Gaming Crysis Question n

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$2800 dollars worth of graphics cards to run it at 30 fps on the highest settings says YES! That's just the cards alone, without the mobo, CPU, case, cooling, etc.

Does that mean you can't play it on lower settings?...NO!

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
$2800 dollars worth of graphics cards to run it at 30 fps on the highest settings says YES! That's just the cards alone, without the mobo, CPU, case, cooling, etc.

Does that mean you can't play it on lower settings?...NO!

No PC can currently get ALL high settings at 30 fps. Not even ones with SLI 8800 Ultras iirc.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=browse...image_id=747468

That says you're wrong. I believe the article states it runs an average of 30 something frames with highest being 37 and lowest being 17 on VERY high.

3 8800 Ultras in SLI. That's why it runs $2800.

Note:
3 8800 Ultras means, you need the newest mobo, with watercooling, and a pretty hefty case.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=browse...image_id=747468

That says you're wrong. I believe the article states it runs an average of 30 something frames with highest being 37 and lowest being 17 on VERY high.

3 8800 Ultras in SLI. That's why it runs $2800.

Note:
3 8800 Ultras means, you need the newest mobo, with watercooling, and a pretty hefty case.

Hmm. I stand corrected. In the end the PC would be around 3500$ with all the parts lol.

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
E6850 / Q6600 OC'd to 3.2
8800GT / 512 GTS / GTX
2GB RAM ( With decent timings)

Should give you pretty decent FPS at mid / high

R-Unit 4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Crytek brings next gen games, to the current generation...I wonder what they use?

Maybe they use prototype computer parts?

If you have have a low end 256 MB card, it can run low on 40-50FPS per second...except in the Alien ship which it drops to 20 FPS.If you have a Mid end card, you could run low on 60-80(highly unlikely though) and if you have and high-end card, you can run MEdium on 50-70(just a guess).

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My god, are you people still on about this? Visit a Crysis forum for god's sake!

My X1950XT 256mb can run it on medium/high at 25FPS. With some DX10 effects. The only mediums are shadows and post processing.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Crytek brings next gen games, to the current generation...I wonder what they use?

If you have have a low end 256 MB card, it can run low on 40-50FPS per second...except in the Alien ship which it drops to 20 FPS.If you have a Mid end card, you could run low on 60-80(highly unlikely though) and if you have and high-end card, you can run MEdium on 50-70(just a guess).

Thats an interesting point.
I wonder how they do that.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
My PC's got the following:
AMD 4600+
GeForce 7900GS 256MB (with the GPU factory-over clocked to 500, from 450MHz)
3GB corsair XMS ddr2 RAM @ 667MHz

And with that I can play singe player with most of the settings on medium (I think I have about two things on low) @ 800x600 at playable frame rates...

the game itself "recomends" medium on everything @ 1024x768 (when I press the "find optimal settings" or whatever), but so it does if you have a 8800gts 640, 2gb ram and a 6000+

the game looks great, and the final battle and the snowy maps are the only thing that made me irritated about the frame rate drops.

So you don't need a ultra high end computer, but a pretty decent one to get it playing.

Edit: better PC specs for my gaming rig.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a laptop for $1000 and it runs crysis fine in directx9 mode with medium settings across the board at 1280x1024. Good enough for me, this game is most definitely not worth wasting money on.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read a review of this game that said you'd have to travel into the future to find a PC capable of running Crysis maxxed out at a playable framerate lol. I laughed. My PC can run it on High with no AA or AF at 1680x1050. Even then it slows down when there is tons of stuff going on. The single player was fun for 1 run through. After that, its over because the multiplayer is kinda lame.

Honestly, the game isn't worth spending all your money to upgrade your PC EXTENSIVELY just to play it.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

Thats an interesting point.
I wonder how they do that.

What large companies can afford > What you can afford

Parallel processing computers?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a laptop for $1000 and it runs crysis fine in directx9 mode with medium settings across the board at 1280x1024. Good enough for me, this game is most definitely not worth wasting money on.
Is it NOT worth spending money on...as in like the game? Or not worth buying hardware for? I was thinking of picking up the title...but know nothing about it except its graphic intensive...

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, this may sound dumb... but what's so good about this game? The graphics, of course, they seem to rock hard. But we all know, because we love Nintendo, that graphics don't make the game. So, what about the "rest" of its components? Story, weapons, etc :S

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody designs games on the same kind of PC that will be playing it - 10-20 people each with a great PC with at least 4GB of ram and probably quadros designing it and some pre release hardware (8800 Ultras at the time) to test it on

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, this may sound dumb... but what's so good about this game? The graphics, of course, they seem to rock hard. But we all know, because we love Nintendo, that graphics don't make the game. So, what about the "rest" of its components? Story, weapons, etc :S

Your right, graphics don't make the game. But Graphics fill up 45% of the game.

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my $1,500 plays crysis just fine on medium/high settings (most of them are on high) with 1440X900 widescreen resolution.

specs:
amd x2 6000+ (oc to 3.2ghz)
geforce 8800gts
2 gigs ram

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So intense, that this guy made a video clip of 3,000 barrels exploding and had to comment that he couldn't look in the direction of the explosion for more than 2 seconds because his computer would crash. That's some Physics engine and some high requirements!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG5qDeWHNmk
At 3:10 into the video...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.