mikeinsc81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

First off, I apologize. I really did try to search for the answer to my question first, but to no avail. Sorry to (potentially) create a redundant thread.

I'm basically trying to find a way to get CSI: Deadly Intent to work enough to play. I just beat Hard Evidence, and I'm ready to move on. I've read in the past that there was no way to get it fully working on USB, due to a "reloading ios"? This was a while ago that I read about it, so has there been any updates that will get it to run on USB?

If no luck with USB, how could I get to work from disc? I only have a couple dvds left, and would rather not make a coaster.

Using a 3.4U cIOS38rev17 , plus I also installed Hermes 222/223 in order to get Monster Hunter 3 to work, mainly use USB Loader GX 929c. If anyone can help out, or at least point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Either get sneek+DI to work and play the game with that from usb. Or burn the game, get to know which IOS it uses and replace that IOS with a cIOS(partial DarkCorp install).

mikeinsc81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right on, thanx for the input guys!
smile.gif
I'll let you know how it turns out.

cobleman said:
Tried playing it from sneek + Di didnt work.
Only got it to work from disc with no changes to its ios

Do I need to do anything special when burning the disc? I don't have much experience with playing from disc... I pretty much used USB from the start of modding my Wii. I should probably use WiiScrubber to get rid of the update section. Anything else? Thanx!

mikeinsc81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I seem to be getting the same issue: The game starts fine, but when you try to choose the first case in the main menu, the Wii resets. Which is exactly the same thing that happens when using USB. Should I be using something different? Could you let me know what config you're using?

EDIT: I finally had some luck while researching this. It turns out I also needed to install the cIOS53-v5149-v3.5.wad. After doing that, it appears like it's working. Stoked! Thanx again for your help!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mikeinsc81 said:
Right on, thanx for the input guys!
smile.gif
I'll let you know how it turns out.

cobleman said:
Tried playing it from sneek + Di didnt work.
Only got it to work from disc with no changes to its ios

Do I need to do anything special when burning the disc? I don't have much experience with playing from disc... I pretty much used USB from the start of modding my Wii. I should probably use WiiScrubber to get rid of the update section. Anything else? Thanx!

Don't do that, just burn.

QUOTE(mikeinsc81 @ Oct 12 2010, 12:46 PM)
Hm, I seem to be getting the same issue: The game starts fine, but when you try to choose the first case in the main menu, the Wii resets. Which is exactly the same thing that happens when using USB. Should I be using something different? Could you let me know what config you're using?

The game is an IOS Reloading game. That means at the point where it crashes for you, it does an IOS Reload, and loads the IOS it's designed to use(IOS53???). And since that IOS doesn't read DVD-Rs for you, the game doesn't work. If you overwrite that IOS with a cIOS(again: partial DarkCorp install), it will work from disc. The same doesn't for usb loading, because the IOS doesn't know what to do with the usb stuff and everything. But directly after loading, it's ready to read from disc.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Neogamma R9 b45 cIOS56rev20 slot249
Boot Lang: English
Force video:Disc
Patch video: No
And No for the rest
And to confirm the game does use ios53 and i think i used Dopmii 13 to install it with all the patches

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cobleman said:
Neogamma R9 b45 cIOS56rev20 slot249
Boot Lang: English
Force video:Disc
Patch video: No
And No for the rest
And to confirm the game does use ios53 and i think i used Dopmii 13 to install it with all the patches

If you are softmodded and install the game IOS with Dopmii, then it's not a cIOS, and the IOS Reloading game will not work.

To me:
cIOS = backup patched IOS
patched IOS = trucha, nand, ES_Identify, usb2.0, whatever patched IOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-