crystalos.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the update and links to the new site wannya.
@xblackoutx as ChaosBoi says this is a very well made hacking tool geared towards DS roms with support for lots of stuff other tools lack (like shiftJIS, 8bpp GBA tiles, other tile formats as well as the DS specific stuff)

I will see about "porting" my translation again later today.
For those who want a slightly more usable version I put out a version a week or so ago based on a late February release:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80133
(you might be simply able to replace my translation with the current language files but expect fallout if you do).

Edit: added my translation and as expected there was a fair bit of fallout: pulldown menus a now boxes (probably due to lack of Chinese support on my machine) along with most of the other stuff in the tile editors

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot wannya
laugh.gif

@FAST6191

I'm specially interested on the translation of this Crystaltile2 feature:

nftrtooloq3.jpg

This is what I know:

- (T) button allows to load a table (.tbl/.txt) file (but don't know for what)
- (F) button allow to change the Windows font (don't know for what)
- "NFTR" button allows to load a .NFTR file. Then the (F), ® and (A) fields become populated with proper info for the loaded font (tile format, widthheight. Don't know what means the (A) field neither what the "tick box" is for.
- The botton panel shows info for the loaded .NFTR file: total number of gliphs on the font, which unicode correspond to each gliph and such. The "CWDH|CMAP" combo box allows to filter the gliphs displayed on the panel by Unicode ranges.
- The (E) button allows to export (.txt) the info which is currently displayed on the bottom panel.
- The bottom (B) buttom is still a mistery. It is always greyed out for me.

Thanks for your tips on the other thread. I've made some progress with this ROM ripping stuff. As an example here is one of the fonts used in Aquarium by DS:

lc1212x11nw7.png

Are DS fonts stored in other files/regions different than NFTR files?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tables: aimed at multiple tile encoding, normally used for names of characters but it can used for lots more. Fairly rare these days though and will likely not have to be used in conjunction with ntfr.

Windows fonts do not always carry support for anything other than standard roman character sets (even common European characters can get left out): why you might want to change it.

Afraid I can not help with the other stuff (I am nowhere near capable in Chinese let alone tech discussion in it), my guess would be transparancy

NTFR is the nitroSDK font format and it is used often enough to bother learning about but not as often as something like the sdat format for sound (region dupes aside I still think there are less than 5 roms that do not use it) or even some of the more command graphics formats. Other formats can be just about anything, see Deufeufeu's work on the JUS font:
http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...rmat_.28font.29 as well as other stuff he did. It can be anything from simple tile to character (or half character) to incredibly complex

Nice going with the rom hacking as well.

Bad news is most of the links on the site I get 404ed on (and I get 403ed trying to browse the directory) which means I can not get a reference sample to translate/port against. It does not make it impossible but it does mean a lot more effort is needed (first I will probably get the next oldest version from my machine and port to that and then account for the changes to this version).

Edit
I am experimenting with the google translator and overlaying my old translation where possible so I may have something to show soon.

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh... Finally a tool that will allow me to open the .narc files in New Super Mario Bros. It is just too bad that I cannot replace a file in the archive with a larger file. It seems I will just be able to mess with this until they add that in. It's hard to level hack when you can't insert larger levels... :/

wannya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.angeleden.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Tanks said:
Ahhh... Finally a tool that will allow me to open the .narc files in New Super Mario Bros. It is just too bad that I cannot replace a file in the archive with a larger file. It seems I will just be able to mess with this until they add that in. It's hard to level hack when you can't insert larger levels... :/

????????????????ROM??
??????NARC????
?????CrystalTile2?????????NARC??
??????

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=zh|en

Insert greater than when the original document can not directly operate on the ROM
Because it re-allocation of space to NARC
So CrystalTile2 need for a separate open your document to amend the NARC
Then into.
narc.jpg

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Arkansaw said:
a literal translation... I haven't gotten around to actually using it though

A - append size
W - indicate width at the start/header of font

(W) makes sense to me, but I still don't get it for (A). So far I've come across .NFTRs which display either 0 or 1 for (A)

Thanks a lot anyway Arkansaw
wink.gif
and keep the good work wannya!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...