filters" are included in the latest builds and hourlies but I find the options completely lacking with only 5 presets.
I really rely on the custom colour temp and brightness lowering while being able to set the individual screens.

i suppose I can try to compile with the source code provided? Or just stay on 9.1

Reactions: Nutez

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I've found this mod to be the greatest thing for my 3ds, It makes it perfect for me to actually play it at night (picross until i fall asleep basically). So thank your for this.

Is it possible to get the @Sono and @Nutez version ported to the latest luma? I know that "screen filters" are included in the latest builds and hourlies but I find the options completely lacking with only 5 presets.
I really rely on the custom colour temp and brightness lowering while being able to set the individual screens.

i suppose I can try to compile with the source code provided? Or just stay on 9.1

I'd say that if you know even the slightest of what you're looking at then you should try putting my old CTR_Redshift code into Luma: https://gist.github.com/SonoSooS/d9dfd74a65f5c9ae2c13d76c2c29b5fa

Nutez

Assimilator of Lumas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say that if you know even the slightest of what you're looking at then you should try putting my old CTR_Redshift code into Luma: https://gist.github.com/SonoSooS/d9dfd74a65f5c9ae2c13d76c2c29b5fa
Yeah it's worthwhile having a go yourself for the experience and customisation. Since Luma 10 didn't bring many new features that interest me I'm just going to wait on 9.1 for now. If Nanquitas does the heavy lifting to merge his plugin manager with Luma 10 (the code is well beyond me) then I'll probably tack on my variation of Sono's CTR_Redshift again. But if someone wants to make Luma 11 with full control remapping for both old and new buttons then I would definitely be interested in recompiling! :lol:

Reactions: Sono

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using some custom blue-light profiles in Luma for a while now that give a little more freedom than the in-built options.
Though it's no where near as free as ditching profiles altogether.

Original Luma Profiles: (*Doesn't normally show the value)
  • Reduce blue light (level 1) *4300K
  • Reduce blue light (level 2) *3200K
  • Reduce blue light (level 3) *2100K
  • Reduce blue light (level 4) *1550K
  • Reduce blue light (level 5) *1000K

Custom Profiles:
  • [6500K] Daylight
  • [5500K] Sunlight
  • [4200K] Fluorescent
  • [3400K] Halogen
  • [2700K] Incandescent
  • [2300K] Warm Incandescent
  • [1900K] Candle
  • [1200K] Ember
I'll attach them to this post if anyone's interested, just copy/overwrite the sysmodules folder into the root Luma3DS directory and build.

Attachments

• Custom-Luma3DS-Bluelight-Profiles.7z
    1.8 KB · Views: 244

odunthemadgod

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hi just signed to the site to ask a quick question is it normal that only the touch screen is turning yellow? i dont understand anything at the github :D so i currentl installed your Teste.cia

update: i maneged to find what's rosalina menu and found out how to access that. im currently using that options. thanks anyway!

Last edited by odunthemadgod,
Reactions: Nutez

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
hi just signed to the site to ask a quick question is it normal that only the touch screen is turning yellow? i dont understand anything at the github :D so i currentl installed your Teste.cia

update: i maneged to find what's rosalina menu and found out how to access that. im currently using that options. thanks anyway!

Yeah, I made it so you need to press both A and B, that way you can apply different tint to each screen.

AvocadoToast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this but everytime I close my new 3dsxl it reset back to the standard. Is there a way I could have it set permanently so it wouldn't change when I close the system?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I love this but everytime I close my new 3dsxl it reset back to the standard. Is there a way I could have it set permanently so it wouldn't change when I close the system?

It's somewhat possible, but it has to be a so-called "resident" solution, meaning it has to be constantly running on the 3DS and checking for screen open events and restoring the redshift configuration.

The reason it's not in Luma3DS is because it's somewhat difficult to detect when the screen has been turned on, and trying to write the redshift config to the LCD before it's turned on will hang the CPU.

tl;dr: yes, it's possible, but nobody has done it yet

AvocadoToast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, would you know if there's a way to get this to work with games rub through twilight menu? Or if there's something similar for twighlight? I LOVE this because it helps with wash out but DS games aren't affected by it :/

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Also, would you know if there's a way to get this to work with games run through twilight menu? Or if there's something similar for twighlight? I LOVE this because it helps with wash out but DS games aren't affected by it :/

You're in luck, because the same UI is included in TWPatcher. It also contains other patches, like deblurring, inverting the functionality of START+SELECT (unscaled mode toggle), or enabling gyro support for GBARunner2.

Reactions: mh_

AvocadoToast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're in luck, because the same UI is included in TWPatcher. It also contains other patches, like deblurring, inverting the functionality of START+SELECT (unscaled mode toggle), or enabling gyro support for GBARunner2.
I have TWpatcher and use already, but where is the gamma settings in it? Also will it load everytime I play a ds game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's somewhat possible, but it has to be a so-called "resident" solution, meaning it has to be constantly running on the 3DS and checking for screen open events and restoring the redshift configuration.

The reason it's not in Luma3DS is because it's somewhat difficult to detect when the screen has been turned on, and trying to write the redshift config to the LCD before it's turned on will hang the CPU.

tl;dr: yes, it's possible, but nobody has done it yet
also not saying you should do it, but I'm saying you should try to do it for all these poor dual tn screeners out here XD

AvocadoToast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember the homebrew I did almost a year ago which used the power saving mode on a new3DS to make the screen more red? Yeah, me neither :P It had many problems, almost everything got rid of the effect, and it only worked on new3DS in power saving mode because the old3DS lacks the required hardware. Also, the flicker caused me headaches, so I stopped the project there.

Well, now I fully reverse-engineered a GPU register which controls this, and thus I recreated the old design based on the new color lookup table mechanism, and it works! :D

Note: due to the characteristics of the ULCD screen, the colors will look absolutely horrible. This is not fault of the code, and thus it's not fixable. The results may differ between different models and screen types.

Note: the example demo application doesn't work in old3DS extended mode because the firmlaunch does a screeninit, resulting in the color lookup table being reset.

Note: the code is based on Redshift. The code and the example demo application is just a platform-specific wrapper around it.

Note: the example demo application uses the same TitleID as my debugger applications, so installing this will overwrite those. You have been warned!

Note: the source code isn't meant to be compiled on its own, it's just provided for education purposes. You need to alter it slightly in order to be compiled in an application.

Once you downloaded the example application, you can select which section you want to alter with the LEFT and RIGHT buttons, adjust the values using the UP and DOWN buttons (fine adjustments can be made while hoding the R or L buttons), and applying those settings to the screens with the A (bottom screen) and the B (top screen) buttons. Pressing X or Y will reset the config values to their default state, and pressing A and B will also reset the colors on the screens.

You can download the cia or the 3dsx by right clicking them then selecting the "Save as" context menu option.

Also, there are no screenshots... just see it yourself B-)

Edit: if you want to add this to Luma3DS, here is my source: https://gist.github.com/SonoSooS/d9dfd74a65f5c9ae2c13d76c2c29b5fa
If you add it into Luma then please credit me, thanks!
how do I add it to luma 3ds? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s