Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zarcon said:
QUOTE said:
Yep, it's pretty much what you think it is. "2 funde" is actually nifun de (2?????), which is "in 2 minutes).
maybe # type(s) defeated in 2 minutes, so that the first defeat doesn't look awkward (1 types, lol). and you don't actually need to say "under". since there's a time limit, it's fairly safe to say that most people won't assume it's literal and that you just need to do it within the time limit.
I was using "kinds" to differentiate a lot of stuff, but "types" sounds much better. Saying "under" instead of "in" still fits and fills out the box better so I'll stick with that.
Wouldn't it then still be "# type(s) defeated in under 2 minutes"? I'd go for "in 2 minutes" tho.
smile.gif

Also, this might be a helpful resource too: http://kouryakusimasu.web.fc2.com/crotre (maybe? I dunno.. never played the game XD)

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
somebody good with translating please translate this blog! i smell something awesome going on here, i just can't grasp it concisely enough to save my skin
happy.gif

QUOTEMethod to manipulate Added Effects on equipment for Cross Treasures
?Secret trick #45

?When the game is started, a table for Added Effects is generated.
?For creating and forging, leaving the house will advance the table position by 1.
?The table has a set pattern.
?[Create one weapon then reset] to reset the table to its initial position.
?The table will change for each additional person in the World Cross.
?The table is determined once the Skill Merchant is gone from the dungeon entrance.
?The table will loop after a certain number of times.
?Shopping will replace the table with a different one.
?The table is divided into separate groups for [weapons], [shields/earrings/necklaces/rings], and [head/body/feet].

Weapon Procedure Example

1. First, for creating the easiest weapon (Iron Knife), buy 255 Iron Ore.

2. Create an Iron Knife in the workshop and reset. (This resets the table)
* Some people have lost their Save Data, so you may want to return to title from the Bed.

3. To figure out the table entries, build a bunch of Iron Knives and write down which Added Effects you get. (The value increases every 10 levels? Still investigating this)

4. When you see the effect you want, count which number it was. For instance, my desired effect (jiwa-jiwa) was #25.

5. Collect the materials for the weapon you want to make.

6. Repeat step 2 to reset the table.

7. Create a couple more Iron Knives to confirm that the table has reset.

8. The table is now at position #3, so I would leave the house 22 times to get it to #25.

9. Jiwa-jiwa would now be added to the weapon (doesn't matter whether you're creating a new one or forging).

10. The above method can be used to manipulate armor and accessories as well.

Please leave a comment if you need more details or you get unexpected results.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
yay! thank you very much for that, Darth.
happy.gif

time to put that nifty little guide to goody good use!

EDIT: ...hmm. i dunno if i was doing it wrong, but i can't seem to make it work. :/ ah well, there goes a bunch of Iron Knives.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
It's not in me to release things unless I'm happy with it so...I'm going to translate these random equipment bonuses first.
I'll post/edit here whenever I hit something I'm unsure of.

The first being...
????????#insnumber#??????
seichousokudo#insnumber#?appu??
Seichou Sokudo #? Up
I think this is would be...
+#% Experience Rate

Man, I'm awful at this.
??????#insnumber#????????
Dame-ji #insnumber#% hanekaesu??
Damage #% Hane Kaesu!
I think this is damage reflection?
Reflect #% Damage
Maybe?

A bit over halfway done now.
????????#insnumber#??????
idousupi?do?#insnumber#?appu??
Idou Speed # Up
Idou is moving or movement so maybe...
+# Movement Speed
...maybe?

Okay, finished translating everything other than those listed above...and this one last one.
#insnumber#??????????????
#insnumber#dame?jiotamanimukouka??
#insnumber# Damage Otamanimukouka??
No idea.

07.jpg

Huh, so it was my ring that was giving me poison and paralyze...

[EDIT]

Well, I'm trying to translate the achievements now since they provide stat/misc bonuses when you complete a line of them.
Just need to figure out how to hex edit in a line break since the text overflows otherwise...

[EDIT2]

Ah screw it, I'll just pad with spaces.
I think it uses 0A to line break, but if I pad with 00 before that point things break.
Padding with spaces seems to work, but I'm sure I'm making a hacker out there somewhere cry.

Zarcon said:
ferofax said:
-second opinion-Alrighty, I was leaning towards those translations, but with a second opinion I'll commit them.
My translation is kind of unofficial to the project anyway.
Think instead of Damage Block I'll do Damage Evade since it makes a bit more sense with the % chance and classes with no shield.
Plus I'm pretty sure the Thief has a passive skill that does the same, I'll have to look it up.

DarthNemesis said:
QUOTE(Zarcon @ May 29 2010, 01:50 PM)
I think it uses 0A to line break, but if I pad with 00 before that point things break.
Why would you need to pad before the line break? You can move the line break up, just pad with 00 after the entire block of text.
I...have no idea why I didn't think of that, thanks. Seems to work okay, gotta go back and adjust my menu help text. So much padding with spaces, haha.

[EDIT]

Time for more second opinions!

???????
Tsukemonomedaru
Tsukemono Medal
Pickles Medal?
What?
Maybe
Tsuke Mono Medal?
Still no idea.

#insnumber#?????
????????
#insnumber#dame?jio
?gekideataeru
# Damage 1 Gekideataeru

#insnumber#????????
????????
#insnumber#shuruinobosuo
?funde?taosu
# kinds of bosses defeated
But what the heck is 2 funde? Is that time? 2 minutes maybe?
# kinds of bosses defeated under 2 minutes
I need to shorten the crap out of that if that's what it is.
I'm fairly confident it's under 2 minutes now.
Since it's a boss medal I can shorten it to
# kinds defeated under 2 minutes.
biggrin.gif

???????
keruberomedaru
Kerubero Medal
I can't make out the first word.

[EDIT]

Oh, Kerberos otherwise known as Cerberus.
Thanks thedicemaster.

[EDIT]

One more.

????????
kairyuumedaru
Kairyuu Medal

This is a boss achievement medal, the boss is the drill nosed fish thing.

What file are these in?

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
I'm playing the game with my sister in my free time and my biggest complaint was figuring out where the items I needed dropped.
So...I decided to translate them to the best of my abilities.
Then I translated a few other things.
Not sure if I should post it though since they don't want machine translations. Though I use several sources, a Japanese=>English dictionary, and my own limited knowledge of the language to help.
01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg
04.jpg

05.jpg
06.jpg

...just noticed I spelled it "Desert" instead of "Dessert"...whoops.

This is basically all I need to play the game comfortably. I'd translate more menu stuff (Such as equipment bonus and achievement medals) but a lot of it is in .dat files and hex editing everything is such a chore. If there's a tool to help I'd love to get my hands on it.
Heck, 4 of the location names "Any World, Secret Word, Co-op Quest Reward, and Tika's Shop) were in the Arm9 file which was...kind of random.

I'd also be willing to do more image translations if I knew how to extract and insert the images...

Would you care to share an Xdelta patch for all that? Or a list of what you changed so I can make one?

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
data/data_item/equip_effect.dat
That's equipment bonuses.

data/data_general/medalion.dat
Is the achievement medal file...part of it anyway, the achievement bonuses are located elsewhere. Haven't gotten to that point yet.

[EDIT]

If you tell me how to make an xdelta patch I'll do it, once I've fixed everything up. I break the game every other change I make, haha.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
data/data_item/equip_effect.dat
That's equipment bonuses.

data/data_general/medalion.dat
Is the achievement medal file...part of it anyway, the achievement bonuses are located elsewhere. Haven't gotten to that point yet.

[EDIT]

If you tell me how to make an xdelta patch I'll do it, once I've fixed everything up. I break the game every other change I make, haha.

I made a patch with the equipment names just now (still uploading)
You can make an Xdelta patch with Xdelta UI (google it)

Origional File is the clean ROM
Modified File is the changed one
biggrin.gif

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks!
Can you update what's new and pm the thread opener about it, so he will update his first post.
I played a little in the game and the most confusing parts are crafting and changing zones(the NPC right of the starting dungeon).
If you translated both parts it will be fully playable for me

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shinintendo said:
Thanks!
Can you update what's new and pm the thread opener about it, so he will update his first post.
I played a little in the game and the most confusing parts are crafting and changing zones(the NPC right of the starting dungeon).
If you translated both parts it will be fully playable for me

If you are talking to me, I didn't translate any of that. I just took what others had translated and made an Xdelta patch of it =P

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@macgeek417: thanks for that patch. that thing's up-to-date with Zarcon's screenshots, right? well anyways, i'll try them out.

EDIT:
I lol'd at myself for not seeing this....
happy.gif
scratch Moving Sabitaro (whatever the hell that is), it's actually ?????, which means "Rusted Prison". I dunno why, but I kept seeing ???, that's why i can't quite piece ???? with it. It's supposed to be
?????????.
tongue.gif
I've seen the place, rust colored with bones on the ground and stuff. There. ahaha, can you guys squeeze that in the next time you update? keep note of it.

EDIT2:
I noticed that the patch macgeek posted and the may21 patch is exactly the same size... :/

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not entirely sure what macgeek's patch edited actually, haha.

I'm just wrapping up my final bits here and I'll upload a patch.
Should more or less translate everything you need to play comfortable/take advantage of everything.
Skill descriptions and a few skill names are still at wiki status (IE, not translated/missing a few).

I had a bit of fun with the skill bonuses from achievements, I made it have a different skill name with each rank instead of the same for all 3 and flavored them a bit.
Instead of "HP Up Power" for all 3 ranks I have "Bark Skin", "Stone Skin", and "Iron Skin"
But yea, just removing all my work files from my folder, recompiling, then making the patch.

[EDIT]

Alrighty, here we go.
I translated a bunch of the common script too. By common I mean...I'll show you with screenshots.
08.jpg
09.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg

And of course, the patch.
Unofficial Playability Patch 01

Tell me if there's anything off or doesn't seem right.
Now to figure out how to extract/edit/insert these menu graphics...

Scratch that, I'm going to bed, haha.
If I can't fall asleep I might check back to see if my patch actually works or not.

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just going to assume that lack of followup replies after "Downloading now!" means the patch works, haha.
I finally figured out how to extract the menu images so my next patch should eliminate almost all common Japanese text.
Just don't expect it any time soon.
tongue.gif

From here on out it's just making things look pretty anyway.

macgeek: Nope, haven't touched the ROM header. Just kind of stumbling through figuring things out as I go along.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Zarcon said:
I'm just going to assume that lack of followup replies after "Downloading now!" means the patch works, haha.
I finally figured out how to extract the menu images so my next patch should eliminate almost all common Japanese text.
Just don't expect it any time soon.
tongue.gif

From here on out it's just making things look pretty anyway.

macgeek: Nope, haven't touched the ROM header. Just kind of stumbling through figuring things out as I go along.

this topic is everywhere but i think i follow

so is all translating done just picture text left?

game looks very good

would it be possible to have a new topic started by you so following this and the progress so far is easier?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...