Crediar releases QuadForce 2.0

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by 8BitWalugi, Apr 30, 2013.

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    [​IMG]

After half a month of donations, true to his word, Crediar has released a new version of QuadForce, adding F-Zero AX to the list of playable Triforce titles on the Wii!

The release comes following the success of the 'Please Release QuadForce' campaign, started by me- 8BitWalugi. However, none of this would have been possible without the help of many GBATemp members (And even a few from F-Zero Central) to raise 200 Euros in donations for the release (I mean, by comparison all I really did was organise things... You guys are the real heroes! :P) . However, there are still more rewards for donations (The ultimate goal being 500 Euros) so this isn't necessarily the end!

You'll have to forgive me for not writing much. It's 2am at the moment.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Well, congratulations everyone! Milestone #1 has been hit and released! Hit the download link below to grab it!
    And don't forget the remaining tiers of rewards! There's still plenty more on offer!

:download: [Link]
    :arrow: [Donation thread]

Eerpow, MassiveRican, 2ndApex and 5 others like this.

2. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    awesome!
    this is the most epic b-day I have today :D

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    It's like a kickstarter where all the funds aren't stolen by the website.

4. Adr990

Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Apr 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I totally didn't know about this, I just saw the release of v2 on Twitter.
    I donated €5!

You're the best, Crediar!

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    The homebrew scene is possibly the biggest ignoramuses scene there is when it comes down to money. This was at least my impression up until now. Perhaps gbatemp has evolved into a more mature community. Just because it's homebrew does't mean it should be free. Work is work. If you want to get paid for work, you are entitled to. There is no reason to be butthurt over people getting paid for coding homebrew.

Ace, SuzieJoeBob, NEP and 4 others like this.
  6. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    can someone give me some quick help?
    the menu laggs as hell and the game freezes after a few seconds..

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Have kickstarter or any of the imitators actually stolen the money? If not then having a cut/fee for rendering a service seems like fairly normal business practice.

I shall forgo the obvious cynical remark at this point though.

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  8. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    Kickstarter takes 5% as a fee
    so when say a movie is funded on there they get a lot of cash

9. Huntex

Huntex Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2013
    France
    Computer, Somewhere in Earth
    Awesome !

10. StarkNebula

StarkNebula Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2013
    Canada
    Anyone know a good little tutorial on getting Quadforce running? Everything I found is for the old version. I assume it's been streamlined since, too (do we really need .wad channels?). Having a little sub-section on emu-nand would be great as well.

CosmoCortney likes this.
  11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I am not seeing where you are going with that. A service advertises its prices up front, a person/group/company then agrees to the prices and makes use of the services and the previously discussed fee is taken upon completion of the contract.
    Is kickstarter overpriced for what it is? Quite possibly but seen as it is no monopoly and again people freely enter into the agreement I am not seeing the issue unless we devolve the discussion into hippy commune levels of nonsense.

12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The wad is not a channel, it's the actual program you need to install.
    You should be able to use the same loaders which let you boot DIOS MIOS Lite.

1- put your game in the correct folder on your SD card (like a gameCube game if you were using DIOS MIOS Lite). For example:
    Mario Kart GP1 : SDCard:/games/GGPE01/game.iso
    Mario Kart GP2 : SDCard:/games/GGPE02/game.iso
    F-Zero AX: SDCard:/games/GFZJ8P/game.iso (is that the right ID? I just google it)

2- Install the QuadForce wad on your Wii. Use any wad manager.

3- use a loader to boot the game (I tried with USBLoaderGX).

Remember:
    QuadForce is installed in the MIOS Slot of your Wii.
    You can only have one MIOS at a time, by installing QuadForce you will loose ability to launch GameCube Games.
    To launch GameCube games again, just reinstall another MIOS :
    - MIOS v10 : official one, play Retail disc
    - DIOS MIOS : Plays backup from USB + Retail disc
    - DIOS MIOS Lite : Plays backup from SD + Retail disc

StarkNebula likes this.
  13. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    GFZJ8P is indeed the game ID for F-Zero AX

14. StarkNebula

StarkNebula Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks Cyan! That got the game visible, though I'm getting the "Devolution only accepts clean dumps!" error, while Neogamma gets a "disc error" (it wants AX's disc to write boot.bin from, I suppose). Is it because I'm supposed to put "quadforce.bin" somewhere special (it's in the root at the moment), or do I need some other file (DOL, INI, etc.)? Or do I need a sys file beside AX's iso?

15. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, you don't need to put the bin anywhere. It's not needed for the end user.

What your problem is:
    Do not use Devolution to boot Arcade games!
    Devolution is for GameCube games only, and it require the Original Game Disc to verify the data (how would you verify an arcade game without the disc?)

When I said you need a loader, I thought about these one:
    - USBLoaderGX
    - Wiiflow
    - Config Loader (I'm not sure)
    - DML Booter

If you use one of the above loader, you need to set it to "MIOS" if that loader has such a user choice.

As QuadForce is a MIOS, you need to tell the loader (USBLoaderGX at least) to launch the game using MIOS mode instead of Devolution mode. By default it's using the MIOS mode, but if you used to launch Devolution from USBLoaderGX, don't forget to set it back to MIOS in the loader's setting or in the Game's settings.

Edit:
    Disable your DML progressive setting too.

StarkNebula likes this.
  16. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    What about for those of that want to run from the EmuNAND? I'm trying relentlessy to get this working on the EmuNAND following the tutorials I've seen, but every time I try to boot any of the games, my Wii turns off (power goes red).

17. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I think QuadForce is for RealNAND only.
    But I know there are tutorials to have multiple MIOS installed at the same time using both Real/EmuNAND with neek2o.
    you need to install QuadForce on real NAND, and either DM neek or DML neek on emuNAND. I never tried it so I let someone else explain how to do it.

18. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Its not, many people have mentioned running it from emuNAND, Crediar himself explained (briefly) how to do so in the release of .1 (need to put the .0000008.app file in title/00000001/00000100 (may have the amount of zeros in those folders wrong)). And I just made some progress, as it is, if I have a disc in the slot when I boot a quadforce game, it actually shows progress saying loading the ISO, instead of saying it needs to reboot. Still they aren't loading. I need to do a little more research I think.

19. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    You would place the quadforce.bin in the /sneek folder IIRC or you could rename it to 00000008.app and replace the existing file in your \title\00000001\00000100\content folder on your emuNAND (either one)
    BUT
    I can only assume this works with Crediar's original xNEEK+DI version (the one that HAS to have your emuNAND in the root of the device) because I've only tried Neek2o and have NEVER been able to get anything but the immediate power down you're experiencing with DML, DM, or QuadForce.

(If you get it working I'd be interested to know how.)

EDIT : :ph34r:'d

20. jackson pesto

jackson pesto Member

Banned
    Apr 1, 2013
    Mexico
    How can I reset or power down with this? With DIOSMIOS it is a button combin, Does this use also a button combin? L+R+START(i forget) or is this option to be added in this newer quadforce