Cremation or Burial?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,208
  • Replies 36

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Burial, I don't know cremation isn't bad but imo isn't it better if bugs gets to eat my body and get nutrient I mean I a human spends most of its life eating animals after it dies it is the humans turn to be consumed the energy in our body goes to powering other life forms.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This topic reminded me of a documentary I watched a few years ago, about the Zoroastrian Towers of Silence, used for sky burials.

To Zoroastrians, fire, water and earth represent sacred elements that should not be defiled by the bodies of the dead, so cremation/funeral pyres, ground burial or burial at sea are not an option, and on the other hand feeding animals with one's remains is considered that person's final act of charity.

The only actively used Towers remain in India, but as 99.9% of India's vultures died out in recent decades, the remaining population is not sufficiently large to eat the bodies fast enough. The vultures used to be able to clean out a body in minutes, now it takes weeks and the bodies start decomposing, which is a problem since due to the recent expansion of cities, the Towers are now in densely populated areas.

The local Parsi community are looking into solutions, from using concave mirrors (solar concentrators) to accelerate decomposition, to ozone machines that would reduce the odors of decomposition, to vulture breeding programs in aviaries built over and around the Towers, hoping to breed enough vultures for the task.

Anyway, just found that interesting.

Deleted member 386356

Trophies
XP
Country
Cremation.
It's super cheap, and the family members that don't know you don't have to sit through a long funeral procession because there is no funeral.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be in the military, and we had to write our wills before we deployed. I wrote that if I died, I wanted to be cremated so that my ashes could be mixed in with the gunpowder of our bullets so I could be used to kill terrorists even after death.

That didn't happen, but I'll still pick cremation. I don't like the idea of people looking at me.

Preferred way to burn is via rocket to the sun or being tossed into an active volcano.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would rather be cremated. I never like taking to much space or being a nuisance on people. My family has a mausoleum in Dominican Republic so all of us are already set to be laid to rest there.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cremation.
It's super cheap, and the family members that don't know you don't have to sit through a long funeral procession because there is no funeral.
Still money I would be upset to lose
http://funeralcostshelp.co.uk/cost-cremation-funeral/ reckons some £600-700

Equally I have been to plenty of funerals for people subsequently getting cremated, or memorials for people having already been cremated.

On the vultures thing do you know if the stopped was it the antibiotics in cows that messed their necks up?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or perhaps turning me into energy reactor fuel, like in Knights of Sidonia.
Or recycling me into Phosphorus for further use, like in A brand new world.
Or in the end, use me as fertilizer.
Whatever, something useful.
I don't see the social benefit wasting wood for a coffin and letting one rot inside it where it is not even useful to feed plants.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If I become a gem can I become a drill bit, grinding wheel or grinding wheel dresser?

While being wormfood/plantfood is fine I think the time I watched that awful Transcendence film and the main couple ended up as flowers in the end (I would say spoilers but if it means someone does not watch it then I am ok with that).

On space then I am OK with a decaying orbit and being scattered across the atmosphere, likewise breaking earth orbit is cool too. Becoming space junk though would be distasteful.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
On the vultures thing do you know if the stopped was it the antibiotics in cows that messed their necks up?
It was an anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac, used to treat humans and livestock, but (as it turns out) toxic to vultures. It has since been banned.

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
there is a place in Mexico called Guanajuato. Its soil has the unique capability of mummifying any organic body that is buried there.

There's even a really cool museum which i went to that displays a bunch of mummies from a cholera epidemic.

When i die, bury me in Guanajuato. Bury me in the highest of Guanajuato's mountains so I can wait for the tumorous city to get there and discover me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attachments

• Momias3.jpg
    Momias3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 98

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Cremation definitely. No urn. it's just a waste of space. I'll take having a little shrine at my loved ones house though :) Just a picture will do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-